ADVERTISEMENT

Offense recruiting...Buhler....Buhler!?

Chip in 18 - 31.4 ppg
Rees in 20 - 33.4

Huh??
Nice cherry pick. We arguably had one of the weakest schedules in a long time in the acc. Still we see ranked 102nd in the red zone.also Long was nurtured after the Michigan game.

We had an equal offense to your boy Chip Long with less weapons and no spring ball.

Recruiting has been as good or better than Chips first 2 years. And we still have time to add big time players.

He designed the offense to succeed with the talent we had and lack of spring ball. No problem there from me.

Getting what he got out of Book with Books talent was pretty darn impressive.

The Phil situation is his poor mark so far. Other than that, so far so good
Chip is not my boy and I was fine with Kelly sacking him. Just didn't agree with the Rees hire and for whatever reason you're extremely triggered by that. Go hug your Tommy doll and take deep breaths Homer lol.

Nice cherry pick. We arguably had one of the weakest schedules in a long time in the acc. Still we see ranked 102nd in the red zone.also Long was nurtured after the Michigan game.
Cherry pick?? You just said Rees was worse that any offense statistically than Chip. You were obviously wrong.

Neutered after the Michigan game? That was in 19 first of all. And the offense actually got better after the Michigan game

You okay over there, you slippin or you getting worse at being a troll?

Chip is not my boy and I was fine with Kelly sacking him. Just didn't agree with the Rees hire and for whatever reason you're extremely triggered by that. Go hug your Tommy doll and take deep breaths Homer lol.
I could care less who the OC is as long as he gets the job done. Rees did his first season. We'll see what he can do this year.

You're obsessed with the guy. Hating on him like he stole your girl or something. Chill out over him. Let him have a chance. So far, so good

Cherry pick?? You just said Rees was worse that any offense statistically than Chip. You were obviously wrong.

Neutered after the Michigan game? That was in 19 first of all. And the offense actually got better after the Michigan game

You okay over there, you slippin or you getting worse at being a troll?
You are truly obtuse and just make things up as you go. Where did I say that every statistic of longs offense was better than Rees? I'm not even making this a Chip vs Tommy. But if so far you think that Rees has been upgrade you are a blind Homer that has no business talking college football. You think our offenseive line is doing fine under Quinn?

I could care less who the OC is as long as he gets the job done. Rees did his first season. We'll see what he can do this year.

You're obsessed with the guy. Hating on him like he stole your girl or something. Chill out over him. Let him have a chance. So far, so good
No not so far so good. But then again you are looking through the lens of your man love for Tommy. Yes we will see. As a ND fan I'm rooting for Tommy but no I'm not impressed.at all so far. Time will tell. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. I'm not sue you could handle if your man crush fails.

I know the Homer's here are quick to dismiss you but there is ait of merit in what you say. Kids want to go where the proven coach can say hey this is m resume. These are the players I've developed and put in the NFL. This is whatmy offenses look like and what they have done. Rees has one example Ian Book and an offense in his first year that is statistically worse than any of Chip Long's so far. Did we not expect this leaning curve from an OC with Zero experience?

You are truly obtuse and just make things up as you go. Where did I say that every statistic of longs offense was better than Rees? I'm not even making this a Chip vs Tommy. But if so far you think that Rees has been upgrade you are a blind Homer that has no business talking college football. You think our offenseive line is doing fine under Quinn?
You said Rees' offense is statistically worse than any of Longs.

Wrong again

33.4 > 31.4

No not so far so good. But then again you are looking through the lens of your man love for Tommy. Yes we will see. As a ND fan I'm rooting for Tommy but no I'm not impressed.at all so far. Time will tell. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. I'm not sue you could handle if your man crush fails.
Come on you're a troll, not an ND fan. A child like poster trolling

Come on you're a troll, not an ND fan. A child like poster trolling
Well I guess you forgot your esp pill today. I grew up just outside of ND, been to almost every home game since Devine. I have been on staff at ND for sports (not football) and have known many associated with the program and still close to some. I'll use your analogy. "Swing and a miss"

Agreed, can’t leapfrog a champion, but he’s the best coach since Holtz.
Fortunately Boob Weisingham got retreaded by UW, KU, and UNM. So we don't have to doubt our own eyes.
Did we have comparable numbers of red zone trips? It seems if we scored from outside the RZ then we were doing fine.
One year in the weakest schedules does not count.
Of course it counts. If the Reesfense rated worse than his predecessor every detractor would be counting it in a high pitched scream.

What it does mean is that one good year did not prove Thomas Rees. Presuming he is still OC in 2022 we should know a lot more from games @anOSU and vs Clemson.

I was against Rees hire because I think ND is in good enough spot for instant home run just like we did at DC… rees may be a future amazing OC but he wasn’t last year and so far with recruiting he isn’t this year. That’s a two year miss we can’t afford to win NC soon.

Reactions: irish4life9999
I was against Rees hire because I think ND is in good enough spot for instant home run just like we did at DC… rees may be a future amazing OC but he wasn’t last year and so far with recruiting he isn’t this year. That’s a two year miss we can’t afford to win NC soon.
Totally agree with this. There was no serious national search. I don't expect, nor blame, Rees that he's not instantly successful as this is a huge learning curve and certainly not ready to make and elite offense. It's pretty obvious jsut in recruting right now. But wow talk about triggering the Homer's here. How dare us question Kelly!

I was against the hire as well at the time.

But last yr with the talent and roster we had, he did a real good job. Built the offense around our strengths, tried to hide our weaknesses as long as possible. No problems there really for me.

On recruiting, it hasnt been elite but it hasnt been a drop either.

Buchner Fisher Spindler Colzie Styles Diggs, I like all 4 tight ends. We still have more oppurtunity Williams and Merriweather and Scrauth

We've missed some but still real good esp if we land those 2 and another OL.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Just because it’s a first offer doesn’t mean first on their board. No way they had price over singleton. No way they had Angeli over a few others.

But I agree, offensive recruiting isn’t bad. It just looks that way compared to the D recruiting at the moment.
I think people will be surprised with Price. He's got the speed, to make the cuts, Etc. In terms of and jelly, yes he's not an elite quarterback, but he has improved on video over time, and I don't think he's as much of a project as other quarterbacks we have recruited in the past. We need a quarterback who could stay in the pocket, take a hit, hit receivers not necessarily before they're open but as they're getting open, and throw a deep ball especially down the seam. We need one week wide receiver who stays healthy, and the rest will fall in place not every five star producers in college.

I was against the hire only because I thought ND was so close to championship level football that they should have hired a well known respected coordinator that would have brought(in theory) game changers to the offense in their first year.
That being said, you would be hard to find any respected coach who doesn't think Rees is an up in coming star. He did a good ,not great job last year and will only improve. It is a pressure cooker job and he succeeded my first year expectations

I was against the hire only because I thought ND was so close to championship level football that they should have hired a well known respected coordinator that would have brought(in theory) game changers to the offense in their first year.
That being said, you would be hard to find any respected coach who doesn't think Rees is an up in coming star. He did a good ,not great job last year and will only improve. It is a pressure cooker job and he succeeded my first year expectations
Notre Dame already has their 10 coaches on their staff. Those 10 coaches are the only ones that are allowed to actually coach on the field during games and practices. All these other guys are basically staff support and you can hire as many of them as you want.

From what I recall there weren't a whole of options to like for the coordinator position at the time. I think Kelly liked what Long did and wanted to continue the similarities of Long's offense. I think Rees has done OK/well, especially considering his youth and lack of experience.

I think it was a weird year. I think this year will be his first real test. I'm not impressed with recruiting this year. Especially on the OL. I put a lot of that on Quinn also.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I just know what I've been told by many people in the business. You're certainly entitled to your short sighted, uneducated opinion. I'll go with the opinion of folks with a long history in the business.
The OP is not an ND fan—-just a troll. All he does is criticize ND. The next positive thing he says about ND will be the first.

