ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Ratings Sunday Sept 24

mrwigglesby21

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 31, 2005
USA
http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskin...r-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/

"In metered market numbers, the primetime match-up between the 27-10 winning Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders snared an 11.6/20.

The worst SNF has performed this season so far, that’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s Atlanta Falcon’s 34-23 win over the Green Bay Packers. Gaining cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of SNF for the 2017-2018 season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016."

The NFL is not going anywhere. The thing about Americans, we have short attention spans. This will all be blown over once it runs its course on social media and treams start really competing for wins that matter.

A small blip. The NFL will be just fine. For every person turning their tv set off in protest of what the players are doing, there will be those who wouldn't normally tune in, who do, in order to see what all the hoopla is about... That is especially true of people in places like England and Canada, where the audience for the game is growing and don't have any personal connection to the issue at hand.

The decline in viewership over the years has had more to do with young people getting rid of their cable and going with cheaper options like Netflix and simply streaming games (legally, or not) online. I personally know a number of people who got into this category.

Last edited:
http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskin...r-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/

"In metered market numbers, the primetime match-up between the 27-10 winning Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders snared an 11.6/20.

The worst SNF has performed this season so far, that’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s Atlanta Falcon’s 34-23 win over the Green Bay Packers. Gaining cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of SNF for the 2017-2018 season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016."

It could have a lot to do with the fact that the Redskins smoked Raiders and the game was over before halftime. Most fans turn off blowouts unless they follow one the teams in the game.

It could have a lot to do with the fact that the Redskins smoked Raiders and the game was over before halftime. Most fans turn off blowouts unless they follow one the teams in the game.
the ratings dips began last year with Kaepernick and the way the league responded. They blamed it on "high election interest" however here we are no election and ratings are down even further from last year.

The decline in viewership over the years has had more to do with young people getting rid of their capable and going with cheaper options like Netflix and simply streaming games (legally, or not) online. I personally know a number of people who got into this category.

It's amazing how Fox News and POTUS want to act like they're the reason for low viewership. I work in IT and I can't tell you how many people I configure Android, FireTV type devices so people stop paying for cable.

Reactions: binhamin
It's amazing how Fox News and POTUS want to act like they're the reason for low viewership. I work in IT and I can't tell you how many people I configure Android, FireTV type devices so people stop paying for cable.
Ratings are down for many reasons not just that people are watching on other devices.
The NFL viewership is on the decline and the kneeling is going to increase it because the majority of fans feel it is disrespectful.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Ratings are down for many reasons not just that people are watching on other devices.
The NFL viewership is on the decline and the kneeling is going to increase it because the majority of fans feel it is disrespectful.

None of these rich millionaires care about anyone but themselves. Let that league go down like the savages that play roundball.

Not at all surprising. I know lots of people who watch games that way.

Also, It's not surprising that Trump want a to take credit for that. This is the guy who spent the first week after his inauguration weirdly battling with the media about whether or not he had more people in attendance than Obama did. If I remember correctly, wasn't he accusing people of photo shopping pictures and distorting evidence? He's a strange guy.

I was gonna comment at some length but realized I really don't care--about protesters or what they are protesting or how they go about it. Just don't care. Watch ND and a variety of college games. I watch the Bears and no other NFL games. Don't know much about NFL coaches, teams, players,etc. If the Bears pull a Steelers stunt , I will be completely pro football free. I love IIO posts but I disagree with him. NFL is a soiled product for many reasons. Football, with the injury potential is heading south in the US.

ADVERTISEMENT