ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. R.I.P.

Nice post, beach. The best part is when he’s telling the officials to back off. What a great moment. 👏🏻

It is one of the great moments for certain. When I still had interest in the Olympics...

Like so much anymore its become degraded and corrupt and frankly boring all too often.

Just trying to think of my favorite Olympic moment and I just cannot pick one. I was truly both a winter and summer Olympic Junkie for like 40 years.

I was in 8th grade at the school carnival when my best friend’s dad approached us and told us we had just beaten the Russians in hockey. I didn’t even witness it live but it was no doubt the greatest Olympic moment for me.

I was in 8th grade at the school carnival when my best friend’s dad approached us and told us we had just beaten the Russians in hockey. I didn’t even witness it live but it was no doubt the greatest Olympic moment for me.
It was not on live. It was set for a delayed showing which underscores what people thought our chances were.

It was not on live. It was set for a delayed showing which underscores what people thought our chances were.
Its amazing how many people claim they watched it live.

I guess if I had a gun to my head and had to chose a Olympic Moment of all time, that would be it.

Yep, they re-played it later that day or the next day and then we had to beat Finland on Sunday (I think) to get the gold. Huge moment & great memory. Thanks for bringing up the subject, beach. That Redmond clip is awesome, I had never seen it.

Yep, they re-played it later that day or the next day and then we had to beat Finland on Sunday (I think) to get the gold. Huge moment & great memory. Thanks for bringing up the subject, beach. That Redmond clip is awesome, I had never seen it.
Yes it was Finland, people think we beat Russia for the gold. You are welcome.

supposedly some hockey experts were not totally shocked; thought the russians might be ripe for an upset,

BUT I think that is all after the fact; sure did not remember hearing ANYONE think we could do more than keep it close at best.

It’s not just a wonderful moment within the confines of the Olympics, or sports, it’s a wonderful moment in humanity, reflective of a consoling gesture of a father and a son who are both in great pain.
Very well said.

ADVERTISEMENT