The OP is not an ND fan—-just a troll. All he does is criticize ND. The next positive thing he says about ND will be the first.
Lol better work on your clairvoyance there sparky. I grew up outside the ND stadium. Been to well over 200 home games. I've been on staff at ND for a sports program (not football). Just because I don't put my blind Homer glasses on all the time doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings.

Lol better work on your clairvoyance there sparky. I grew up outside the ND stadium. Been to well over 200 home games. I've been on staff at ND for a sports program (not football). Just because I don't put my blind Homer glasses on all the time doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings.

Ah, you were the guy who was previously banned. Thanks for the reminder.

Saber or Epee ?

Reactions: irish4life9999
Clairvoyance? You obviously don’t know what the word means, half wit. What year did you graduate from ND? I’m ND class of 1992. I’ve been attending games since the early 1980s and have seen ND play on the road at over 20 college football stadiums in addition to attending home games, big mouth.

Last edited:
Clairvoyance? You obviously don’t know what the word means, half wit. What year did you graduate from ND? I’m ND class of 1992. I’ve been attending games since the early 1980s and have seen ND play on the road at over 20 college football stadiums in addition to attending home games, big mouth.
I don't believe for one second you are a ND grad. You are the idiot that claimed he knows everything about me. You're not only obtuse you're a liar to boot. Btw genius the definition of clairvoyant is, "Clairvoyance is the claimed ability to gain information about an object, person, location, or physical event through extrasensory perception". Even a cusory Google search would have saved you looking like a buffoon. But too late now. So care to add anything germane to the topic are you going to continue with your juvenile temper tantrum?

I don't believe for one second you are a ND grad. You are the idiot that claimed he knows everything about me. You're not only obtuse you're a liar to boot. Btw genius the definition of clairvoyant is, "Clairvoyance is the claimed ability to gain information about an object, person, location, or physical event through extrasensory perception". Even a cusory Google search would have saved you looking like a buffoon. But too late now. So care to add anything germane to the topic are you going to continue with your juvenile temper tantrum?
What does ESP have to do with my earlier post? Where did I claim that I had ESP? And please show where I claimed I knew everything about you. By the way, it’s spelled “cursory.”

I frankly don’t care if you believe I graduated from ND or not. Others on this board can verify I did. But if thinking I didn’t makes you feel better about yourself, then go right ahead. The fact remains (despite what you may think) that I have have an ND diploma, and you don’t. So maybe you should sit this one out, champ.

PS: cleaning out the urinals at the Joyce Center after a basketball game doesn’t mean you were on an ND “staff” for a sports program.

Last edited:
You mean like claiming you “grew up outside the ND stadium”? It must have been a tough childhood growing up in a parking lot.
If you had any clue about South Bend you would know claiming that I grew up up anywhere out side the ND stadium is hardly bragging. Yes I could see the the stadium from my house. I would hear the band practicing out of my window in the summers. If you had actually been around ND stadium in the 80s (which we all know you'd didn't) you would know a lot has changed. My parents old house was bought by ND and bulldozed a long time ago and there are soccer fields are there now. Care to continue? I could go on busting you up all night. But not going to. So unless you have anything about football to add I'm done with you and good luck with all that.

What does ESP have to do with my earlier post? Where did I claim that I had ESP? And please show where I claimed I knew everything about you. By the way, it’s spelled “cursory.”

I frankly don’t care if you believe I graduated from ND or not. Others on this board can verify I did. But if thinking I didn’t makes you feel better about yourself, then go right ahead. The fact remains (despite what you may think) that I have have an ND diploma, and you don’t. So maybe you should sit this one out, champ.

PS: cleaning out the urinals at the Joyce Center after a basketball game doesn’t mean you were on an ND “staff” for a sports program.
You're weird.

ADVERTISEMENT