ADVERTISEMENT

Not one 1 loss Big 10 team should pass ND

You seriously don't think Michigan will jump ND if ND loses and Michigan continues to win? If we have learned anything about rankings and polls, it is this...it is more devastating to lose later in the season than earlier.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
“Sure it does. All the time. I was able to pull two instances in this week's polls in about five minutes. There are probably more examples if you dig.”

You either can’t read or aren’t reading my entire posts. You’ve listed zero examples of what I’m taking about. Dig all you want.

“Sure it does. All the time. I was able to pull two instances in this week's polls in about five minutes. There are probably more examples if you dig.”

You either can’t read or aren’t reading my entire posts. You’ve listed zero examples of what I’m taking about. Dig all you want.

I listed examples of what I am talking about: A beats B early in the year. Later in the year, B & A have the same record. B is then ranked higher than A.

The above happens all the time. And if ND loses, it will probably happen again this year.

Reactions: 8th Man
You’re not listening to the argument. You’re just repeating the same stupid examples that have nothing to do w/ what were talking about. Kinda hard to argue when the person doesn’t acknowledge what the argument is about.

“And if ND loses, it will probably happen again this year.”

And if it does, it will be the 2nd time ND gets hosed that way. No other examples of that though.

My point stands. If you lose either to Syracuse or USC, you will drop down behind one loss teams. Including Michigan.

History is our guide.

“And if ND loses, it will probably happen again this year.”

And if it does, it will be the 2nd time ND gets hosed that way. No other examples of that though.

I am pretty sure other teams have choked late and fallen in the polls. West Virginia comes to mind.

When has history been the guide to what you describe other than in ‘93?

“I am pretty sure other teams have choked late and fallen in the polls.”

You should know, what’s it been 11 out of 12 your team “chokes late” to the Buckeyes?

When has history been the guide to what you describe other than in ‘93?
2001 and 2007 were years when the #2 team was simply the team who lost earliest. The recency bias was so strong that ESPN was loudly campaigning for a 2 loss Colorado team,who went on to lose their bowl game.

“Hiding behind the Buckeyes' skirt? A new low for ND.”

Just responding to your jab about “choking late”. You guys are well versed in that. You can plug in s Carolina bowl game last year if you want. ;)

This is another silly thread. So the OP believes that if everyone in the top 8 wins on Saturday and ND loses, the rankings will remain the same? Fair or not, Michigan will jump over ND if ND loses. 100% without a doubt.

Just responding to your jab about “choking late”. You guys are well versed in that. You can plug in s Carolina bowl game last year if you want. ;)
And then have Woody Hayes rise from the ground to punch a player on the opposing team out of frustration. Class Act.

Choking usually refers to a strong favorite losing a game. Unfortunately, of late we have not been large favorites over Ohio State most years.

South Carolina would count though. As would your getting blown out by Miami last year.

This is another silly thread. So the OP believes that if everyone in the top 8 wins on Saturday and ND loses, the rankings will remain the same? Fair or not, Michigan will jump over ND if ND loses. 100% without a doubt.

Correct. If ANY single team in the top 8 loses this weekend, they will drop. Bama would drop. Clemson would drop. ND would drop. And Michigan would drop. etc, etc.

Choking could also refer to when you’re up 19-3 or 19-0 in a bowl game and then u gag and lose to a lesser team.

Sorry, obsessed one, missed that part. You’re right, we gagged against the canes last year. I was there. That stadium that night was nothing like I’ve ever seen.

Actually Miami was undefeated and @home. It was they who gagged afterwards.

Love your posts, tbone, and u’re right that Miami choked it away after that, and really have been a bit of a dumpster fire since that night against us, but, in all fairness, we did choke. In the 4th qtr against Stanford too, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT