ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame plays 3 teams favored to win their conference

I follow usc. I don't know anyone who pick us to win the Pac. I also haven't seen this in any publication. I also do know anyone serious who uses Vegas to predict conference winners. For example, SC is a favorite over ND to win the natty in Vegas, does that sound right to you?

I’m done with the conversation.

I follow usc. I don't know anyone who pick us to win the Pac. I also haven't seen this in any publication. I also do know anyone serious who uses Vegas to predict conference winners. For example, SC is a favorite over ND to win the natty in Vegas, does that sound right to you?

Check the top 5 odds favorites. Looks pretty accurate to me.

Yes, I would favor SC over ND for a championship, however, I have ND 14-0.

But SC has a proven coqch and a proven QB. ND has neither.

Check the top 5 odds favorites. Looks pretty accurate to me.

Yes, I would favor SC over ND for a championship, however, I have ND 14-0.

But SC has a proven coach and a proven QB. ND has neither.
OK. If you see SC as the fifth most likely team to win the natty, just keep on thinking that way. I have us at 9-3 this year with sure losses to ND and Utah. Surprised you think we will beat you this year.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
OK. If you see SC as the fifth most likely team to win the natty, just keep on thinking that way. I have us at 9-3 this year with sure losses to ND and Utah. Surprised you think we will beat you this year.

I have us at 9-3 also.

Very convenient response.

All I ever hear on this board is Vegas odds. “Vegas knows something we don’t”.
Yes, Vegas wants to make money. However, they tell you up front the risk of picking each team. Picking SC to win the Pac12 championship is the lowest risk.

If Vegas doesn't allow you to make the opposite bet (the PAC field vs USC), then they aren't real odds.

I don’t believe SC will beat ND. I said I am predicting a 14-0 season

I don’t believe SC will beat ND. I said I am predicting a 14-0 season.

I said I can see why SC has better odds than ND to win a championship.

SC has two key ingredients that ND does not have.

#1 a proven HC
#2 A QB that has shown he is one of the top QBs in the country.

Of course they aren't.
If anyone bets on SC to win the PAC then the profit is not a lot compared to someone picking let’s say Oregon St.

Just like Vegas picking Bama to win the whole thing. Sure, you can bet on the obvious but you won’t make a lot of money.

You don’t make a lot of money betting on the odds on favorite compared to betting on underdog.

If anyone bets on SC to win the PAC then the profit is not a lot compared to someone picking let’s say Oregon St.

Just like Vegas picking Bama to win the whole thing. Sure, you can bet on the obvious but you won’t make a lot of money.

You don’t make a lot of money betting on the odds on favorite compared to betting on underdog.
Las Vegas does not create odds or point spreads to tell you who the actual favorite is. "Follow the
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........"

Always.

Las Vegas does not create odds or point spreads to tell you who the actual favorite is. "Follow the
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........"

Always.
So they have Bama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia top 4 odds to win a championship.

Those 4 teams are also probably favorites on everyone’s list.

So what do you say about the Vegas top 4???

I made this post not to defend SC or any other opponents on the schedule.

I made this post to point out this could be the toughest schedule (plus playoffs) ND has played in decades.

If ND wins the championship this season, it will be the greatest ND season of all time.

Well, the problem is this isn't the subject we were discussing. You think Vegas is an accurate way to pick the winner of conferences and nattys but you think ND will beat SC (which Vegas says shouldn't happen by your use of Vegas odds and that ND will win the natty (which you say shouldn't happen based on your use of Vegas odds.)

What is actually happening is that Vegas knows tons of SC fans visit and irrationally bet on SC, they also know that with a new coach and 45 new player SC is a bit of a wild card, so they lower their risk by giving lower odds. They know a lot of SC betters won't care. Can't prove this but I bet if you asked the guys who set the odds none would predict SC to win the Pac. Vegs tries to predict betting not results.

As to this being a tough schedule for ND, you are absolutely right. You just used an incorrect example, that's all.

OSU
SC
Clemson

This could be the toughest schedule in 20 plus seasons.

That is why I said this could be the greatest season Notre Dame has ever had!!!!
SC’s conference kinda sucks! Recently the were picked for finishing 3rd.
Clemson is semi rebuilding and Miami is loaded. Cristobal is a terrible game day coach.
tOSU is uber talented at some spots; but you yourself trashed their defense.
All 3 games will be fun!

the season depends on the tOSU game being a classic; and very competitive at worst!

