ADVERTISEMENT

ND UNC MBB

ND's basketball team is really bad right now... Just super young and two of their key players are coming off a microfracture surgery and an ACL, while their best defender (as much crap as I give him about his offensive game) last been lost for the season to an ACL.

My sincere hope is just that the players stick with Brey, keep learning and weather this horrible season and coming out next year, better and stronger because of it. I hope that nobody transfers. Notre Dame should get back to being a low end tournament team next year and hopefully that carries forward into 2020, despite a bunch of personnel loses.

Agreed-----guys playing hard just not shooting well.

Leading ACC in 3 attempts----a bad sign.

That’s basketball these days, it’s a 3 point shooting contest, time to move the line back.
NBA's even worse (if you think it's a bad thing). Dunks and threes. Players passing up layups to kick out to a wide open guy at the 3 pt line.

Mooney played like a monster: blocks, rebounds, points. Didn’t get much help from anyone in terms of fg%. And once again, our opponent shoots well above their average in threes (it’s getting ridiculous). Would’ve been nice to have a full squad this season. I believe if Rex & carmody were healthy, we’d have wins against cuse & unc so far. Don’t know who we’re bringing in next year, but I think we can make some noise w/ a senior led team (Mooney, Gibbs & pfleuger (if he’s back)), and our underclassmen progressing the way they should, we should be pretty good.

ND's basketball team is really bad right now... Just super young and two of their key players are coming off a microfracture surgery and an ACL, while their best defender (as much crap as I give him about his offensive game) last been lost for the season to an ACL.

My sincere hope is just that the players stick with Brey, keep learning and weather this horrible season and coming out next year, better and stronger because of it. I hope that nobody transfers. Notre Dame should get back to being a low end tournament team next year and hopefully that carries forward into 2020, despite a bunch of personnel loses.

Stick to football ... your analysis and opinions are well thought through there.

Mooney played like a monster: blocks, rebounds, points. Didn’t get much help from anyone in terms of fg%. And once again, our opponent shoots well above their average in threes (it’s getting ridiculous). Would’ve been nice to have a full squad this season. I believe if Rex & carmody were healthy, we’d have wins against cuse & unc so far. Don’t know who we’re bringing in next year, but I think we can make some noise w/ a senior led team (Mooney, Gibbs & pfleuger (if he’s back)), and our underclassmen progressing the way they should, we should be pretty good.
All indications are Rex is back next season. So we won’t lose a single rotation player, but we will have a very small recruiting class.

Stick to football ... your analysis and opinions are well thought through there.

I'll engage in whatever conversation I'd like.
If you disagree with my assessment that this is a bad team, mostly do to youth and key players just coming back from significant injuries, feel free share your thoughts.

ND is not bringing in anybody next year, unless they find a grad transfer. Brey and his staff struck out on all of the recruits they wanted and decided to pass on the next tier due to numbers.

Team will be ok next year. Should be a tournament team with the emergence of Mooney and the continued development of Durham and the current freshmen. They'll be competitive in the ACC and should Gibbs and Rex find a consistant level to their game in support of Mooney, I expect a competitive group.

Rex used up his eligibility, how's he coming back?
Getting medical redshirt from NCAA. He just barely went over the maximum games/minutes played, and I don't think he played in any conference games. So the NCAA is being nice, for a change.

Reactions: francade
ADVERTISEMENT