ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Cal

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
Notre Dame is favored by 12.5 points.

8 points less than Marshall

I don't gamble, I don't believe in it....

But shit I'd be tempted to take Cal and 12.5 points, is that for real?

And I absolutely would have taken Marshall plus 20. That's like a no-brainer. I mean it was screamingly obvious after our first game that our offense was shitty. And assuming that we beat Marshall, which I assumed we would, it's a really decent bet to figure that we don't do it by three TDs.....

Who you laying money on?
I’m not touching that game, but I actually like ND and I like them by more than a few points, so I may take the plunge

Marshall is 18 over Bowling Green.
it will be interesting to see if they cover

And I absolutely would have taken Marshall plus 20. That's like a no-brainer. I mean it was screamingly obvious after our first game that our offense was shitty. And assuming that we beat Marshall, which I assumed we would, it's a really decent bet to figure that we don't do it by three TDs.....
Baloney, if anything 20 looked good after OSU, especially if you factor in the failed 3rd and 11 defensive lapse in play calling

Baloney, if anything 20 looked good after OSU, especially if you factor in the failed 3rd and 11 defensive lapse in play calling
Can you just go away, please? All you're doing is being blatantly disagreeable.

I guess I forgot who I'm dealing with, because you're that oddball with the whole Tom Brady's dad shit. I'll put you on ignore....

ND has a total of 31 points in 2 games. How in the world are they favored ? Plus I think Buchner is out. I’ve read some things. Nothing official. So if he is out , what then ? He’s your starter at QB and he isn’t too good. That leaves Pyne or Angeli the freshman. Is the spread based on Buchner playing? Can’t wait to see what the spread will be if he’s out

Anyone can say this crap after the fact.

Reactions: sluggo69
The way our offense is playing, it'll be another low-scoring game and could go either way.

Reactions: Airzee23

I guess I forgot who I'm dealing with, because you're that oddball with the whole Tom Brady's dad shit. I'll put you on ignore....
Interesting that you mention Tom’s dad, he hosted me at his golf course and then I took him to dinner last Wednesday. Great guy!

The fact is that you’re a fraud.
Vegas set the line at 20.5 and you, in your infinite wisdom knew that Marshall would cover and win. Now you know more than the Vegas odds makers !

Tell us your secret.
You must make millions betting on football

WOW, nothing like 20-20 hindsight.

So tell us the score of the Cal game.

Oh wait, I mean prior to kick off, not after the game.

ND has a total of 31 points in 2 games. How in the world are they favored ? Plus I think Buchner is out. I’ve read some things. Nothing official. So if he is out , what then ? He’s your starter at QB and he isn’t too good. That leaves Pyne or Angeli the freshman. Is the spread based on Buchner playing? Can’t wait to see what the spread will be if he’s out
The spread is the spread without any explanation, foot notes or caveats

You’re the worst person to ever be allowed on this board.

Vegas just lowered the point spread by 3 points, from 12.5 to 9.5

Which means that Vegas thinks that Buchner was ND’s best QB

The line just moved up to 10, which means that ND money is coming in

Which means that Vegas thinks that Buchner was ND’s best QB
Interesting. If I were Vegas, I would have raised it.

My sense is that, AT BEST, Buchner was as much a LIABILITY as an ASSET. The only TD pass he threw was for the OPPOSITION.

I don't think he's a FINISHED PRODUCT by any means, and having to rely on a QB as your go-to RB seems nonsensical unless you're running the option or the wishbone.

I actually think ND will do better with a more ORTHODOX approach under Pyne. Something closer to what Book ran. Buchner was simply either not making the throws or failing to spot receivers. I'm expecting Pyne to do a better job SEEING THE FIELD, even though he's short. To me, he has BETTER FEEL.

In fact, I'm not at all sorry that Buchner is gone. To me, he was like installing a second ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE product when you already have one in place. It screws up your system.

With Buchner at the controls, ND's offense struck me as totally HIT OR MISS.

And if Pyne can't do it, bring on Angeli.

It's DO OR DIE.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Interesting. If I were Vegas, I would have raised it.

My sense is that, AT BEST, Buchner was as much a LIABILITY as an ASSET. The only TD pass he threw was for the OPPOSITION.

I don't think he's a FINISHED PRODUCT by any means, and having to rely on a QB as your go-to RB seems nonsensical unless you're running the option or the wishbone.

I actually think ND will do better with a more ORTHODOX approach under Pyne. Something closer to what Book ran. Buchner was simply either not making the throws or failing to spot receivers. I'm expecting Pyne to do a better job SEEING THE FIELD, even though he's short. To me, he has BETTER FEEL.

In fact, I'm not at all sorry that Buchner is gone. To me, he was like installing a second ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE product when you already have one in place. It screws up your system.

With Buchner at the controls, ND's offense struck me as totally HIT OR MISS.

And if Pyne can't do it, bring on Angeli.

It's DO OR DIE.
This comment shows how little you actually know about football.

Notre Dame now up to 11.0.

More ND money coming in.
What worries me is I believe ND is going to beat Cal handily, and Pyne will have success. Cal is a very bad team, Marshall would crush them. This will give everyone a false sense of hope in Pyne. If Pyne was good he would have beat out Buchner. That or Rees can't evaluate talent or it's a combination of both.

What worries me is I believe ND is going to beat Cal handily, and Pyne will have success. Cal is a very bad team, Marshall would crush them. This will give everyone a false sense of hope in Pyne. If Pyne was good he would have beat out Buchner. That or Rees can't evaluate talent or it's a combination of both.
You are completely right about Cal. It will be an easy, dominant win. Sadly those wins do not tell you much.

You are calling out someone for being blatantly disagreeable? Good Lord, that is rich. You must have skipped writing class the day they were teaching irony.

Reactions: IrishBeer
You are completely right about Cal. It will be an easy, dominant win. Sadly those wins do not tell you much.
No. Cal is better than Marshall defensively. Top 25 defense. They are going to eat Pyne alive. It doesn't matter how well our defense plays. Our offense is totally inept. It'll be low scoring until the second half and then the defense will get tired and Cal will score late to win. That ND team vs Marshall is one of the worse I have ever witnessed in my 40 years. That isn't fixable with 5 practices. Regression and then rebuilding takes years. What is happening is the collapse of a regime. It's like USC with Helton. Texas with Strong. UofM with Hoke.

Reactions: SubwaydomerDFW
You are calling out someone for being blatantly disagreeable? Good Lord, that is rich. You must have skipped writing class the day they were teaching irony.
My dad told me about ND fans like you. If it makes you feel any better, and more self-righteous, and I would imagine you're always up for feeling even a little more self-righteous than however you already do about ND.... when my dad was a student there he said made money betting against ND, with haughty alums like you. And they just couldn't resist....

So how does that grab you? Sound about right? At least for a lifelong ND football like myself, now you can understand where some of my irreverence might come from. That's not really accurate to say, with regard to any propensity for irreverence on my part. But he did tell me that, about his years at ND. And I will say, someone like yourself absolutely fits the profile of what I would visualize in my mind's eye....

I would offer to take Cal plus the points, and give you the opportunity to play the part, as it were, and put down a wager with an 2nd generation insolent interloper like myself. But I don't gamble, I think it's morally wrong, more or less, so no can do. But you should still feel flattered that ND is somehow favored in this game by ten points!

Cal is the third easiest opponent on the remaining schedule. Pretty much a must win if ND wants to get to 8-5.

An easy, dominant win? With what team? Really. Pyne is no more tested over the course of a full game than Buchner was. He has been situationally effective, as a surprise. That won't happen any more. ND's chances to beat the lowest common denominator on the schedule...whoever that is....rests with Angeli, imo. ND players aren't holding themselves or each other accountable...and that is obvious.

My dad told me about ND fans like you. If it makes you feel any better, and more self-righteous, and I would imagine you're always up for feeling even a little more self-righteous than however you already do about ND.... when my dad was a student there he said made money betting against ND, with haughty alums like you. And they just couldn't resist....

So how does that grab you? Sound about right? At least for a lifelong ND football like myself, now you can understand where some of my irreverence might come from. That's not really accurate to say, with regard to any propensity for irreverence on my part. But he did tell me that, about his years at ND. And I will say, someone like yourself absolutely fits the profile of what I would visualize in my mind's eye....

I would offer to take Cal plus the points, and give you the opportunity to play the part, as it were, and put down a wager with an 2nd generation insolent interloper like myself. But I don't gamble, I think it's morally wrong, more or less, so no can do. But you should still feel flattered that ND is somehow favored in this game by ten points!

That your dad apparently enjoyed making money betting against his alma mater tells me a lot about him and explains a lot about you. Good for the both of you. You are just too clever.

No. Cal is better than Marshall defensively. Top 25 defense. They are going to eat Pyne alive. It doesn't matter how well our defense plays. Our offense is totally inept. It'll be low scoring until the second half and then the defense will get tired and Cal will score late to win. That ND team vs Marshall is one of the worse I have ever witnessed in my 40 years. That isn't fixable with 5 practices. Regression and then rebuilding takes years. What is happening is the collapse of a regime. It's like USC with Helton. Texas with Strong. UofM with Hoke.
I agree. I do think we’ll see less breakdowns against Cal.. can only hope though.

The depressing thing about your statement is those programs have had championships recently-ish.

ND’s glory years since 1993 has been beating up on a weak reg season schedule to get dominated in bowl games

Reactions: ohio1980
ADVERTISEMENT