ADVERTISEMENT

ND Baseball

Irishsox05

Rockne's Water Boy
Jun 27, 2016
I know this isn't the usual place for ND baseball but I'm at a loss to explain what's wrong with ND baseball. 6 players drafted in the first 20 rounds, 3 in the first 10 rounds, that doesn't include Torri Hunter Jr who was signed...understandable due to his father's connections but still that's a lot of talent to go just 26-32.

Anyone have any news on what's going on?

Last edited:
I know this isn't the usual place for ND baseball but I'm at a loss to explain what's wrong with ND baseball. 6 players drafted in the first 20 rounds, 3 in the first 10 rounds, that doesn't include Torri Hunter Jr who was signed...understandable due to his father's connections but still that's a lot of talent to go just 26-32. I know ND lost a great coach with Mainieri to LSU but the drop off has been very steep under Akoi.

Anyone have any news on what's going on?

I have wondered the same thing myself.

I live in Omaha NE and would love to the Irish return for a title run

I agree. The talent apparently is there, but the record doesn't show it. Must be coaching.

I agree. The talent apparently is there, but the record doesn't show it. Must be coaching.
everything seemed to go down hill for the program when the coach our irish had that took them to Omaha back in 2000 or 2001 left and went down to LSU

ADVERTISEMENT