ADVERTISEMENT

Nineteen, who’s left?

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
ND is now at 19 commitments, Im guessing they take 25 max. I gotta figure Anthony Lucas, C.J. Williams and Tobias Merriweather will commit at some point leaving three sports. Holding a spot for Zach Rice, who are the possible other names for the last couple spots? I would figure o-linemen? Defense is pretty much done unless Caden Curry suddenly changes his mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tru2Irish
ND is now at 19 commitments, Im guessing they take 25 max. I gotta figure Anthony Lucas, C.J. Williams and Tobias Merriweather will commit at some point leaving three sports. Holding a spot for Zach Rice, who are the possible other names for the last couple spots? I would figure o-linemen? Defense is pretty much done unless Caden Curry suddenly changes his mind.
The number isn't set in stone. We could go over 25 for the right guys.

Lucas is far from a lock.

Williams and Meriweather are the 2 most likely and that would be huge.

After that, its big game hunting on D. Nwankpa, Lucas, Moss, Hero. And then OL and maybe another wr or rb if we could flip one

With NIL and the transfer portal, do we increase the number in anticipation of more transfers than usual?

The number isn't set in stone. We could go over 25 for the right guys.

Lucas is far from a lock.

Williams and Meriweather are the 2 most likely and that would be huge.

After that, its big game hunting on D. Nwankpa, Lucas, Moss, Hero. And then OL and maybe another wr or rb if we could flip one
This is the correct answer

Reactions: Golson5
I would've thought OSU would've had him by now[Curry] IF THEY REALLY WANTED HIM.

Then ND would appear to be forcing the transfers.

We already over sign. I’m just asking if we go a little further. 12 players entered the portal this year alone. That not a historical average, but will probably only increase. NIL allowing kids to make money off of their likeness will in my opinion result in more kids being unwilling to sit the bench for two years…

We already over sign. I’m just asking if we go a little further. 12 players entered the portal this year alone. That not a historical average, but will probably only increase. NIL allowing kids to make money off of their likeness will in my opinion result in more kids being unwilling to sit the bench for two years…
It's going get ugly when the 'sponsors' or whatever stop the gravy train if the player doesn't produce on the field. A great lesson in free market capitalism, but an ugly way of learning.

It's going get ugly when the 'sponsors' or whatever stop the gravy train if the player doesn't produce on the field. A great lesson in free market capitalism, but an ugly way of learning.

I thought about that, wait till guys get benched and lose $$$$, it will be real interesting.

I’d assume most of this will be through contracts, but yeah. Wait and see how many sponsors start lining up for the Heisman front runners this year. They’re going to bank.

I thought about that, wait till guys get benched and lose $$$$, it will be real interesting.
My impression of the booster-cash was that the underperformers still got paid to keep them quiet, but no bonuses.

They better all be 5 star. The big dogs in recruiting have t even begun. We will get rolled in recruiting if we don’t slow down and only take elite players from here on out.

Reactions: scubastevefl
“We have about five choices in our life. We can be bad at what we do. We can be average at what we do. We can be good at what we do. We can be excellent at what we do. Or we can be elite at what we do.”

-Nick Saban

Not sure where Nick would rank our offensive recruiting and coaching.

We do this EVERY WEEK—it’s getting soooooo BORING.

However, I like posting my thoughts so 🦆 off.

nD will end up somewhere between 8-11 in the final rankings—if Rice commits I would say
6-9.

two players who end up in the class will be currently unknown 3 stars who the Board will agree are criminally underrated.

there will be at least one late addition who will flip from another school that is not among the elites.

ADVERTISEMENT