ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Boston College predictions

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
I predict the Irish will win 38 to 37. Just win Baby !!

The Irish will be up 38 to 0 at halftime but Marcus will rest his regulars to have them ready for USC (I believe the strategy will payoff in the long run)

Phil J. will throw two miraculus "Hail Mary's" after a couple of successful onside kicks and a two point conversion.
With no time on the clock on a two point conversion attempt, Phil J. will thow a perfect pass to a wide open Offensive tackle on a tackle eligible play.
Since the weather will be very cold and the Tackle never caught a pass before in a game--he will drop it and the Irish will win and the fans will storm the field in a very exciting victory.
The Boston College coach will be fired after the game for the tackle eligible call.

*** When interviewed after the game Marcus will sheepishly smile and say " That was a little closer then he would like and next time he will wait until the fourth quarter to pull the starters.

Go Irish !!
Beat BC !!

*** I believe ND will also block two punts to keep their streak going.

Reactions: sluggo69

The Irish will be up 38 to 0 at halftime but Marcus will rest his regulars to have them ready for USC (I believe the strategy will payoff in the long run)

Phil J. will throw two miraculus "Hail Mary's" after a couple of successful onside kicks and a two point conversion.
With no time on the clock on a two point conversion attempt, Phil J. will thow a perfect pass to a wide open Offensive tackle on a tackle eligible play.
Since the weather will be very cold and the Tackle never caught a pass before in a game--he will drop it and the Irish will win and the fans will storm the field in a very exciting victory.
The Boston College coach will be fired after the game for the tackle eligible call.

*** When interviewed after the game Marcus will sheepishly smile and say " That was a little closer then he would like and next time he will wait until the fourth quarter to pull the starters.

Go Irish !!
Beat BC !!

Bodi, I don’t expect Phil J to start, or even play in this game. His back up, a red shirt freshman, has played two games in Phil’s absence, and looked great doing it. I watched part of one game, and he has a very good arm, throws with accuracy, scrambles to extend plays, and runs North and South really well. We have been Inconsistent all year in the amount of pressure we are able to put on opposing QBs, and when we do get pressure, we haven’t done a good job controlling scrambles for good yardage. We damn well better bring pressure and control his scrambling, or the score will be close and high scoring. If we get pressure and control him out of the pocket, I think we’re looking at something like a 35-17 ND win.

Id

Go Irish !!
Beat BC !!

idiot

31-21 ND. We will be ahead the whole game but won’t be able to pull away, as is always the case for this team vs lesser competition

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Like every week. I’d take a 1 pt win.

Just win. BC is one of those programs that has a knack of beating us. They owned us for a bit, we have owned them lately.

MF seems to keep us on our toes. 1-0 Irish.

Reactions: Kelso86
ND will roll this week! I'm thinking 38-17. Send it
You have been so close on all your ND predictions in these threads. You are Money ! I still ove you a pint of Bacardi and a whole fresh pineapple from last year. We must plan sometime on how to get you this greatly earned prize. Once we have it figured I will get the gifts and send them.

This is Boston College -- even though they may be down a bit, it is still BC

But, I think ND bounces back from a "terrible" (not sure what else to say) 2nd half last week -- 38-21

But, to use the NCAA tournament phrase -- Win, and advance to the next game! 8-3 is much better than 7-4 (and there are many people -- you know who you are) who severely doubted ND would 7 games -- PERIOD.

Minchey driving 7 hours into a blizzard. Gray coming 6. Man, stay safe on the roads. I live about 1 hour from South Bend and all the schools are closed. Nasty this way. Tomorrows game temp is going to be my definition of hell.

Bodi, I don’t expect Phil J to start, or even play in this game. His back up, a red shirt freshman, has played two games in Phil’s absence, and looked great doing it. I watched part of one game, and he has a very good arm, throws with accuracy, scrambles to extend plays, and runs North and South really well. We have been Inconsistent all year in the amount of pressure we are able to put on opposing QBs, and when we do get pressure, we haven’t done a good job controlling scrambles for good yardage. We damn well better bring pressure and control his scrambling, or the score will be close and high scoring. If we get pressure and control him out of the pocket, I think we’re looking at something like a 35-17 ND win.
Telx, my GREAT friend, I read in this weekend Eric Hansons chat transcipt that there is a good chance Phil may play and if he is able to, they will not take it into account how well the redshirt frosh has played.
Phil is out for blood.. There will be no denying him. We need Isiah Foskey to get four sacks and a few hurrys to get Phill off the field.
Check out the transcipt.
I wish I could talk longer but I have to go to sleep to prepare for more OT and more money. I have been reading up on Warren Buffett. I want to be rich like him and pick you, Ski, Ara, Scuba, Sluggo,Jschoop, JohnGaunt, NINiRISH, Thunder, GreenKoolaid and many other cool posters and take them to games in my new private Jet if things go as I plan---we will go to all the Irish games!
including playoffs!!

Telx, my GREAT friend, I read in this weekend Eric Hansons chat transcipt that there is a good chance Phil may play and if he is able to, they will not take it into account how well the redshirt frosh has played.
Phil is out for blood.. There will be no denying him. We need Isiah Foskey to get four sacks and a few hurrys to get Phill off the field.
Check out the transcipt.
I wish I could talk longer but I have to go to sleep to prepare for more OT and more money. I have been reading up on Warren Buffett. I want to be rich like him and pick you, Ski, Ara, Scuba, Jschoop, JohnGaunt, NINiRISH, Thunder, GreenKoolaid and many other cool posters and take them to games in my new private Jet if things go as I plan---we will go to all the Irish games!
including playoffs!!
Not wise in this situation. Phil seems the type of kid where if anything happened to further his injury he might go after BC. He seems to like holding grudges, and talking shit publicly about schools that gave him a free education and an opportunity to compete. On the other hand, he could use a little reminding of how shitty his team is even with him behind center. As well as why ND was fine not having him stick around when he acted like a baby about losing his position to a record setting upper classman and now NFL QB. He’d be more likable if he had some class and kept his mouth shut. Hell, even Joe Cool still loves Ohio State.

Last edited:
This is tough. NDs erratic play this year makes it’s difficult to determine an outcome. But I will give it the old college try. ND makes it more difficult than it should be. Pull away late

ND 27. BC 17

Reactions: Kelso86
You have been so close on all your ND predictions in these threads. You are Money ! I still ove you a pint of Bacardi and a whole fresh pineapple from last year. We must plan sometime on how to get you this greatly earned prize. Once we have it figured I will get the gifts and send them.
You're my hero Bodi! Right behind Teddy Roosevelt! I'm not worthy of such a prize.......he'll yes I am!

Weather favors ND. Windy and snow. That's a line game for sure.

That's one of the things that has always struck me in this whole SC/UCLA Big 10 deal. What are they gonna do when they roll into Ann Arbor in November and it's 25 and snowing?

Reactions: BGI User 756
That's one of the things that has always struck me in this whole SC/UCLA Big 10 deal. What are they gonna do when they roll into Ann Arbor in November and it's 25 and snowing?
USC will not visit after October, maybe late September

They’re in a conference. So They will be playing in the Midwest in November. Talk about needing to keep your day job.
I doubt that their schedule will have them playing in the Midwest in November.
That may have been a condition of them joining the Big10

I doubt that their schedule will have them playing in the Midwest in November.
That may have been a condition of them joining the Big10
So they’re gonna have 4 straight home games every year? You’re not very smart.

Actually I just think your obtuse. Or maybe obstinate but definitely one of those.

I assume we can run on them. If we do, we win by several touchdowns. A loss would be terrible, but I think we win comfortably. That said if the team coasts and is looking ahead to USC it could be a tight game.

If the team that played Clemson shows up: 45-10, ND
If the team that showed up in the 2nd half against Navy: 24-23, ND

ADVERTISEMENT