ADVERTISEMENT

Night Games

Irishjohn68

All Star
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2003
Ohio State, Stanford, Clemson and the Shamrock Series game are all prime time games. I would imagine the USC game will also be a prime time game.

Anyone going to Columbus Ohio for the game good luck. The trailer park fans will have all day to get liquored up is always a good idea.

I have attended many ND away games over the years. The 1995 game in Colunbus was by far the worst game environment I have ever experienced. The OSU fans were just awful, trying to pick fights and getting in your face. I was actually concerned for my own safety. I will never go to a game at Ohio St. again.

Not surprising. I experienced similar at a Michigan State game. The lower tier academic institutions have the worst fans. No surprise.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Not surprising. I experienced similar at a Michigan State game. The lower tier academic institutions have the worst fans. No surprise.
Calling Bullsh!t. Most Sparty fans have Notre Dame fans in their family & friends network. I had a bunch of friends that went to State never expierenced a negative incident at a tailgate or game. This sounds more like a you problem.

Calling Bullsh!t. Most Sparty fans have Notre Dame fans in their family & friends network. I had a bunch of friends that went to State never expierenced a negative incident at a tailgate or game. This sounds more like a you problem.
LOL. You're a joke. The school that rioted after big wins. The biggest party school in the state of Michigan. My 65 year old father was spit on by an MSU fan for wearing an ND sweatshirt. You probably fit in well in the end zone seats. Enjoy.

Really an ignorant post. No wonder you have problems. I have sat in the end zones lots of times. Not too proud proud to do so.
I have as well. But a nasty attack warrants a nasty response. You had a bad experience at Ohio State. I had a bad one at MSU in the end zone. You make a statement about one fan base. I make a statement about another. You get no response. I get a bunch of MSU homers calling me out defending their great fan base mostly because they're angry at me for disagreeing with them in different threads. Not sure why one fan can have a bad experience and another cannot. That seems pretty "ignorant" to me. And lets be honest, we all know the drunk f bombing the players and coaches or opposing teams guy is far more likely to be in the end zone than on the 50 (at least in ND's stadium that's the case). If you don't know that, perhaps you've never had good seats. Offended? Don't care!

Last edited:
I have as well. But a nasty attack warrants a nasty response. You had a bad experience at Ohio State. I had a bad one at MSU in the end zone. You make a statement about one fan base. I make a statement about another. You get no response. I get a bunch of MSU homers calling me out defending their great fan base mostly because they're angry at me for disagreeing with them in different threads (some groups don't like being disagreed with, we all know that particular political cohort hates free speech so it's no surprise). Not sure why one fan can have a bad experience and another cannot. That seems pretty "ignorant" to me. And lets be honest, we all know the drunk f bombing the players and coaches or opposing teams guy is far more likely to be in the end zone than on the 50 (at least in ND's stadium that's the case). If you don't know that, perhaps you've never had good seats. Offended? Don't care!

Funny. You, the guy who looks down on end zone seats, is the only person on this thread who has ever had a problem at Michigan St. I wonder why that could be? Maybe you are just a prima donna.

Funny. You, the guy who looks down on end zone seats, is the only person on this thread who has ever had a problem at Michigan St. I wonder why that could be? Maybe you are just a prima donna.
Sounds like maybe your problem with Ohio State is just that Buckeye fans are far far worse than everywhere else. Right.

I'm sure nobody has issues with MSU fans. They are really the pinnacle of integrity, sportsmanship, and scholarship. Their fans and student body is premier. I am simply a loan elitist.

LOL. You're a joke. The school that rioted after big wins. The biggest party school in the state of Michigan. My 65 year old father was spit on by an MSU fan for wearing an ND sweatshirt. You probably fit in well in the end zone seats. Enjoy.
Been to enough MSU vs ND games in East Lansing to get a sense of the mood of the fanbases. Most tailgates are a mixture of ND fans & Sparty fans. It's a pretty friendly rivalry. When large groups are drinking there are always a few aholes that cant handle their liquor & act like idiots no matter the team or sport. Ive never seen MSU fans trying to fight ND fans for minding their own business. Again this sounds like a you problem.

