ADVERTISEMENT

ND has lost its appeal and will vacate all wins from

Wow, leave it to a Michigan fan to rush over here to be the first to post the bad news.

......If I was ND, I would tell the NCAA to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

Don't shoot the messenger Alice.

Yes, you could always quit the NCAA and go club.

Reactions: 8th Man
Take away the number for the 2012 season
It was a great ride for me.
Coach Diaco prove me wrong.
If anyone got coach of the year that year it should have been coach Diaco

Don't shoot the messenger Alice.

Yes, you could always quit the NCAA and go club.

Or...just take it to real court.

The NCAA has no integrity.

I work across from it here in Indy for years now & workout with many employees & actually live next door to a gentleman (for 12 years now) who is pretty high up who is from my wife's hometown out west (random) & his son is in the AF now (like I was). I talk to him everyday & he knows I'm a ND guy so he won't discuss "work" with me.
I'm finally going to ask him. He always asks me stuff he shouldn't about the AF because of his son, so I'm lenient with him about it. I have a sneaky feeling he knows what's up since he won't even talk college football with me. I'm guessing he won't speak to me anymore afterwards, but I'm still asking. Eff it.

I'm a stickler to rules & agree with holding people accountable for their actions. But I still can't see how ND or the program did anything wrong? If their ruling is the case than every game by every team should be vacated?
And North Carolina should get the death penalty.

What a disgrace.

Or...just take it to real court.

The NCAA has no integrity.

I work across from it here in Indy for years now & workout with many employees & actually live next door to a gentleman (for 12 years now) who is pretty high up who is from my wife's hometown out west (random) & his son is in the AF now (like I was). I talk to him everyday & he knows I'm a ND guy so he won't discuss "work" with me.
I'm finally going to ask him. He always asks me stuff he shouldn't about the AF because of his son, so I'm lenient with him about it. I have a sneaky feeling he knows what's up since he won't even talk college football with me. I'm guessing he won't speak to me anymore afterwards, but I'm still asking. Eff it.

I'm a stickler to rules & agree with holding people accountable for their actions. But I still can't see how ND or the program did anything wrong? If their ruling is the case than every game by every team should be vacated?
And North Carolina should get the death penalty.

What a disgrace.

Is there a link to confirm this? I have googled and checked other sites and found nothing (yet).

Players ineligible due to academic fraud.

The players (six of them) cheated with a student academic advisor. The football program & the University had no knowledge of it. When they received anonymous tips on it the investigated it & turned over their findings to the NCAA. The NCAA did not find this out, the school reported it. The NCAA agreed the program & University had no knowledge or compliance to the cheating.
It was just 7 students who cheated on their own. ND removed the advisor & failed the students.
Yet the NCAA has decided to punish ND for something the NCAA admits was not their fault or within their control?

Is there a link to confirm this? I have googled and checked other sites and found nothing (yet).

I also have not seen it yet.

It could be a troll job, but I do know their has been rumblings recently that the NCAA was not been fair so far with ND's appeal?
So this would not be a surprise at all to me.

The players (six of them) cheated with a student academic advisor. The football program & the University had no knowledge of it. When they received anonymous tips on it the investigated it & turned over their findings to the NCAA. The NCAA did not find this out, the school reported it. The NCAA agreed the program & University had no knowledge or compliance to the cheating.
It was just 7 students who cheated on their own. ND removed the advisor & failed the students.
Yet the NCAA has decided to punish ND for something the NCAA admits was not their fault or within their control?

The tutor was a part of ND. She was sanctioned by ND. She was as much a part of the school as a coach.

The tutor was a part of ND. She was sanctioned by ND. She was as much a part of the school as a coach.

Do you understand the term "institutional control?"

The reason that term exists today is because the NCAA ruled that a single person acting on the behalf of no one cannot be linked back to the University.

If a student advisor cheats without the knowledge or direction of the program or the school it is not the University's fault. The following is an article (written actually by a noted ND-hater) that outlines this is the first time EVER the NCAA has vacated wins after admitting their was no lack of institutional control.
First time EVER.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...ct-football-spt-1124-20161123-column,amp.html

I'm AF. If I commit treason on my own accord, even though I'm employed by the AF, without the AF having any knowledge, it's not the AF's fault I made an individual decision. And they would not be blamed by the DOD. It's common sense.

