ADVERTISEMENT

Officially a NFL Conspiracy Guy

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Being a Lion's fan I've come to accept Murphy's Law regarding the Lions. Tonight was different. Tonight was a complete robbery and the NFL officials stole the game. I dont think it was incompentence I think it was deliberate. There is no way to explain the over half dozen blatantly missed & made up calls. At some point the Refs have to be held accountable for being this bad.

The refs have been killing the flow of the NFL all year.

That hands to the face call was absolutely embarrassing... Moreover I would never call that a penalty there unless a player literally ripped off the helmet of other player.

Not in that situation. A quality official knows that and would never take the game away from the players.

If there was no call GB still kicks a field goal and goes ahead by 1. Detroit gets 90 seconds to do something with it or not.

If GB was down by 4 or more and there was legit hands to face and it was on 4th down you can throw it then because GB still needs 6 and the Lions can still stop them.

Great officials do NOT take the game out of the players hands.

Amateur night in the NFL location Green Bay 10/14/19

Reactions: LH24ND

That hands to the face call was absolutely embarrassing... Moreover I would never call that a penalty there unless a player literally ripped off the helmet of other player.

Not in that situation. A quality official knows that and would never take the game away from the players.

If there was no call GB still kicks a field goal and goes ahead by 1. Detroit gets 90 seconds to do something with it or not.

If GB was down by 4 or more and there was legit hands to face and it was on 4th down you can throw it then because GB still needs 6 and the Lions can still stop them.

That was the 2nd phantom hands to the face call. 1st one took a big sack and had GB 4 & 20+ with the Lions up 9.
Then the refs missed a clear pass interference on GB the next series. I get breaks of the game but this wasnt that.

Agreed there were some bad calls in the game and that the Lions were on the wrong end of most of them, but a conspiracy to deliberately throw the game? Whoa there, big fella, that's too much Oliver Stone stuff for me.

I do, however, think the NFL has a big problem with officials refusing (deliberately, it would seem) to overturn PI calls that have been challenged. The success rate on challenged calls is extremely low. Either officials hate the rule and are refusing to call obvious PI penalties, or they have decided that the standard to overturn a call on review is that the receiver has to have been decapitated in order to reverse the call.

Being a Lion's fan I've come to accept Murphy's Law regarding the Lions. Tonight was different. Tonight was a complete robbery and the NFL officials stole the game. I dont think it was incompentence I think it was deliberate. There is no way to explain the over half dozen blatantly missed & made up calls. At some point the Refs have to be held accountable for being this bad.

I'm not really an NFL fan, but grew up cheering for the Packers so that is the team I nominally root for today. Last night I thought the first hands to the face was just a missed call when I saw the replay, but I was stunned when the ref made the same call on the final drive. It definitely left me questioning whether I was watching an NFL game or a pro wrestling match.

For decades, I have noticed the tendency of referees to try to make games closer when one team has a big second half lead, so I definitely have one foot in "the NFL is fixed" door.

I also thought that was pass interference, but I have come to realize I have no idea what pass interference is anymore. Sometimes they allow a lot of contact; sometimes the DB just has to look at the receiver and is called. I thought I read somewhere that interference was going to become a reviewable call. If so, just what we need to make the games longer and more boring.

Raiders fan here who has long believed the commish office has it out against the raiders. A lot is our own doing from the past and then we sign guys like Burfict and incognito so we don’t get out of our own way too. Take a look at our current schedule for this season: @minny, @indy, London (bears). @packers, @houston. Also consider the move to vegas and how much better the hbo program would have been next year but they forced it on us this year instead.

As to last night there were definitely some bad calls and officiating has been very poor in general. The hands to face, I just don’t think it’s as bad as everyone says- the rule is intended to prevent a defender using the face mask for leverage, but I doubt anyone intended to allow the guy to go under the face mask and leverage his jaw either. I also remember the lions getting a td early in the game where one sideline judge was marking down and there wasn’t a single angle where you could see the ball crossing the line, including the other sideline view.

the games have no flow anymore because of all the flags. becoming unwatchable and i'm as big a football diehard as you'll find.

The corrupt league under Comrade Goodell will continue to be just that as long as they do not suspend or fire these officials. Won’t happen and trash like last night will continue.

Reactions: 88ND
the games have no flow anymore because of all the flags. becoming unwatchable and i'm as big a football diehard as you'll find.

I personally think the referees were better when they were not bailed out by review. Now I think they make calls and just wait to see if it needs to be overturned or not. I also feel like you need a law degree to follow the explanations.

Green Bay ran a play with 13!! men on the field on defense and it wasn't flagged. Never seen that before.

Green Bay ran a play with 13!! men on the field on defense and it wasn't flagged. Never seen that before.
This is the sort of thing that leads me to get into conspiracy. Seriously this isn’t an interpretation or judgment call. How could this be missed?

Of all the bad/no calls last night.... this one was correct... or closer to correct than the internet is making it seem.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/packers-13-players-no-flag-lions
Reading that and seeing the pic after watching the game doesn’t really sway me, all that article says is the rule interjects more judgment than my initial assumption. Not sure how anyone wouldn’t concluded they were “in formation” there (they were absolutely in formation) and it passes the 3 second rule quoted to for it to be a penalty as well.

Reading that and seeing the pic after watching the game doesn’t really sway me, all that article says is the rule interjects more judgment than my initial assumption. Not sure how anyone wouldn’t concluded they were “in formation” there (they were absolutely in formation) and it passes the 3 second rule quoted to for it to be a penalty as well.
I watched it live with a vested interest in the Lions and didnt think it should of been a penalty..... Lions went quick and caught the packers swithcing packages.... Packers realized they were screwed and called a timeout quick.... happens....

Now, there are about ten other calls that I would point to first in regards to the lions getting screwed... this one just makes for a good picture and headline to get clicks.

ADVERTISEMENT