ADVERTISEMENT

ND media package $65-$72 Million

Easy to say, but that has nothing to do with facts. College football is going down the toilet. The NIL was the first flush. Some will play for fun, but the rest will play for money.
Cfb is going nowhere. And we're in a great position to be successful

RU in NJ: that $ won’t go far!
RU is taking out loans from the BIG. 😂
The “revenue sharing” will come directly from the Big Ten Conference to the players. Rutgers will never see any of that money directly.

You seem to still be confusing “NIL” with “revenue sharing”. You give a great example of Notre Dame’s dilemma in reverse.

Notre Dame, being an Independent, would be in the exact position you are putting Rutgers in. Notre Dame would have to run their own “Revenue Sharing Program” internally, if they even decided to offer one. Notre Dame would have to worry about all the regulatory, litigatory, and compliance issues involved with the process themselves, and distribute the revenues to the athletes directly.

Rutgers, on the other hand, will have this all done for them by the Big Ten Conference. They won’t have to worry about NEARLY all the minutia Notre Dame will, as an Independent.

If Notre Dame, as an Independent, decides that a Revenue Sharing Program is not for them, great. But it will be harder to compete with Big Ten schools for players across the Board (especially at the line of scrimmage) if you rely solely on NIL.

With respect to the “other sports” you mention, Men’s Basketball would also be included.

Kevin Warren has indicated revenue sharing COULD possibly trickle down to the other sports, but there are ways to neutralize the legalities of Title IX if the money is coming from the Conference instead of directly from the schools. Notre Dame, as an Independent, wouldn’t have that advantage wrt their Independent football Program. So you are right. Independent Notre Dame, as compared to the Big Ten Conference, may have more Title IX issues to deal with than a Rutgers would.

A Title IX legal challenge to CONFERENCE revenue sharing wrt football and basketball players would be suicide for women’s sports, because then the football and basketball players would just Unionize.
The BIG10 is a Non- Profit controlled by its member schools. How can they revenue share when 100% of revenues is distributed to its member schools minus administrative costs and payroll. at the end of each fiscal year the BIG10 shows ZERO profit. Plus being that the BIG10 is controlled/owned by its member schools, any revenue sharing would be considered pay for play.

You were wrong about ND getting a media package, getting squeezed out of the playoff,. You've been wrong about everything you've spouted on this board and it's hilarious how dumb you look.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
The “revenue sharing” will come directly from the Big Ten Conference to the players. Rutgers will never see any of that money directly.

You seem to still be confusing “NIL” with “revenue sharing”. You give a great example of Notre Dame’s dilemma in reverse.

Notre Dame, being an Independent, would be in the exact position you are putting Rutgers in. Notre Dame would have to run their own “Revenue Sharing Program” internally, if they even decided to offer one. Notre Dame would have to worry about all the regulatory, litigatory, and compliance issues involved with the process themselves, and distribute the revenues to the athletes directly.

Rutgers, on the other hand, will have this all done for them by the Big Ten Conference. They won’t have to worry about NEARLY all the minutia Notre Dame will, as an Independent.

If Notre Dame, as an Independent, decides that a Revenue Sharing Program is not for them, great. But it will be harder to compete with Big Ten schools for players across the Board (especially at the line of scrimmage) if you rely solely on NIL.

With respect to the “other sports” you mention, Men’s Basketball would also be included.

Kevin Warren has indicated revenue sharing COULD possibly trickle down to the other sports, but there are ways to neutralize the legalities of Title IX if the money is coming from the Conference instead of directly from the schools. Notre Dame, as an Independent, wouldn’t have that advantage wrt their Independent football Program. So you are right. Independent Notre Dame, as compared to the Big Ten Conference, may have more Title IX issues to deal with than a Rutgers would.

A Title IX legal challenge to CONFERENCE revenue sharing wrt football and basketball players would be suicide for women’s sports, because then the football and basketball players would just Unionize.
Great post.

All SOLID POINTS.

ND is shoveling HOPIUM against the tide.

Monetization and the ND MODEL are about as far apart as two strategies can get.

Will ND bend or break?

Time will tell.

But this idea that it will all wind up ND UBER ALLES -- as it just blithely paddles its canoe while Rome burns around it -- is EXTREMELY SHORTSIGHTED.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUFFALO LION
Here is the truth whether you want it or not. We will never get a Keely or any other 5 star player with the money being thrown at these guys now.. If we want to play with the big boys, we have to pay like they do. I'm not sure why that is difficult to understand.

No one wants to see ND football disappear into a club sport, but does anyone really expect the BOT to allow the football team to get into bidding wars for players?
If the BMDs really wanted to bid for talent they wouldn't ask for permission.

RU is taking out loans from the BIG. 😂

The BIG10 is a Non- Profit controlled by its member schools. How can they revenue share when 100% of revenues is distributed to its member schools minus administrative costs and payroll. at the end of each fiscal year the BIG10 shows ZERO profit. Plus being that the BIG10 is controlled/owned by its member schools, any revenue sharing would be considered pay for play.

You were wrong about ND getting a media package, getting squeezed out of the playoff,. You've been wrong about everything you've spouted on this board and it's hilarious how dumb you look.

You’re kidding, right??? Are you telling me that you don’t know that “revenue” and “profit” are two separate things?? You DO know you can be a non-profit and still have “revenue”, right?

You’re whistling past the graveyard. Two years ago, you would have been telling me the same thing about NIL.

It might not happen next year, but the way the court decisions have been going, I would guess revenue sharing in some way, shape, or form will be upon us sometime in the next decade.

Warren is trying to be proactive and get control of the situation. I’m afraid as much you want to deny it will happen, there’s nothing you or Notre Dame can do to stop it. You WILL probably be able to not participate under certain circumstances or conditions. I’m sure you can figure out what those circumstances and conditions are for yourself.

I don’t believe I ever said you would not be getting a new media package. I have absolutely no doubt you will at some point.

I also don’t believe I ever said you would be “squeezed out of the Playoffs” either. But since you mentioned it, you WERE “squeezed out” of ever getting a 1st round bye as an Independent no matter what your record or ranking. You could also have four lower ranked Conference Champs knock you out of the Playoffs if you are ranked worse than 8th. Four would probably never happen, but just one lower ranked Conference Champ could knock you out if you’re ranked 12th.

Good luck today against Marshall.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Great post.

All SOLID POINTS.

Will ND bend or break?

Time will tell.

But this idea that it will all wind up ND UBER ALLES -- as it just blithely paddles its canoe while Rome burns around it -- is EXTREMELY SHORTSIGHTED.
You’re kidding, right??? Are you telling me that you don’t know that “revenue” and “profit” are two separate things?? You DO know you can be a non-profit and still have “revenue”, right?

You’re whistling past the graveyard. Two years ago, you would have been telling me the same thing about NIL.

It might not happen next year, but the way the court decisions have been going, I would guess revenue sharing in some way, shape, or form will be upon us sometime in the next decade.

Warren is trying to be proactive and get control of the situation. I’m afraid as much you want to deny it will happen, there’s nothing you or Notre Dame can do to stop it. You WILL probably be able to not participate under certain circumstances or conditions. I’m sure you can figure out what those circumstances and conditions are for yourself.

I don’t believe I ever said you would not be getting a new media package. I have absolutely no doubt you will at some point.

I also don’t believe I ever said you would be “squeezed out of the Playoffs” either. But since you mentioned it, you WERE “squeezed out” of ever getting a 1st round bye as an Independent no matter what your record or ranking. You could also have four lower ranked Conference Champs knock you out of the Playoffs if you are ranked worse than 8th. Four would probably never happen, but just one lower ranked Conference Champ could knock you out if you’re ranked 12th.

Good luck today against Marshall.
Again the BIG10 is OWNED by its member institutions. Read the link I posted about the BIG10 programs. The first is to DISTRIBUTE ALL revenue minus operating expenses to its MEMBER INSTITUTIONS, or are you just too dumb to comprehend?

You were WRONG about everything. You are clueless. You thought the SEC and the BIG 10 were going to have their own playoff, meanwhile the CFP is about to be expanded to 12 teams and includes 6 AQ's from 6 conferences. 😂

You thought ND would never be able to get a substantial media rights deal on its own, yet they are working on at minimum a $75 million/year deal with NBC. 😂

Why are you even on this forum? No one here gives a rats a$$ about the BIG 10. You think you are in the know when you know absolutely NOTHING. You have and continue to make a complete fool of yourself. Your posts are humorous fantasy land. Between you and 4-4-3 I've got the best of both worlds. When i need a laugh, I can read your posts, and when I want to go to bed for the evening reading 4-4-3 's posts act better than a sleeping pill. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Great post.

All SOLID POINTS.

Will ND bend or break?

Time will tell.

😂😂😂 Clueless

I don't think he knows or....

Even though says otherwise is just regurgitating the same horseshit said by the talking heads who've been annoyed ND can do what it does as an independent.

Either way who cares. ND get's whatever money they NEED which is what's relevant here more that the actual number.

Does Rutgers need 100 million? Probably not.
Does OSU need 100? They might need 120 million.
Suddenly business decisions make that Big10 deal irrelevant.

I don't know any of their bottom lines but I'd bet Rutgers doesn't spend or NEED what OSU does...bad business decisions or not.

Again the BIG10 is OWNED by its member institutions. Read the link I posted about the BIG10 programs. The first is to DISTRIBUTE ALL revenue minus operating expenses to its MEMBER INSTITUTIONS, or are you just too dumb to comprehend?

You were WRONG about everything. You are clueless. You thought the SEC and the BIG 10 were going to have their own playoff, meanwhile the CFP is about to be expanded to 12 teams and includes 6 AQ's from 6 conferences. 😂

You thought ND would never be able to get a substantial media rights deal on its own, yet they are working on at minimum a $75 million/year deal with NBC. 😂

Why are you even on this forum? No one here gives a rats a$$ about the BIG 10. You think you are in the know when you know absolutely NOTHING. You have and continue to make a complete fool of yourself. Your posts are humorous fantasy land. Between you and 4-4-3 I've got the best of both worlds. When i need a laugh, I can read your posts, and when I want to go to bed for the evening reading 4-4-3 's posts act better than a sleeping pill. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Relax. Take a deep breath and and realize what you are writing. You’re so frantic to deny reality that you are reinforcing my point.

If the “Big Ten is owned by its member Institutions”, don’t you think they can vote on how to distribute that revenue anyway they want? Especially if it benefits so called “student athletes”?

By the way. You want to tell me what post number I wrote that the “SEC and BIG TEN were going to have their own Playoff”? Nope. I didn’t think you would find it.

You ask why I keep coming here. It’s as a courtesy so as to reply to your posts to me. Someone has to correct you. 🙂

Relax. Take a deep breath and and realize what you are writing. You’re so frantic to deny reality that you are reinforcing my point.

If the “Big Ten is owned by its member Institutions”, don’t you think they can vote on how to distribute that revenue anyway they want? Especially if it benefits so called “student athletes”?

By the way. You want to tell me what post number I wrote that the “SEC and BIG TEN were going to have their own Playoff”? Nope. I didn’t think you would find it.

You ask why I keep coming here. It’s as a courtesy so as to reply to your posts to me. Someone has to correct you. 🙂
I don't care about the big 10 or you. You are on ignore. enjoy!! 😂

ADVERTISEMENT