ADVERTISEMENT

Nightmare at Colorado

We can simply look at this how we choose....meaning what bar and what level....are you using to measure success?

CW has nothing to do with this....
but since you want to poke fun at the academies expense to say a coach did a poor job...
Brian Kelly got trucked by Navy once and lost a second one by a point. Still a loss.

All that said BK didn't win anything of note here.

Christ it took a weird Covid year playing an opponent without key cogs(TL and others) to finally beat a Top 5 team. You mean that year alone? No. Ever. Like ever in his career he has only one...and you could argue that should be an asterisk season win due to covid...just one top 5 victory in his career.

That's pretty remarkable.

Christ Gerry Faust had a better record against top ranked teams because he actually won one of them
You have a knack for moving the goalposts with just about every post. You wrote: “About the only positive BK did was dominate USC,” and now you’re saying “BK didn’t do anything of note.” He didn’t do anything positive?

I was a student sitting in the stands for the Georgia Tech game, the first of the season, in which we looked completely and utterly unprepared and got ran off the field in embarrassing fashion. Then, I sat there watching Air Force run us over at ND stadium, to drop us to 1-9. You can take that as a slight on the service academies, but the fact was was that a team with the players we had should not be getting manhandled buy a team like Air Force.

Charlie Weis did better the next few seasons, got a few good recruits, but the program was an absolute dire shape. Kelly took that same program, and made it competitive taking us to a national championship game, taking us to the college football playoffs, recruiting well enough that he left a top five type of team for Freeman to work with. Freemans recruiting might take us over the top and we are in much, much better shape now than 12-13 years ago.

Look at all the power programs over the past 12 or 13 years and see what’s happened to them and how much they have won. We did better than most of them despite having stricter Admissions policies, with our players taking classes with every day students like me.

You have a knack for moving the goalposts with just about every post. You wrote: “About the only positive BK did was dominate USC,” and now you’re saying “BK didn’t do anything of note.” He didn’t do anything positive?

I was a student sitting in the stands for the Georgia Tech game, the first of the season, in which we looked completely and utterly unprepared and got ran off the field in embarrassing fashion. Then, I sat there watching Air Force run us over at ND stadium, to drop us to 1-9. You can take that as a slight on the service academies, but the fact was was that a team with the players we had should not be getting manhandled buy a team like Air Force.

Charlie Weis did better the next few seasons, got a few good recruits, but the program was an absolute dire shape. Kelly took that same program, and made it competitive taking us to a national championship game, taking us to the college football playoffs, recruiting well enough that he left a top five type of team for Freeman to work with. Freemans recruiting might take us over the top and we are in much, much better shape now than 12-13 years ago.

Look at all the power programs over the past 12 or 13 years and see what’s happened to them and how much they have won. We did better than most of them despite having stricter Admissions policies, with our players taking classes with every day students like me.
Nobody moved any goalpost...funny how you love that trendy expression when your argument is pretty thin...

If you want to worship BK's tenure and build him a shrine over in average township ok but I reside in reality borough and here we look at things like achievements, winning top games against top teams and look forward to tough matchups on elite stages.

As far as your little goal post move thing...
Maybe this will help.

We play USC every year. It's our biggest rival.
BK did a good job having the upper hand in that rivalry even if USC was down a bit. (Certainly down conpared to Pete Carroll teams)

But....

In case you didn't know there is a post season. Now it's a playoff and invitation to play in that if you do good enough in the regular season.

His performances in those games were embarrassingly uninspiring. Not once competitive in those outings let alone a victory.

Isn't it bizarre that in the decade of the 2010's through 2021 where teams score a lot of points and upsets aren't uncommon that Brian Kelly has never once even been competitive in those games...forget a win. Just a chance to win.
Not even close. Ever.

You'd think one was trying to be that perfectly inept for it to happen every single time.

Sorry man but the goal posts are perfectly aligned. Brian Kelly got the upper hand on USC but in the games of note like a major post season affair he wasn't even close to victory.
Embarrassing every single time

Really? You got that vibe from him? All I saw was egocentric hustla. Same as always with that guy.
I mean... it wasn't a vibe, it was what it flat came out and said. And at his age, I bought it. But obviously he still is as we thought him to be. A hustla.

👍

Nobody moved any goalpost...funny how you love that trendy expression when your argument is pretty thin...

If you want to worship BK's tenure and build him a shrine over in average township ok but I reside in reality borough and here we look at things like achievements, winning top games against top teams and look forward to tough matchups on elite stages.

As far as your little goal post move thing...
Maybe this will help.

We play USC every year. It's our biggest rival.
BK did a good job having the upper hand in that rivalry even if USC was down a bit. (Certainly down conpared to Pete Carroll teams)

But....

In case you didn't know there is a post season. Now it's a playoff and invitation to play in that if you do good enough in the regular season.

His performances in those games were embarrassingly uninspiring. Not once competitive in those outings let alone a victory.

Isn't it bizarre that in the decade of the 2010's through 2021 where teams score a lot of points and upsets aren't uncommon that Brian Kelly has never once even been competitive in those games...forget a win. Just a chance to win.
Not even close. Ever.

You'd think one was trying to be that perfectly inept for it to happen every single time.

Sorry man but the goal posts are perfectly aligned. Brian Kelly got the upper hand on USC but in the games of note like a major post season affair he wasn't even close to victory.
Embarrassing every single time
Yours is a FALSE NARRATIVE !

Every team was beaten badly by the eventual National Champion, even Ohio State who lost by a bigger margin than ND.

Yours is a FALSE NARRATIVE !

Every team was beaten badly by the eventual National Champion, even Ohio State who lost by a bigger margin than ND.
What...

In....

Ttthhheeeee....

Ffffuuuuuuccckkkkk...

