ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame QB commit CJ Carr reportedly makes decision on reclassification

Good move. Needs to get stronger still and put on some weight.

Hes going to recruit for the 24 class and bring in a top 5 class around him

Reactions: Kelso86
No chance that young man was leaving early. Why would he? He would not start next season so there is no need to rush it.

I would look for a transfer portal QB for next season. I’m not sold on Buchner and Pyne is too small. We were lucky those tipped passes weren’t picked off. Jmo. If we land a top flight transfer the sky is the limit for next years team.

Its very doubtful TB is going to be any kind of real upgrade over Pyne.

I have seen nothing from him that shows he would be better than Coan was.

Transfer portal seems to be the only way we can have a truly improved QB for 2023.
I think going forward Buchner will either be used in certain situations or transfer....

It's a complete lateral move going from Pyne to Buchner.

While his running is better he gets banged up from a long windy walk and his throwimg is about as accurate as Wimbush

Plus if we stick with really running the ball who gives a shit. It's not a mayday.

It's only a mayday if we're trying to make our QB a 300 yard passer.
Hopefully Rees can see the benefit of power football...real dedicated power football by the prior two results and starts making tail backs and the best earth movers his priority on the recruiting trail because we sure the hell can't recruit the QB and WR positions

I think going forward Buchner will either be used in certain situations or transfer....

It's a complete lateral move going from Pyne to Buchner.

While his running is better he gets banged up from a long windy walk and his throwimg is about as accurate as Wimbush

Plus if we stick with really running the ball who gives a shit. It's not a mayday.

It's only a mayday if we're trying to make our QB a 300 yard passer.
Hopefully Rees can see the benefit of power football...real dedicated power football by the prior two results and starts making tail backs and the best earth movers his priority on the recruiting trail because we sure the hell can't recruit the QB and WR positions
Would be ideal for Carr to come in next year. He and Pyne are both high football IQ guys with long blood lines in the sport. Carr would learn a lot and be ready to go for 2024. Then we would have the power running game with the 300 yard passer.

I would look for a transfer portal QB for next season. I’m not sold on Buchner and Pyne is too small. We were lucky those tipped passes weren’t picked off. Jmo. If we land a top flight transfer the sky is the limit for next years team.
Not really...

I jusy can't get over this board sometimes thinking if we just had xyz at the 1 back it's all great.

Be careful what you wish for because if we got a better QB Rees will not resist going back to throwing the pussified to fail routes and trying to get 300 plus areial yards all over again.

If they're in the star trek portal to begin with odds are they aren't throwing down the field chunk plays. In other words not a savior.

The salvation right now is a mediocre QB which forced Rees to focus on our strength. Power football

Not really...

I jusy can't get over this board sometimes thinking if we just had xyz at the 1 back it's all great.

Be careful what you wish for because if we got a better QB Rees will not resist going back to throwing the pussified to fail routes and trying to get 300 plus areial yards all over again.

If they're in the star trek portal to begin with odds are they aren't throwing down the field chunk plays. In other words not a savior.

The salvation right now is a mediocre QB which forced Rees to focus on our strength. Power football
I can definitely see what you mean. I have the same gut feeling Rees will begin to air it out more. I’m not sold on Buchner. I think we go after the best QB we can get. It’s going to be up to freeman to reel in Rees. Jmo.

Reactions: 88ND
ADVERTISEMENT