ADVERTISEMENT

ND running game and running backs moving forward this year

First you need to grade the linemen blocking on each play !

Doesnt anyone other than echowaker understand football basics ?
You don't grade the linemen to grade the RBs...DM isn't waiting on Harry to grade the Linemen before he can grade his RBs.

You grade the rbs on did they do what they were supposed to and get what they should have gotten out of the play. Then you get into the extra yardage more than what was expected. This is where Estime shines.

They will also look at the play was designed for X but Y became open, to the RB see Y. That's where vision comes into play. I don't know DMs grading formula but when you do it a lot it's easy despite having a lot going into it.

Reactions: NDblitz
You grade the rbs on did they do what they were supposed to and get what they should have gotten out of the play. Then you get into the extra yardage more than what was expected. This is where Estime shines.
That is pretty close to the success rate. For example success on 3rd down = 100% of the yardage necessary. Estime converted a 3rd and 13 successfully. That is a lot harder than his 1 yard TD run.

That is pretty close to the success rate. For example success on 3rd down = 100% of the yardage necessary. Estime converted a 3rd and 13 successfully. That is a lot harder than his 1 yard TD run.
yeah but you typically get call it bonus points for making people miss, running through tackles, and seeing a better hole that the play wasn't designed for

at least that's how the RB coach did it when I was in college.... there's also pass pro, etc

You don't grade the linemen to grade the RBs...DM isn't waiting on Harry to grade the Linemen before he can grade his RBs.

They will also look at the play was designed for X but Y became open, to the RB see Y. That's where vision comes into play. I don't know DMs grading formula but when you do it a lot it's easy despite having a lot going into it.
Ask echowaker to help you out.

No hole, no gain !

There’s a correlation between the performance of the OL and the performance of the RB’s
ok, but what does that have to do with grading rbs. A running back can get a good grade and have a bad YPC if the oline plays terrible.

I simply love what Audric Estime brings to the run game. I read somewhere (I don't remember where, or I would give the comment attribution) that some of the Clemson defensive players were coming off the field on Saturday and were saying that tackling Estime felt like being electrocuted. That is high praise coming from an opponent.

If Audric can put his fumbling problem behind him--and it appears he has--he might turn into the second coming of The Bus.

YPC has been your bell cow through the first 4-5 games, disregarding a clear injury to Diggs..now he’s only bettered AE due to AE wearing down the Clemson D in the first quarter- hilarious.

And what, A man can’t talk to himself?
Estime was much better today again

Its clearly ridiculous at this point that Tommy boy keeps playing someone more because hes his boy

Estime was better in the run game, pass game,and pass pro

Estime was much better today again

Its clearly ridiculous at this point that Tommy boy keeps playing someone more because hes his boy

Estime was better in the run game, pass game,and pass pro
Yeah it’s not even close … if there’s no hole diggs just slows down and hopes for one to open causing a potential loss of yards, happened a bunch today

ADVERTISEMENT