The reason that term exists today is because the NCAA ruled that a single person acting on the behalf of no one cannot be linked back to the University.

If a student advisor cheats without the knowledge or direction of the program or the school it is not the University's fault. The following is an article (written actually by a noted ND-hater) that outlines this is the first time EVER the NCAA has vacated wins after admitting their was no lack of institutional control.
First time EVER.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...ct-football-spt-1124-20161123-column,amp.html

I'm AF. If I commit treason on my own accord, even though I'm employed by the AF, without the AF having any knowledge, it's not the AF's fault I made an individual decision. And they would not be blamed by the DOD. It's common sense.

The Air Force and ND football are not comparable. The tutor cheated for multiple players to help ND football. Both she and the players were at fault. And every case is different. You are not going to find consistency with every situation being unique.

If she had just cheated with her boyfriend player and this was the result, I would agree with you.

The Air Force and ND football are not comparable. The tutor cheated for multiple players to help ND football. Both she and the players were at fault. And every case is different. You are not going to find consistency with every situation being unique.

If she had just cheated with her boyfriend player and this was the result, I would agree with you.

The point is the student who cheated did it without direction from the program.
The NCAA has handed out punishments for students cheating for years & years. Thousands of student-athletes have been punished for cheating.

Why is ND the first program to receive vacated wins for this? When the NCAA admits ND played no role? The NCAA is on record stating the football program & University did not have knowledge of it.

So explain to me why this student cheating case (without lack of institutional control) is different from the thousands before?

So...
I've seen multiple people talking about this on the webs & the question has been asked by multiple people, "is there a source?" & none has been provided yet? It is being called "rumor" for now.

Reactions: irishalice
I've found no reliable source yet? Have you been using this morning? Never trust a skunkbear.

The point is the student who cheated did it without direction from the program.
The NCAA has handed out punishments for students cheating for years & years. Thousands of student-athletes have been punished for cheating.

Why is ND the first program to receive vacated wins for this? When the NCAA admits ND played no role? The NCAA is on record stating the football program & University did not have knowledge of it.

So explain to me why this student cheating case (without lack of institutional control) is different from the thousands before?

I dunno. Maybe because it involved six students and an academic employee?

First time EVER.

I wonder if this is cause for a contract extension

I dunno. Maybe because it involved six students and an academic employee?

The advisor had no prior history, so it wasn't a "wink, wink" thing when hired.
The advisor did not cheat with other football players.
The advisor admitted to it & acknowledged they became friends & it was an isolated incident (because of the friendship).

This wasn't a case of a school hiring a crooked advisor or an advisor helping a program cheat. It was a single case of a student who befriended other students they were helping & decided to help them. Being football players was not a factor. It happens all the time with regular students. A study found 80% of college graduates admitted to cheating at least once while in school.

The advisor had no prior history, so it wasn't a "wink, wink" thing when hired.
The advisor did not cheat with other football players.
The advisor admitted to it & acknowledged they became friends & it was an isolated incident (because of the friendship).

This wasn't a case of a school hiring a crooked advisor or an advisor helping a program cheat. It was a single case of a student who befriended other students they were helping & decided to help them. Being football players was not a factor. It happens all the time with regular students. A study found 80% of college graduates admitted to cheating at least once while in school.

I don't think anyone who has a prior history of cheating would be hired as an academic advisor to begin with.

I don't think anyone who has a prior history of cheating would be hired as an academic advisor to begin with.

Auburn did. They hired an advisor who helped athletes cheat on ACTs. Said advisor went on to change transcripts for athletes to make them eligible. Lol.

Relaying info from a poster I trust. He has a good track record, and it did not read like just a rumor.

Who knows?
I just asked someone from the ND side & they said it's all over forums now but nobody knows where it came from? Nobody?

I just left the Chicago Tribune site. There's nothing there either.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Checked the NCAA site and nothing posted in their media center, which appears to be current. Hope this is fake news, as I can't see any logic to ND losing their appeal.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT