ADVERTISEMENT

ND at Wake Forest Demon Deacons thoughts/predictions

zro pts4u

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 24, 2018
Just watched the BC at Wake Forest game (condensed version) and was able to gather a few things.

First off, I know there’s some worry at least amongst us fans as this will be 2018’s first road game. I think we are a team than turns it up on the road. I think there’s probsbly less pressure for the offense, especially for Wimbush, not playing in front of 80,000 critics. Secondly, I personally have faith in our O-Line and have seen improvement slowly but surely since week 1.

As for Wake Forest, they have a quick shifty true Freshman QB. They have some athletes at RB, but their best receiver is only 5’9 and I would not worry about any of their offense skill players 1 on 1 vs our defensive players except maybe #22 for Wake. Their offensive ideology is taking advantage of over aggressiveness so we need to play discipline and see the ball and go get it. Just win the 1 on 1 battle and it should be a good day for our defense.

I don’t feel like getting into any more detail but I will say their secondary made a lot of mistakes and BC killed them on play action deep down field. As some of you know BC is similar to us this season in their offensive approach, a smash mouth team, but they have a stud at TB who gets a lot of respect. I really like what I’ve seen from our backs thus far however. They also have big TEs like we do so I suggest watching the ACC Digital Network’s condensed version and reporting back.

Go Irish! 4-0 here we come!!

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND will get everyone’s best shot, I think ND puts it a little more together this week and after a close first half ND wins.

ND 38
Wake 17

Reactions: Kelso86
I was a little off last week w/ the 31-17 prediction but if not for a couple key drops near the goal line and a botched 1st and goal from the two, I was not too far off. I’ll say we finally score in the 30s and give up high teens-low 20s.

37-20 Irish win.

You gonna hang on to that 73-0 joke until it finally gets a laugh?

It was the score in the 1940 NFL championship game.
An here is is my contribution to the nonesense.
If you give me an lol, ..... I will change it to 30-13.

It was the score in the 1940 NFL championship game.
An here is is my contribution to the nonesense.
If you give me an lol, ..... I will change it to 30-13.
Nope. Keep the 73-0 thing going until somebody gets the reference.

My head says all out shit fest again fighting for their lives in the 4th quarter. My heart, for no real reason this week, says Irish click and whip Wake badly. 41-10. I’ve really liked this team on the road early in the seasons.

• ND is only a 7 pt favorite as of 9-18-2018
  • ND is 3-6 in away games vs ACC opponents since the ACC/ND deal.
  • ND is 1-6 vs the spread over their last 7 games dating back to last year (meaning that oddsmakers have consistently over estimated them during that time)
With all that being said, this game is looking more and more like a toss up game that can go either way.

A football program with playoff contending aspirations should not be in a 'toss up' game vs a below average P5 program like WF, but i digress.

I think ND "hangs on" in the end and pulls off a very close win.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="chaseball, post: 2437048, member: 7914"
  • ND is 3-6 in away games vs ACC opponents since the ACC/ND deal.[/QUOTE]
This is not accurate.

In 2017, ND was 2-1 on the road against ACC teams (Wins at BC and UNC, and loss to Miami)

In 2016, ND was 1-1 on the road against ACC teams (Win at Syracuse, loss at NCSU)

In 2015, ND was 2-1 on the road against ACC teams (Wins at UVA and Pitt, loss at Clemson)

Going to be warm and humid in Winston Salem and a noon kickoff.

If ND's offense can control the line and run the ball:
ND-31
wf-17

If ND can't run the ball at will, the defense is going to be gassed by the 4th qtr and we are going to have to throw the ball around 40 times.

ND-42
wf-41

• ND is only a 7 pt favorite as of 9-18-2018
  • ND is 3-6 in away games vs ACC opponents since the ACC/ND deal.
  • ND is 1-6 vs the spread over their last 7 games dating back to last year (meaning that oddsmakers have consistently over estimated them during that time)
With all that being said, this game is looking more and more like a toss up game that can go either way.

A football program with playoff contending aspirations should not be in a 'toss up' game vs a below average P5 program like WF, but i digress.

I think ND "hangs on" in the end and pulls off a very close win.
When a know it all doesn't know it all

Wake Forest 24 ND 17. We barely beat ballstate at home come on do you really think we are good?

We'll probably blow them out and then BK will look like a genius for seven days, before he has to beg Wimbush to save the Stanford game.

My prediction... Wake 24-21, hope I’m wrong but this team is a ticking time bomb for a loss.

I too have been feeling uneasy about this team since Ball St. But I say Notre Dame's offense "explodes" today and we win 27-24.

I did not know Wake was this bad. I am still not convinced that we are good yet. A solid win over Stanford will change my mind though.

ADVERTISEMENT