Been to enough MSU vs ND games in East Lansing to get a sense of the mood of the fanbases. Most tailgates are a mixture of ND fans & Sparty fans. It's a pretty friendly rivalry. When large groups are drinking there are always a few aholes that cant handle their liquor & act like idiots no matter the team or sport. Ive never seen MSU fans trying to fight ND fans for minding their own business. Again this sounds like a you problem.
Nope. Not my problem. My elderly father who wouldn't hurt a mouse and doesn't really drink.

Dude, can you stop lying so much? Jesus Louiseus! But I'll take it easy on you, maybe might I trouble you to stop or scale back embellishing your various off-the-cuff untrue anecdotes quite so liberally? I guess you are kind of funny in that way, I should probably stop letting it bother me. It is kind of humorous, and mildly enjoyable to chuckle at, even if it's pure fiction, the thought of, or the quick visualization of your fully 65-year-old father, actually getting spit on by raucous MSU fans...

You got a good imagination. You should write short stories or something. I'm not kidding. You're wasting your gifts on this message board. And on account of your sicko BK bashing, I'm never going to forgive you, or anything but loathe you. But why not figure out way to turn your voluble fantasy world shit to your advantage? You're not doing any favors to anyone here.....

I have attended many ND away games over the years. The 1995 game in Colunbus was by far the worst game environment I have ever experienced. The OSU fans were just awful, trying to pick fights and getting in your face. I was actually concerned for my own safety. I will never go to a game at Ohio St. again.
They actually urinated on some ND fans that day

Haven't you heard??? ND fans are "trash" per one of our own board members. LOL
Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm guessing most ND fans, including your typical no-good BK haters, are reasonably gracious and well-behaved when out in public... which is a fine, fine thing, it must be said. To behave like a normal, civil, reasonably decent person when attending a CFB game....

So that's good, and you got that going for you!

I was at the game also and I agree 1,000%. That was the worse game day experience I have ever seen.

And Michigan. F*** Michigan.
Michigan fans are no where near as bad as Ohio State fans. I mean UM fans do have the share of assholes, but every OSU fan I know are. Never had zip lock bags of pee, or glass bottles of beer thrown at you or car after car vandalized because they have a ND sticker on them, happens in Columbus Ohio.

Michigan fans are no where near as bad as Ohio State fans. I mean UM fans do have the share of assholes, but every OSU fan I know are. Never had zip lock bags of pee, or glass bottles of beer thrown at you or car after car vandalized because they have a ND sticker on them, happens in Columbus Ohio.

I would agree with this. I have seen ND play at Michigan a number of times. Their fans never bothered me at all.

I would agree with this. I have seen ND play at Michigan a number of times. Their fans never bothered me at all.
I have never had any problems with UM fans. Now I have only been to Ann Arbor once for a ND game and I would go again. But I’ll never go to Columbus Ohio again. I feared for my safety.

I’m from Michigan. I have too many Michigan fan friends to count. Some are grads. They’re not nearly as bad as the MSU fans that I know (I do know one UofM fan that is a degenerate Walmart wolverine, but otherwise fine). The Big House was fun and chippy. I can handle that. However, the MSU alums are not the issue. They’re the likely decent fans. But there’s no doubt MSU kids are less quality than UofM kids. They have a fringe and it’s not as small as academic schools (yes, ND has that too). I did leave the end zone at an MD game once because I took my son and the guys in front of us were calling our QB derogatory names and when another fan told him to chill, he threatened him with f bombs. My uncle is an usher and we actually moved and got to sit in the actual chairs that surround the outer ring. So no, ND isn’t perfect, but their students are not an issue. It’s the South Benders that come in for games that cause the minimal problems on campus. The vast majority of MSU students and fans are good folks. But they have a lot of cretins from the random backwoods parts of the state or inner city that show up on game day and mix with that fringe to drink half gallons, burn cars, start fights with elderly people, and make the vast majority look bad. Half my family and friend group is MSU grads. They’re all great. I know the fan base very very very well. I have credentials to speak on it. My wife is an ND grad. I’ve been to 3 dozen ND games. Only one at MSU. I’ll never go back. ND fans are very good vs most other places so I have a low tolerance for jerks. My experience at MSU may have been bad luck, but I was a 15 year old back then. I shouldn’t have had to see my old man get spit on by a drunk college kid. Yes, spit on and called a derogatory hate slur for being an ND fan. Being 15, it stays with you a little longer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT