ADVERTISEMENT

ND v. cuse predictions

Fifthhorseman25

Posts Like A Champion
Sep 2, 2003
ND needs to cut down the number of plays that the orange normally run. How to do that ball control. Get DW and JA going early and control the clock. I think the defense needs to force one turnover (2 would be nice) that leads to a TD.

ND-38
cuse-24

Notre Dame 38-21

Syracuse lacks the defense to slow Notre Dame down. Should be a big day for Dexter and Ian.

ND by 14. Total wise will all mostly depend on Syracuse. Are they going to load the box to stop the run or play more traditional base d and ND will counter with running the ball down their throat.

I have a gut feeling we are in for a BIG12 type of football game tomorrow. I hate that type of football but see the final being something like 38-35 with a FG winning it late for ND!!!

Do you guys really think this defense is going to give up 30+? I don't.

Do you guys really think this defense is going to give up 30+? I don't.

I would like to think they won't -- and I have to say I haven't seen much of Syracuse -- but they are averaging well over 40 a game, so I think if ND doesn't hog the ball, there's a chance Syracuse could score four or five TDs.

Last edited:
Aaron Taylor just said on national TV that our shamrock unies are terrible. If the Irish lose this game, they will be ridiculed for the loss in combo with the clownish uniforms.

This game for me is hard to call. Really, at least for ND, it matters how healthy Ian Book really is. Can he go the entire game? Will his injury affect his performance? We don’t know either answer. This I do believe. ND needs to control the line of scrimmage and establish the run. Do that, don’t turn the ball over and I like their chances.

ND 45. Syracuse 20.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Aaron Taylor just said on national TV that our shamrock unies are terrible. If the Irish lose this game, they will be ridiculed for the loss in combo with the clownish uniforms.

I will probably blame the uniforms if the Irish lose this game. I’m not happy with the look.

Syracuse 31
Notre Dame 28

Syracuse Quick D line along w stunts r able to put pressure on Book. Dungey experience as a playmaker in both the run and pass allow the Orange to score. The Orange special teams also out play ND special teams.

Sad to say that the Irish lose a close one in a home game for the Orange.

Hope I'm wrong - just don't like the fact that the Orange seem to peaking at a good time.

Our d-line gets pressure on dungey consistently and we pick him off twice. Dexter breaks a couple long runs & ND wins 34-24.

Syracuse 31
Notre Dame 28

Syracuse Quick D line along w stunts r able to put pressure on Book. Dungey experience as a playmaker in both the run and pass allow the Orange to score. The Orange special teams also out play ND special teams.

Hope I'm wrong - just don't like the fact that the Orange seem to peaking at a good time.

I can see that....and before everyone jumps down our throats, go back and check out some of the predictions from other posters over the season.

First, I think the game will be solidly pro-Irish. I'm actually going; haven't been to a game in a decade and I got my tix from a fellow ND fan who can't make it. There are lots and lots and lots of ND alumni in NYC, on Long Island, in New Jersey, and Connecticut.

But I think ND knows what is at stake here. They've seen chances slip away in prior years. I think they will control the clock enough to limit Syracuse's chances and hold on for their own 31-28 win.

Syracuse 31
Notre Dame 28

Syracuse has been peaking against who? A 51-41 win over an average nc state team that just lost to wake forest? Syracuse has a tough qb and some athletes on offense and some athletic smalle dlinemen. There is huge talent gaps between nd and Syracuse at positions.

This is the type of game where their offensive pace will actually hurt them vs ND just like it hurt wake vs ND. ND actually has a secondary and will be able to slow down the run without loading the box. Syracuse will make plays but it won’t be easy. How they stop ND i don’t know. Book hasn’t had a good first half in a long time, that’s what I’m looking to see.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Syracuse has been peaking against who? A 51-41 win over an average nc state team that just lost to wake forest? Syracuse has a tough qb and some athletes on offense and some athletic smalle dlinemen. There is huge talent gaps between nd and Syracuse at positions.

This is the type of game where their offensive pace will actually hurt them vs ND just like it hurt wake vs ND. ND actually has a secondary and will be able to slow down the run without loading the box. Syracuse will make plays but it won’t be easy. How they stop ND i don’t know. Book hasn’t had a good first half in a long time, that’s what I’m looking to see.

Talent gap is not big enough IMO - the Orange definitely have enough talent to win and this is the type of game where BK becomes BK and gets out coached - hope I'm wrong. The Orange will b more fired up than ND and will give ND all they have.

Not sure BK will b able to get ND to match the Orange intensity and feel like BK will also b outcoached today.

Hope I am wrong - would love to see the ND / SC game really mean something for the Irish.

If ND can get past the Orange then I feel they will roll over SC.

And rightfully so, these uniforms are a joke. Notre Dame could play the best game of their lives and this would still be hard to watch.

I think ND pulls out a win, but I do have some concerns about playing Syracuse. They will get their points, they're too good an offense but to. Lea will have to call a good game...I have a feeling the defense will get shredded for periods of time if they try to play conservative off coverage like they have for long stretches.

Offensively if they are going to establish the run I hope they let the line impose their will and avoid excessive amounts of slow developing plays and predictable zone reads. Letting Syracuse get some easy stops and some rhythm on defense is unnecessary.

Overall the Irish out talent them. I trust Lea and long to have solid game plans and keep a step ahead of Syracuse. ND 45 Orange 31

ND needs to cut down the number of plays that the orange normally run. How to do that ball control. Get DW and JA going early and control the clock. I think the defense needs to force one turnover (2 would be nice) that leads to a TD.

ND-38
cuse-24
ND by a 10-14 point margin

I would like to think they won't -- and I have to say I haven't seen much of Syracuse -- but they are averaging well over 40 a game, so I think if ND doesn't hog the ball, there's a chance Syracuse could score four or five TDs.

HDK, I hope you kept your day job - fortune tell8ng isn’t in your future!! . Just teas8ng, nobody saw this ass-kicking coming in a practical shutout.

They will get their points, they're too good an offense but to.

I have a feeling the defense will get shredded for periods of time if they try to play conservative off coverage like they have for long stretches.

ND 45 Orange 31

My buddy made a similar prediction. Heading to Shanahan’s to collect dinner as the winner. Go Irish!

Reactions: iupjes2001
HDK, I hope you kept your day job - fortune tell8ng isn’t in your future!! . Just teas8ng, nobody saw this ass-kicking coming in a practical shutout.

I went to the game. Obviously losing Dungey early hurt Syracuse, but in his first two drives, he wasn't impressive at all. So yeah, I was dead wrong. I never thought we would be booing Syracuse's decision to go for a field goal in the last minute to avoid the shutout.

ADVERTISEMENT