ADVERTISEMENT

New 2022 RB offer - Major Everhart

Bumpdaddy

ND Expert
Oct 20, 2014
After striking out with their top 3 2020 RB targets, I suspected the staff would reevaluate the talent pool and send out new offers at some point and they have begun doing that with an offer just a little bit ago to Major Everhart, a 3-star back out of Texas. He looks pretty good starting with this highlight:

That's him running the 100M and if you look at the scoreboard the unofficial time is 10.44. That's blazing fast.

His highlights look really good. He would be a great addition. The only drawback... He's a bit small. 5-11, 175lb.

I don't know how hard the staff will push for him or how soon they want to lock up a commitment. I'm hoping they put out a couple more offers and then wait for the HS season to start to see who might emerge in their final year before making a final push for 1 more RB. I'm OK if Everhart is the guy they want to focus on though. That type of speed is hard to find. Gives us more to think about for this recruiting cycle.

Reactions: mbd11
I saw a list of his 100 meter times. He has a number below 10.4.. How are his receiving skills?.

I may in the minority here. I always felt that if there is one position that has talent all over the country, it’s the running back position. There are plenty of really good backs out there. Not all great backs are 4 or 5 stars. If you have very good offensive line, then even your average back can look very good. Don’t get me wrong. I would love a stud “ can’t miss ” running back. All I am saying is, it is not the end of the world If they don’t get that. There are other great backs out there. They will get their guy.

Reactions: Original_Irish
I may in the minority here. I always felt that if there is one position that has talent all over the country, it’s the running back position. There are plenty of really good backs out there. Not all great backs are 4 or 5 stars. If you have very good offensive line, then even your average back can look very good. Don’t get me wrong. I would love a stud “ can’t miss ” running back. All I am saying is, it is not the end of the world If they don’t get that. There are other great backs out there. They will get their guy.
Agree…. We have a four star rb in our 2022 class that I don’t think is very good

There’s a reason Nd wanted singleton so bad …. You know me, hope I’m wrong, but I see average rb
They wanted Singleton so bad because Singleton is awesome.

Had nothing to do with their feelings of Price. If they didnt really like him, they wouldnt have taken him early and first.

Just because you see it that way doesnt make it so

They wanted Singleton so bad because Singleton is awesome.

Had nothing to do with their feelings of Price. If they didnt really like him, they wouldnt have taken him early and first.

Just because you see it that way doesnt make it so
It definitely doesn’t…. But happy for someone to show me some clip that shows something that 100 other HS rbs don’t have

It definitely doesn’t…. But happy for someone to show me some clip that shows something that 100 other HS rbs don’t have
I’m of the opinion that Price will prove to be a very good RB in college, fully worthy of his four star status and national ranking. Combined with this year’s freshman running backs, Diggs and Estime, I think we‘re in very good shape. One of these guys may prove to be elite, or all three may prove to be very good. Or maybe one’s a bust. The validation of our different opinions will take place on the football field over the next two to three years, not from high school film.

I’m of the opinion that Price will prove to be a very good RB in college, fully worthy of his four star status and national ranking. Combined with this year’s freshman running backs, Diggs and Estime, I think we‘re in very good shape. One of these guys may prove to be elite, or all three may prove to be very good. Or maybe one’s a bust. The validation of our different opinions will take place on the football field over the next two to three years, not from high school film.
How about this, what do you see in his video that shows you high potential. I see potential eith estime for sure, diggs possibly, just don’t see anything with price. Not guaranteeing estime will be a stud, but I just am completely baffled by a few recruits we sign every year, maybe one has panned out. That would be Tony Jones, and honestly he had an ok sr year but I think he was disappointing at the position. The difference between Kyren and tony is enormous.

OSU offered him. So did Texas. As did Auburn....USC....schools which are usually also good RB schools, would you agree?

OSU offered him. So did Texas. As did Auburn....USC....schools which are usually also good RB schools, would you agree?
He didn’t have commitable offer to osu, not sure abouts others

If Nasty doesn't like him, he will be very good.😂

Did Tony Alford tell you about his offer? Show some proof if you are going to say it wasn't a commitable offer.
No, Ryan day did

Based on your take, show me the actual letter that he had an offer from Ohio state.

No, Ryan day did

Based on your take, show me the actual letter that he had an offer from Ohio state.

I figured you had no proof. It's easy to just say things without proof. Also, love the deflection since I wasn't the one making the original claim.

How about this, what do you see in his video that shows you high potential. I see potential eith estime for sure, diggs possibly, just don’t see anything with price. Not guaranteeing estime will be a stud, but I just am completely baffled by a few recruits we sign every year, maybe one has panned out. That would be Tony Jones, and honestly he had an ok sr year but I think he was disappointing at the position. The difference between Kyren and tony is enormous.
From what we hear from coaches is that this kid runs with superior power, excels between the tackles, shows patience, and the ability to accelerate quickly. He is apparently an excellent blocker which is unique among high school stars. He’s fast but lacks superior top end speed. I don’t typically make player comparison, but his size and skills remind me a great deal of Folston before he got hurt. Not elite, but a damn good back, and I think Price will be better.

From what we hear from coaches is that this kid runs with superior power, excels between the tackles, shows patience, and the ability to accelerate quickly. He is apparently an excellent blocker which is unique among high school stars. He’s fast but lacks superior top end speed. I don’t typically make player comparison, but his size and skills remind me a great deal of Folston before he got hurt. Not elite, but a damn good back, and I think Price will be better.
Hope so. I think our offense is best when we have someone dynamic back there that can run and catch, but you need some hammers.

What kyren meant to our offense last year was huge, and we actually struggled to through a HB screen, some huge plays were left on the field.

Hope so. I think our offense is best when we have someone dynamic back there that can run and catch, but you need some hammers.

What kyren meant to our offense last year was huge, and we actually struggled to through a HB screen, some huge plays were left on the field.
Agree Nasty. At least we had “some” success with screens. I know a lot of variables goes into a successful screen play, but we’ve been pathetic in completing these for several years. Our linemen don’t sell it, our QB has poor timing or misses badly, our receiver has dropped the pass or been in the wrong position, etc…. Just really frustrating when you consider what we have in Tyree and Kyree and Mayer!

After striking out with their top 3 2020 RB targets, I suspected the staff would reevaluate the talent pool and send out new offers at some point and they have begun doing that with an offer just a little bit ago to Major Everhart, a 3-star back out of Texas. He looks pretty good starting with this highlight:

That's him running the 100M and if you look at the scoreboard the unofficial time is 10.44. That's blazing fast.

His highlights look really good. He would be a great addition. The only drawback... He's a bit small. 5-11, 175lb.

I don't know how hard the staff will push for him or how soon they want to lock up a commitment. I'm hoping they put out a couple more offers and then wait for the HS season to start to see who might emerge in their final year before making a final push for 1 more RB. I'm OK if Everhart is the guy they want to focus on though. That type of speed is hard to find. Gives us more to think about for this recruiting cycle.

Any relation to Major Ogilvie? I jest.

ADVERTISEMENT