Well, the problem is this isn't the subject we were discussing. You think Vegas is an accurate way to pick the winner of conferences and nattys but you think ND will beat SC (which Vegas says shouldn't happen by your use of Vegas odds and that ND will win the natty (which you say shouldn't happen based on your use of Vegas odds.)

What is actually happening is that Vegas knows tons of SC fans visit and irrationally bet on SC, they also know that with a new coach and 45 new player SC is a bit of a wild card, so they lower their risk by giving lower odds. They know a lot of SC betters won't care. Can't prove this but I bet if you asked the guys who set the odds none would predict SC to win the Pac. Vegs tries to predict betting not results.

As to this being a tough schedule for ND, you are absolutely right. You just used an incorrect example, that's all.
This will be spinned by Zorich to fit a narrative.

Yes it does. Odds to win the national title are about 1/4th of your odds to make the CFP. Playing in the PAC12 without Clemson an anOSU on the schedule increases your chances of making the CFP.

None of those were title games. Game would have been more exciting had Major not gotten injured.
It probably was a good game but it was on too late at night for many to see. In history it gets drowned out by Catholics vs Convicts. It is kind of like the Miracle Olympic hockey team that beat the USSR. The last line of the article mentions that they had to play one more game to win the gold.

So you are saying Vegas is picking SC to win the PAC because the fans will bet money on that? What about their NC picks? Bama, OSU and Clemson are most people’s picks.

So you are saying Vegas is picking SC to win the PAC because the fans will bet money on that? What about their NC picks? Bama, OSU and Clemson are most people’s picks.
Quit while you're behind. The more you post the more ignorant you sound.

So, you think Vegas is wrong, but you relay on them to rate teams?

I am saying that Vegas analyzes betting patterns and understands SC is over bet.

So, you think Vegas is wrong, but you relay on them to rate teams?

I am saying that Vegas analyzes betting patterns and understands SC is over bet.
I am saying:

1. Vegas is picking SC to win the PAC
2. ND will beat SC
3. This could be the greatest season ND has ever had. Based off of SOS including playoffs.
4. ND will go 12-0 and win the Championship this season.

Quit while you're behind. The more you post the more ignorant you sound.
If you wanna post insults I will not engage with you.

If you simply want to debate football then let’s stick to that.

It probably was a good game but it was on too late at night for many to see. In history it gets drowned out by Catholics vs Convicts. It is kind of like the Miracle Olympic hockey team that beat the USSR. The last line of the article mentions that they had to play one more game to win the gold.
Miami was the much better game. But in the end WVU was who ND had to defeat to be the champion. I would say WVU was pretty even with USC but not as good as Michigan and Miami.

I am saying:

1. Vegas is picking SC to win the PAC
2. ND will beat SC
3. This could be the greatest season ND has ever had. Based off of SOS including playoffs.
4. ND will go 12-0 and win the Championship this season.
I understand and I agree with you for the most part. But part of your argument is using Vegas to show how good USC is, claiming that because of the odds they a favorite to win the Pac-12. However, most informed people who follow the Trojans do not think SC will win the Pac 12, or even play in the championship gamer.

Reactions: Zorich 88
I understand and I agree with you for the most part. But part of your argument is using Vegas to show how good USC is, claiming that because of the odds they a favorite to win the Pac-12. However, most informed people who follow the Trojans do not think SC will win the Pac 12, or even play in the championship gamer.
I dont think SC will be very good this year but I do expect them to have a good record. Your schedule is very weak.

I see between 8 and 10 wins depending on health. I see you probably playing in the pac title game because schedule and pac isn't very good.

I dont think SC will be very good this year but I do expect them to have a good record. Your schedule is very weak.

I see between 8 and 10 wins depending on health. I see you probably playing in the pac title game because schedule and pac isn't very good.
Agree with everything except SC playing in the Pac title game. Utah is a better team and in our division.

It's a universal truth that Las Vegas established odds and point spreads, and adjust those odds and point spreads, to make $$$$$$$$$$, not tell us who the actual favorites are.

Why bother arguing with a narrative.

It's a universal truth that Las Vegas established odds and point spreads, and adjust those odds and point spreads, to make $$$$$$$$$$, not tell us who the actual favorites are.

Why bother arguing with a narrative.
Yes. You said it better than I.

ADVERTISEMENT