Are you talking about?

The discussion between ndrises and yours truly has to do with Brian Kelly and his inability to win anything of note*..
Note* being anything such as a major bowl and or playoff game.
He wasn't even competitive in any of them. Which ones? Any and every in his entire career have been embarrassing losses.

If you're going to go full weird psycho mode with the bold text then please follow along.

Reactions: mirer03
What...

In....

Ttthhheeeee....

Ffffuuuuuuccckkkkk...

Are you talking about?

The discussion between ndrises and yours truly has to do with Brian Kelly and his inability to win anything of note*..
Note* being anything such as a major bowl and or playoff game.
He wasn't even competitive in any of them. Which ones? Any and every in his entire career have been embarrassing losses.

If you're going to go full weird psycho mode with the bold text then please follow along.
Only one team wins the NC, all others fail !

Get over it !

Deion is the same guy that got his ass kicked by his wife. Please these guy’s will find out what -10 feels like every year and be out. Colorado is allot farther away from winning than uscoc was, they were at least winning a few games and are in a sunny NIL positive area. Go Irish

Beach, CFB is in the gutter. Prime time is going full throttle to bring a title to Colorado. Hired mercenaries, kids sitting out bowls, and nil cash. Btw Beach I hope Bush gets his heisman back.
So you want to reward cheating ?

WHY should Bush get the Heisman back ?

Reactions: Chitown11
The Athletic: What happens to Colorado’s unwanted commitments? It was a huge mess.

“It was hectic,” Mott said. “It was a huge mess. I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new (on-field) staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone. I was in a group chat with all the other commits and they were all I guess freaking out, too, because a lot of us had our options closed for months now being committed to Colorado. So we hadn’t reached out to any school. It was a whole big deal.”

“When Coach Dorrell was fired, (George) had said we were going to have our scholarship offers honored,” said Turner, who reportedly pushed away interest from Florida State because he was set on playing at Colorado. “I was surprised when I got the call. It was so late in the recruiting process. I wish I was told earlier.”
And the purpose of this post????

Does ND play the Buffalo’s?

Not sure why you are posting articles about teams that have nothing to do with ND.

Seems like it’s personal.

For every “bad” story about Sanders, I could post a good one.

But I get it.

Beach, CFB is in the gutter. Prime time is going full throttle to bring a title to Colorado. Hired mercenaries, kids sitting out bowls, and nil cash. Btw Beach I hope Bush gets his heisman back.
He's not doing that. He's going full throttle to put attention on his son as a starting QB. He's gone as soon as his kid leaves.

Sanders is a degenerate wife abusing scum bag. He will do something shady and get canned in due time. Will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Pennick4
So you want to reward cheating ?

WHY should Bush get the Heisman back ?
What Bush is accused of doing is child’s play in college athletics. You have kids getting bags of cash to play for a school. School work is an afterthought. You have men swimming with girls and winning. Reggie Bush has paid his due and then some.

Reactions: Golson5
He's not doing that. He's going full throttle to put attention on his son as a starting QB. He's gone as soon as his kid leaves.
Well I guess we’ll see what pans out. Btw have you ever bought any vino from Mirer’s vineyards?

Not knowing the details, I'm hesitant to comment, but if recruits feel they got screwed, we'll, welcome to CFB in 2023. Seems it's ok when recruits up an leave for NIL, but when the university cuts you lose, then whoa that's dirty. The whole environment has become a sewer, so it's a two way street. Something needs to be done to fix this, starting with Portal and NIL

Reactions: Chitown11 and BM16
What Bush is accused of doing is child’s play in college athletics. You have kids getting bags of cash to play for a school. School work is an afterthought. You have men swimming with girls and winning. Reggie Bush has paid his due and then some.
So, because others commit more egregious violations you think that Bush should be forgiven for his blatant cheating !

So you think that only the most egregious violations should be held accountable ?
And those who commit less than the most egregious violations should be unaccountable and go unpunished.

I guess you‘re in the “no bail and no prison” for those who commit crimes.

No men were swimming with girls when Bush was cheating !

If you can‘t do the time, don‘t do the crime !

Reactions: NDinNJ
In Denver…news segment said 63 players have transferred since Don arrived

That leaves small roster, lots of younger players, and big risk for injury. Not seeing how this works out for at least a few years

The Athletic: What happens to Colorado’s unwanted commitments? It was a huge mess.

“It was hectic,” Mott said. “It was a huge mess. I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new (on-field) staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone. I was in a group chat with all the other commits and they were all I guess freaking out, too, because a lot of us had our options closed for months now being committed to Colorado. So we hadn’t reached out to any school. It was a whole big deal.”

“When Coach Dorrell was fired, (George) had said we were going to have our scholarship offers honored,” said Turner, who reportedly pushed away interest from Florida State because he was set on playing at Colorado. “I was surprised when I got the call. It was so late in the recruiting process. I wish I was told earlier.”
Seriously? Riley changed out the USC roster pretty quickly as well. I'm sure he pulled some of the same crap as Deion. Look in the mirror.

Seriously? Riley changed out the USC roster pretty quickly as well. I'm sure he pulled some of the same crap as Deion. Look in the mirror.
SC guy getting nervous. Suddenly has a conscience. ****in clown! Beach cardinal lmfao.

Reactions: NDinNJ
And if 12 plays like he did today all year. Guess who’s winning the Heisman. And I’m no CU fan. Deion is a scumbag. But this Beach guy calling him out for taking transfers. 😂🤦‍♂️

Reactions: BGI User 756
The horned frogs defense was bad last year, but they had mad max leading the offense. CU looked good on offense, overall, a definite improvement.Hunter can play as well as both of Dion’s kids, but I believe they play Oregon and USC in the up coming weeks. We will see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT