ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame team talent composite ranking #14

I've expanded on my point in response to your criticism of my point to clarify but I don't see any contradictions.

It's not my job to wrap things up in a pretty bow so that Notre Dame fans don't get their feelings hurt. I'm simply pointing out important facts where there's a massive disconnect between Notre Dame fans and reality.
My issue with these type of posts from you is that you ignore other important facts that are positive. You only focus on the negative. Yes it is true that if we want to compete better against the elite teams that we need more top end talent. But why not mention that we have really good S&C, player development, player retention and a winning culture. All of these things are extremely important as well but you never talk about it. Those aspects of our program is why we were a legit top 10 team last season despite have talent ranked somewhere between 12-15. Also, where is this disconnect from reality on this board? Has anyone on here said that we are right there with Bama and Clemson? All people mention is that we are trending the right way in the last 2 seasons but there is still a lot of work to do.

Yes. They beat USC, LSU, and Michigan. So 3 teams inside those rankings

ok, while you were answering I was editing, sorry.

But yes, the teams they beat were teams that were beginning or in a down slope:
LSU, USC and FSU and of course the Harbaugh’s.

This particular ranking is a summary of all of the accumulative talent on the roster based on the recruiting ranking of each player respectively. It is a summary of each programs talent 1-85 on their 85 man roster. it is a ranking that is updated once every year at the start of the season.

this is not a recruiting ranking but a snapshot of the talent on the roster as of last week. So if a player has left the program or is not on the 85 man roster he does not count.

Why is this ranking so important?

It places Notre Dame at the back end if not last in terms of how they stack up with the top programs in each power 5 conference who are competing for playoff spots.

how in the hell is Notre Dame supposed to compete for playoff spots, and beat Juggernaut football programs that are gatekeepers, when they enter every season with their hands tied behind their back?

the homer nd media of course will not talk about this issue and Notre Dame fans will be offended by this conversation / topic but it is the raw truth.

Notre Dame must recruit significantly better in order to close the talent gap and actually compete with the premier programs in college football again.

when Notre Dame gets beat before the start of the second half at the hands of the programs that are ranked highly on this list it should surprise nobody.

Notre Dame is always in the top five in terms of revenue generated...the fans are certainly doing their part...will Notre Dame administrators step up to the plate and do theirs?

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

I notice the ranking of recruiters on the right side of the page you linked. I didn't realize Chip Long was such a stud in that area. I've been underwhelmed with his in-game coaching, but that's a valuable coach to have on the staff if he's consistently bringing in high 4-stars like that.

Reactions: chaseball
I notice the ranking of recruiters on the right side of the page you linked. I didn't realize Chip Long was such a stud in that area. I've been underwhelmed with his in-game coaching, but that's a valuable coach to have on the staff if he's consistently bringing in high 4-stars like that.

Agreed.

I also like what Tommy Rees has done this past class he was apparently a big part of the Jordan Johnson recruitment along with some of the other really nice quarterback prospects that have committed in recent cycles

ok, while you were answering I was editing, sorry.

But yes, the teams they beat were teams that were beginning or in a down slope:
LSU, USC and FSU and of course the Harbaugh’s.
Another excuse.

And how was Michigan in a down slope or beginning?

We're 4 and 2 against the teams above us who had more talent. I forgot about FSU. The 1 loss was a razor close one to Georgia. The other of course Clemson

Another excuse.

And how was Michigan in a down slope or beginning?

We're 4 and 2 against the teams above us who had more talent. I forgot about FSU. The 1 loss was a razor close one to Georgia. The other of course Clemson

But what team rated higher than ND did ND beat?
SC was on probation
LSU was a 5-6 placed SEC team w/o a QB or coach
And
I am not sure that at the time of the games what that talent rankings looked like. It has been a few years since those games.

ND’s status as independent, makes the road to playoffs much easier.

These rankings from 247 Sports are from 2019. 2020 rankings not yet up on 247 Sports, but my sense is that the poster is correct. For 2020, ND will probably be ranked again around 14-15 in terns of total team talent.

These rankings from 247 Sports are from 2019. 2020 rankings not yet up on 247 Sports, but my sense is that the poster is correct. For 2020, ND will probably be ranked again around 14-15 in terns of total team talent.
these are not traditional class rankings these are composite team talent rankings that were updated August 28th 2019

it is the summation of all of the talent on the 85 man roster based on how the players ranked during their recruitment

But what team rated higher than ND did ND beat?
SC was on probation
LSU was a 5-6 placed SEC team w/o a QB or coach
And
I am not sure that at the time of the games what that talent rankings looked like. It has been a few years since those games.

ND’s status as independent, makes the road to playoffs much easier.
We beat 3 of those teams last year. Our schedule is tougher than most p5 teams so it's not easier. We also don't play any fcs teams

ADVERTISEMENT