ADVERTISEMENT

No. 7 Notre Dame (-26) vs. South Florida

G_a_r_y

ND Expert
Jul 8, 2010
No. 7 Notre Dame (-26) vs. South Florida: Notre Dame only scored 27 points total in a win over Duke on Saturday. Now the Fighting Irish are expected to cover a 26-point spread? They will need some more help from their receiving corps if it's going to happen. But South Florida did not look particularly potent offensively in a 27-6 win over The Citadel in the first game of the Jeff Scott era.

# 140

Last edited:
No. 7 Notre Dame (-26) vs. South Florida: Notre Dame only scored 27 points total in a win over Duke on Saturday. Now the Fighting Irish are expected to cover a 26-point spread? They will need some more help from their receiving corps if it's going to happen. But South Florida did not look particularly potent offensively in a 27-6 win over The Citadel in the first game of the Jeff Scott era.

SFU is worse than Duke!

Reactions: TOMMY_23

Jump on ND here. Usf is trash. Rust is off for us. Nd big

Jump on ND here. Usf is trash. Rust is off for us. Nd big

You gonna take those odds? This would be a chance for you to put your money where your mouth is. You gotta risk some real money here, make it 10 grand, and then wait and see if Ian Book will come through for you.

Then you'll have a reason to really be pissed if he has another off day. That's a pretty big spread for ND to cover, especially at this juncture.

Reactions: Kelso86
You gonna take those odds? This would be a chance for you to put your money where your mouth is. You gotta risk some real money here, make it 10 grand, and then wait and see if Ian Book will come through for you.

Then you'll have a reason to really be pissed if he has another off day. That's a pretty big spread for ND to cover, especially at this juncture.
I dont gamble with that type of money. I'll drop 100 to 500 on that game and add in a few parlays this weekend as well

Id be surprised if we dont cover and I will be putting a small amount of money down on it

I dont gamble with that type of money. I'll drop 100 to 500 on that game and add in a few parlays this weekend as well

Id be surprised if we dont cover and I will be putting a small amount of money down on it

I don't gamble at all. One time I bet with a bookie and I made a 100 bucks and I was very proud of myself. It was college basketball.

That's a big spread I don't think we're going to cover, with or without Book playing great or not. And now I'm all psyched out that CW jr is going to shred our defense.

I got burned bad last week..... but over the last few years ND has done extremely well ATS as a large favorite, so I will try again this week. I am no football analyst but if Book was even halfway on target, I think ND covers big last week. I expect him to have it figured out come Saturday.

Is USF really that bad, I'm worried they have CW Jr as some phenom OC who's like the dude in a Beautiful Mind or something. Plus they have a Dabo Swinney acolyte as their new coach so maybe they're going to be all good. I also realize and account for how it's now common practice to lay it on extra thick at how much better we are than whoever it is, Duke, USF, whoever it might be, even if that's largely a set-up so we can bash BK if we don't win by 40 points.

In any case does anyone know anything of substance about USF, and not just robotically breezy dismissals about how much they suck? Because if we take into account how much we possibly suck, based on last week's lackluster win, ie Ian Book is a legitimately subpar QB blah blah blah....

There is one observation to make that could be a thing, and it's coronavirus related so brace yourself..... Since it's an all new staff, maybe they're hurting more than most programs when it comes to the lack of practice time and team cohesion and knowledge of the playbook and all that shit. Then again maybe Weis jr is such a genius he'll be able to offset it using his preternatural brilliance and acumen.

All's I'm saying is USF will probably have pretty good athletes, I'm not sure why it's going to be such a walk in the park. 4 TDs is a big spread in any case.

Is USF really that bad, I'm worried they have CW Jr as some phenom OC who's like the dude in a Beautiful Mind or something. Plus they have a Dabo Swinney acolyte as their new coach so maybe they're going to be all good. I also realize and account for how it's now common practice to lay it on extra thick at how much better we are than whoever it is, Duke, USF, whoever it might be, even if that's largely a set-up so we can bash BK if we don't win by 40 points.

In any case does anyone know anything of substance about USF, and not just robotically breezy dismissals about how much they suck? Because if we take into account how much we possibly suck, based on last week's lackluster win, ie Ian Book is a legitimately subpar QB blah blah blah....

There is one observation to make that could be a thing, and it's coronavirus related so brace yourself..... Since it's an all new staff, maybe they're hurting more than most programs when it comes to the lack of practice time and team cohesion and knowledge of the playbook and all that shit. Then again maybe Weis jr is such a genius he'll be able to offset it using his preternatural brilliance and acumen.

All's I'm saying is USF will probably have pretty good athletes, I'm not sure why it's going to be such a walk in the park. 4 TDs is a big spread in any case.
Because they stink. Simple

Didn't USF beat us back in 2011? And at our house to boot.

I'm not going to rest until ND is comfortably ahead. Don't trust Kelly in games like this.

I don't gamble at all. One time I bet with a bookie and I made a 100 bucks and I was very proud of myself. It was college basketball.

That's a big spread I don't think we're going to cover, with or without Book playing great or not. And now I'm all psyched out that CW jr is going to shred our defense.
I don't see a USF team shredding a Clark Lea defense.

I don't see a USF team shredding a Clark Lea defense.
Just curious. Did you work the Duke game? How was the atmosphere? How did the ushers manage to keep a social distance from all those students? It looked like the students made up most of the actual crowd.

I'm not going to rest until ND is comfortably ahead. Don't trust Kelly in games like this.

Notre Dame is second only to Alabama in beating weak teams. Brian Kelly is GREAT in beating the weak teams- and very good in beating the very good teams-just needs to and will beat the top teams.

***Tulsa was over ten years ago.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Notre Dame is second only to Alabama in beating weak teams. Brian Kelly is GREAT in beating the weak teams- and very good in beating the very good teams-just needs to and will beat the top teams.

***Tulsa was over ten years ago.

But South Florida was in 2011 ... 9 years ago.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
USF 2011 was a horrible loss:

Momentum from season ending wins over Southern Cal & Miami crashed.
First warning sign of BK's qb development.
Skip Holtz managed to beat Notre Dame AND disqualify himself as ever becoming our head coach. His offense was: snap it to BJ Daniels and have him casually stroll towards the LOS.

It comes down to how much worse USF is then Duke. Talent, coaching, etc.

The Citadel is usually a speed bump more than Duke.

We played South Florida? I don't remember that game.

Bodi, maybe I should emulate you and scrub all bad ND losses from my memory as soon as the game is over, but the 2011 game vs. USF was a strange one. As I recall the stands were evacuated and play was suspended during the middle of the game because there were lightning strikes in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. I don't know if that has ever happened before. The other bad memory I have of the game is that on our opening drive the Irish drove the length of the field only to fumble at the goal line and see USF return it for a touchdown the opposite way. It was an omen of things to come, as we lost the turnover battle badly in that game, leading to an upset loss.

Reactions: valianted25
Spread is dropping significantly by the way..... public seems to be on USF. Spread down to ND -23

Because they don't think we're going to cover the spread? I wouldn't either. And I'm Ian Book's most unconditional supporter.

I just hope we win at all. And I assume we will. But point spreads? Those are for gamblers and haters, both of whom will burn in hell. I mean, not really, but that's what it says in the bible.

I dont see ND putting that up after last week. Feels like a 33-13 game.

Get some rest.

Kelly changed the culture of the program. Fans should be enjoying this instead of hating.

35 and 6 in last 41 games. 20 straight at home.

Enjoy

Reactions: savvyandsassier
Because they don't think we're going to cover the spread? I wouldn't either. And I'm Ian Book's most unconditional supporter.

I just hope we win at all. And I assume we will. But point spreads? Those are for gamblers and haters, both of whom will burn in hell. I mean, not really, but that's what it says in the bible.
Lol good call.

Clueless

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Lol good call.

Clueless

So you're gonna hold me to it, are you? I just gave you a 'like' as well, as this is how you thank me. Obviously I was just making conversation, but you want to rub my nose in it or something.

This board is so toxic in a million different little ways. Nevertheless that game was not close. 2-0 with a bullet!

Don’t you support abortion?

So you're gonna hold me to it, are you? I just gave you a 'like' as well, as this is how you thank me. Obviously I was just making conversation, but you want to rub my nose in it or something.

This board is so toxic in a million different little ways. Nevertheless that game was not close. 2-0 with a bullet!
You've become a clown with some of your comments

Easy money !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT