ADVERTISEMENT

ND down to #19 in F+ after UNC win

I know it's hard to see it as a fan base sometimes but all of the performance data matters the highs and lows during the first quarter of the season all add up to ND being the 9th best team in the country in the eyes of F+ this season. It's pretty exciting as this data suggest ND is doing real well under the hood where it .matters despite the 2-2 start.
Thanks for the excellent update!

Reactions: rgc7
These rankings are absurd. Absolute garbage.
Should be renamed
F+_+_K+i+ng garbage

I'm not talking about us being 19th...
Truth be told we shouldn't be that high right now.

Florida State @ # 31 ...
Undefeated ...

And beat #12 LSU

GTFO with this horseshit.

Matter of fact I picked a bone with you about this very thing when Clemson beat Alabama in the title game yet afterward the dumbest ranking in the world...the one you have so much love for actually had Clemson @ 3rd or some garbage with Georgia abd Bama in front. After Clemson won the title.

Trash

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
Should be renamed
F+_+_K+i+ng garbage

Florida State @ # 31 ...
Undefeated ...

And beat #12 LSU

Matter of fact I picked a bone with you about this very thing when Clemson beat Alabama in the title game yet afterward the dumbest ranking in the world...the one you have so much love for actually had Clemson @ 3rd or some garbage with Georgia abd Bama in front. After Clemson won the title.

Trash
Do not disagree but what I have a problem with is TAMU and Oklahoma not getting punished as hard for losing. ND is getting extra punished for losing to Ohio State. Had Ohio State been Central Michigan and a win, we’d be top 25. Can’t lose to Marshall period, but the whole rankings thing is bunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgc7
make it stop road trip GIF

7-5 is very likely this season. Just the way it is. BYU, Clemson, USC we are going to be underdogs.

I think we beat Stanford, UNLV, Syracuse, Navy, Boston College. Also won't be surprised if we drop at least one of them to finish 6-6. Wouldn't be totally shocked with 8-4, but we will need to win a big game to get there. The easiest of those 3 is up next as beating BYU is the path to get to 8-4. The Marshall loss was a dagger when you have to play 3 top 10 teams in one season.

Last edited:
Wow, the natives are particularly restless today. Total absolute garbage....

I just resent how the OP was always bashing BK, in his particularly nauseating, petulant way, if I recall. I don't really care one way or the other about some irrelevant football poll. That's just more noise, cluttering the airwaves in our already completely decadent society.

But as I say the natives look like they're getting even more flustered than normal at the mere mention of it. And for myself I do hate and resent polls in sports. And they really don't exist anywhere but America. Though FIFA has developed some power rating system, in recent years, that I believe have no practical applicability, and really is just for show. But maybe not, maybe you do get some practical advantage, if you achieve a high enough FIFA ranking....

According to the OP the virtue of America's myriad of mind-numbing CFB power polls, is not to determine the winner as it were, or anything so dystopian and grotesque.... but just to help teams better understand their respective strengths and weaknesses. Which I would imagine they don't actually do. But it is more grist for the ESPN mill. Just something more for sports fans to suckle....

Reactions: bcnd
9-3 is my ‘floor’ for this team! ND has a Top tier Defense. Don’t they say Defense wins football games?

Possible we drop Syracuse game as well. No chance we beat Clemson barring major changes. USC would be a tough sell. I like 7-5 or 6-6 is as good as this team can do. We have individual talent, but so far poor coaching and poor team chemistry. I am not sold that our OL can block simply because they did so against one of the nations worst defenses. I will change my mind if ND can beat BYU. That is a major turning point if so. Beating a ranked team with a 3-0 run would essentially make the Marshall game a fluke. It's possible we are improving, but I would look more to the Cal game for evidence than UNC, who completely lacks a defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88ND
they are NOT 3 losses on the remaining schedule

Last edited:
Should be renamed
F+_+_K+i+ng garbage

Florida State @ # 31 ...
Undefeated ...

And beat #12 LSU

Trash
You quoting LSU as #12 is just as pathetic as the article you are taking exception to

Should be renamed
F+_+_K+i+ng garbage

Florida State @ # 31 ...
Undefeated ...

And beat #12 LSU

Trash
I remember making a good faith argument on why that was the case (many times in fact) but it never seemed to resonate with you. Fair enough. I'll continue to utilize the tool and post updates for those who can wrap their brain around it.

I remember making a good faith argument on why that was the case (many times in fact) but it never seemed to resonate with you. Fair enough. I'll continue to utilize the tool and post updates for those who can wrap their brain around it.
This ranking is for people who don't have a clue about football but want to seem like the smartest person in the room

Garbage

Wow, the natives are particularly restless today. Total absolute garbage....

I just resent how the OP was always bashing BK, in his particularly nauseating, petulant way, if I recall. I don't really care one way or the other about some irrelevant football poll. That's just more noise, cluttering the airwaves in our already completely decadent society.

But as I say the natives look like they're getting even more flustered than normal at the mere mention of it. And for myself I do hate and resent polls in sports. And they really don't exist anywhere but America. Though FIFA has developed some power rating system, in recent years, that I believe have no practical applicability, and really is just for show. But maybe not, maybe you do get some practical advantage, if you achieve a high enough FIFA ranking....

According to the OP the virtue of America's myriad of mind-numbing CFB power polls, is not to determine the winner as it were, or anything so dystopian and grotesque.... but just to help teams better understand their respective strengths and weaknesses. Which I would imagine they don't actually do. But it is more grist for the ESPN mill. Just something more for sports fans to suckle....
yep, morons like you love numbers and are too stupid to look behind them

This ranking is for people who don't have a clue about football but want to seem like the smartest person in the room

Garbage
you look at who is puffing up this crap and that is all you need to know. Two of the dumbest clunks in this forum.

You quoting LSU as #12 is just as pathetic as the article you are taking exception to
WTF are you talking about?

I didn't rank them NOR pine for them to be ranked anything.

My point is they have FSU @ #31 who is undefeated and beat LSU whom they have ranked #12

In other words they have undefeated FSU ranked 19 spots below a team they beat nor obviously undefeated

Try and keep up

Thx
Here is my argument in good faith...

It's called...

Reality!!!!

I've been involved in the game for many years and anyone else who's been involved in the game as a player and or coach doesn't care about a ridiculously skewed ranking.
When a perception metric supersedes the ultimate ranking determination of head to head that alone literally destroys any ounce of credibility.

Ranking an undefeated team 19 spots lower than one of the teams they beat...you know...HEAD TO HEAD....
Fairy tales are closer to reality than this ranking system.

As I said before when Clemson won the title the final verdict of this garbage ranking system had Alabama and Georgia ahead of Clemson.
Not before mind you, no no...after the games had all been played and Clemson just won head to head yet somehow this garbage ranking system had them 3rd behind Bama and Georgia.

Pardon my cynicism but I still prefer the ultimate metric of head to head and unless a team falls apart or regressed head to head will always be king.

Should be renamed
F+_+_K+i+ng garbage

Florida State @ # 31 ...
Undefeated ...

And beat #12 LSU

Trash
One system, I think it was the BCS composite, ranked ND ahead of Alabama the day after the Orange Blow. IT is not hard to see why, both were 12-1 and ND had the better loss.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
One system, I think it was the BCS composite, ranked ND ahead of Alabama the day after the Orange Blow. IT is not hard to see why, both were 12-1 and ND had the better loss.
That's when you know the system needs to be blown up

WTF are you talking about?

I didn't rank them NOR pine for them to be ranked anything.

My point is they have FSU @ #31 who is undefeated and beat LSU whom they have ranked #12

In other words they have undefeated FSU ranked 19 spots below a team they beat nor obviously undefeated

Try and keep up

Thx

Here is my argument in good faith...

It's called...

Reality!!!!

I've been involved in the game for many years and anyone else who's been involved in the game as a player and or coach doesn't care about a ridiculously skewed ranking.
When a perception metric supersedes the ultimate ranking determination of head to head that alone literally destroys any ounce of credibility.

Ranking an undefeated team 19 spots lower than one of the teams they beat...you know...HEAD TO HEAD....
Fairy tales are closer to reality than this ranking system.

As I said before when Clemson won the title the final verdict of this garbage ranking system had Alabama and Georgia ahead of Clemson.
Not before mind you, no no...after the games had all been played and Clemson just won head to head yet somehow this garbage ranking system had them 3rd behind Bama and Georgia.

Pardon my cynicism but I still prefer the ultimate metric of head to head and unless a team falls apart or regressed head to head will always be king.
my bad. I just assumed it was another stupid post from you, as you pen so many

my bad. I just assumed it was another stupid post from you, as you pen so many
And a childish reply from another fantasyland resident.

Let me type something you will love...
We have the greatest secondary play in all of college football yearly. 1st round picks galore with the best ball skills.

We also have the best rushing attack yearly and our line decimates the toughest opponents we face.
We get the very best perimter playmakers in the country and showcase their talents every week.

I heard the rest of the CFB world is sick and tired of us always having a Heisman finalist every year. They complain all the time about us having a Heisman contender every single year. Especially at QB. Some even say it isn't fair we get so many top QB's or develop them.

Feel better?

See it's really possible to root for ND.....as I root just as much as you do.....

The difference being I'm not in fantasyland as I live in reality borough. I know exactly what we have and what we don't have. What we're good at and what we aren't good at.

Oh and a final note...
If you want to believe in fantasy and hope I don't take it personally one bit.

I'm just curious how pointing out facts hurts your feelings?
On a message board mind you driven by 99 percent opinion....

I don't think that's very healthy but good luck with that

And a childish reply from another fantasyland resident.

Let me type something you will love...
We have the greatest secondary play in all of college football yearly. 1st round picks galore with the best ball skills.

We also have the best rushing attack yearly and our line decimates the toughest opponents we face.
We get the very best perimter playmakers in the country and showcase their talents every week.

I heard the rest of the CFB world is sick and tired of us always having a Heisman finalist every year. They complain all the time about us having a Heisman contender every single year. Especially at QB. Some even say it isn't fair we get so many top QB's or develop them.

Feel better?

See it's really possible to root for ND.....as I root just as much as you do.....

The difference being I'm not in fantasyland as I live in reality borough. I know exactly what we have and what we don't have. What we're good at and what we aren't good at.

Oh and a final note...
If you want to believe in fantasy and hope I don't take it personally one bit.

I'm just curious how pointing out facts hurts your feelings?
On a message board mind you driven by 99 percent opinion....

I don't think that's very healthy but good luck with that
Ouch!

Those that say F+ Sucks and all that jazz probably don’t understand what it is. Same with SP+. They are actually really useful tools

Those that say F+ Sucks and all that jazz probably don’t understand what it is. Same with SP+. They are actually really useful tools
F is efficiency which is just a backwards looking stat on whether a team scored from all their yards. I don't remember the others. Adjusted yards per play is the one that you want.

F is efficiency which is just a backwards looking stat on whether a team scored from all their yards. I don't remember the others. Adjusted yards per play is the one that you want.
No F+ is a combination of SP+ and FEI.

SP+ And FEI are predictive measure.

Another thing people need to understand about F+ is that rankings are ordinal. The difference between 1 and 2 won’t be the same as 2 and 3 and so on and so forth.

the standard deviation value itself is going to tell you more than the rank

Another thing people need to understand about F+ is that rankings are ordinal. The difference between 1 and 2 won’t be the same as 2 and 3 and so on and so forth.

Trash

You can’t tell me why though
Their rankings speak for themselves. Some of the dumbest ranking you can see.

When you don't have the 2019 LSU team number 1 after having one of the greatest seasons of all time number 1 you lose all your credibility.

There are so many examples of that, like how can you possibly have this team ahead of this team. I just see them and laugh now

Now you're bringing 'standard deviations' into it? I guess that figures, that's sort of a last refuge of the scoundrel when it comes to nerdy incel types arguing about whatever stupid shit they're obsessing over, and you want to get all technical about it....

Their rankings speak for themselves. Some of the dumbest ranking you can see.

When you don't have the 2019 LSU team number 1 after having one of the greatest seasons of all time number 1 you lose all your credibility.

There are so many examples of that, like how can you possibly have this team ahead of this team. I just see them and laugh now
The difference between LSU and Ohio st that year on that metric was like .2 (so basically even) because LSUs defense was pretty average most of the year.
Now you're bringing 'standard deviations' into it? I guess that figures, that's sort of a last refuge of the scoundrel when it comes to nerdy incel types arguing about whatever stupid shit they're obsessing over, and you want to get all technical about it....
Bruh what? F+ is a standard deviation. what does standard deviations even have to do with incels. What a pathetic argument

Reactions: ivan brunetti
The difference between LSU and Ohio st that year on that metric was like .2 (so basically even) because LSUs defense was pretty average most of the year.

Bruh what? F+ is a standard deviation. what does standard deviations even have to do with incels. What a pathetic argument
You're a nerd, or at least that's your persona on this board, and you're into nerdy shit, like this stupid football ranking formula that you spam the board with, obviously just to troll, and not to spread the word in some sort of highly regrettable yet nonetheless good-faith evangelism. And you're laying it on even thicker by invoking the annoying statistical jargon of the 'standard deviation', which is increasingly popular these days with geeks when they want to sound smart or dress up whatever it is they are babbling about in a given instance. Which is a disappointing social-media development. There are far too frequent references in today's day and age to the so-called standard deviation in regular discussion and/or debate. In the future try to pretend that there is no such thing, and make whatever point you want to make without mentioning it....

ADVERTISEMENT