ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA upholds its ruling to force ND football to vacate wins from 2012-2013

Predominantly made up of well educated Notre Dame alumni. Rock's House may be a lot of things, but a collection of "Notre Dame haters" they are not.

Also, Swarbrick initially said ND would agree to vacate the games if that was what the NCAA ruled.

Yes, you're accurately parroting the self-serviing talking points of Rock's House's ever contining anti-Swarbrick/anti-Jenkins campaign.

Given you only show up to stir the pot, you're going back on ignore.

Reactions: Pennick4
Have you noticed since the original ruling came down from the NCAA, ND has changed it's dealings with players who get into trouble? Res Life has been cut out of the process. It appears to go from coach to Jack Swarbrick and then Father Jenkins. Decision reached and announced by Coach Kelly as team rules violation and that's it. They should have handled the frozen five in similar manner and be done with it.

Predominantly made up of well educated Notre Dame alumni. Rock's House may be a lot of things, but a collection of "Notre Dame haters" they are not.

Also, Swarbrick initially said ND would agree to vacate the games if that was what the NCAA ruled.

That's debatable. They are the most cynical, sanctimonious and self-righteous group of people I have ever had the misfortune to read. If they are not ND haters, they complain about every single aspect of Notre Dame.

What is your purpose here? Do you really think you are going to convince the posters on this board that ND received a square deal from the NCAA?

That's debatable. They are the most cynical, sanctimonious and self-righteous group of people I have ever had the misfortune to read. If they are not ND haters, they complain about every single aspect of Notre Dame.

What is your purpose here? Do you really think you are going to convince the posters on this board that ND received a square deal from the NCAA?

I just thought it was worth pointing out that some hard core ND fans do feel that ND received a fair deal. UNC not getting what they deserve does not set the bar.

The home fans almost ALWAYS think the NCAA was unfair "in this case". See USC, Penn State, Alabama etc etc. There are Michigan fans who think that the Big Ten banners the Fab Five won should be put back up in Crisler Arena. I think that is nuts, as they and the team were guilty as hell.

Reactions: 8th Man

It's clear the poster you are referring to isn't a serious person. His only purpose is to be a troll. In his latest attempt to advance his "argument" (nothing he's offered so far has been intellectually honest enough to be called an "argument") he links to an unscientific poll that asks a false question. The players in question were not ineligible when they played. "Knowing they were ineligible" is actually a very big deal because "knowing they were ineligible" would require a time machine. Everyone agrees, including the NCAA, that at the time no coach or administrator had any idea the players had cheated. If they had known, they wouldn't have allowed them to play. The fact that the NCAA retroactively declared them ineligible is the main reason the NCAA's decision is controversial because punishing a school for something they could not have known at the time and involved someone who wasn't a coach, an administrator, or a person involved in academic advising is something the NCAA has never done before. Never.

So who gives a crap if some random ND fans respond to some hypothetical question that has nothing to do with what actually happened? Anyone who would advance that stupid question to bolster their "argument" can only be described as a troll.

It's clear the poster you are referring to isn't a serious person. His only purpose is to be a troll. In his latest attempt to advance his "argument" (nothing he's offered so far has been intellectually honest enough to be called an "argument") he links to an unscientific poll that asks a false question. The players in question were not ineligible when they played. "Knowing they were ineligible" is actually a very big deal because "knowing they were ineligible" would require a time machine. Everyone agrees, including the NCAA, that at the time no coach or administrator had any idea the players had cheated. If they had known, they wouldn't have allowed them to play. The fact that the NCAA retroactively declared them ineligible is the main reason the NCAA's decision is controversial because punishing a school for something they could not have known at the time and involved someone who wasn't a coach, an administrator, or a person involved in academic advising is something the NCAA has never done before. Never.

So who gives a crap if some random ND fans respond to some hypothetical question that has nothing to do with what actually happened? Anyone who would advance that stupid question to bolster their "argument" can only be described as a troll.

Players represent ND. They knew they had cheated. Therefore, ND knew.

Ohio State attempted to make the same argument when Tressel used ineligible players. "Ohio State didn't know what Tressel was doing!". USC claimed the same thing wrt to Reggie Bush. "You can't blame USC! WE didn't cheat! It was just Reggie!".

Ohio State attempted to make the same argument when Tressel used ineligible players. "Ohio State didn't know what Tressel was doing!". USC claimed the same thing wrt to Reggie Bush. "You can't blame USC! WE didn't cheat! It was just Reggie!".
Just stop. You keep barfing up stuff that has nothing to do with actual rules or cases. "Players" don't officially represent ND any more than "students" do, because "player" and "student" are supposed to mean the same thing. Student-to-student cheating all by itself has never been an infraction.

This will almost certainly be the last thing I say directly to you because you are obviously incapable of engaging in honest discussion.

so, the .01%

Have you noticed since the original ruling came down from the NCAA, ND has changed it's dealings with players who get into trouble? Res Life has been cut out of the process. It appears to go from coach to Jack Swarbrick and then Father Jenkins. Decision reached and announced by Coach Kelly as team rules violation and that's it. They should have handled the frozen five in similar manner and be done with it.

I didn't hear that Reslife got cut out? how is that even possible since they would field all initial complaints?

Just stop. You keep barfing up stuff that has nothing to do with actual rules or cases. "Players" don't officially represent ND any more than "students" do, because "player" and "student" are supposed to mean the same thing. Student-to-student cheating all by itself has never been an infraction.

This will almost certainly be the last thing I say directly to you because you are obviously incapable of engaging in honest discussion.

The person involved was a Notre Dame employee. I read she had to sign some sort form where she stated she was a representative. Go read ND Nation for the entire breakdown. That is, if you are not afraid of honest discussion...

The person involved was a Notre Dame employee. I read she had to sign some sort form where she stated she was a representative. Go read ND Nation for the entire breakdown. That is, if you are not afraid of honest discussion...

That's the absolute last place I would go for honest discussion. If you are so fond of the site, by all means, go join up and post there. But don't drag that crap over here.

If the players ruled decided they had not violated school policy does the NCAA drop the case ala UNC? cuz they're University Representatives you know.

Has ND ever vacated Wins before?

And, if cheating was available to all students ala No. Car. does that then make cheating a curriculum option and acceptable?

Keep your heads up ND. There are very few universities public or private who have the academic reputation that your school has. And for anyone to take shots at you over this is pure jealousy (Michigan, your day is coming with the nutjob you have for a coach. It wouldn't surprise me at all for recruiting sanctions to be coming down the road for you guys. Either way in the end you will regret the day you hired that idiot if you don't already. And you definitely don't have room to being throwing stones from your glass house).
It amazes me how the schools who do things the right way are the ines who get hit the hardest. You guys self report and self impose penalties yet are hit harder than unc and various other schools who have cheated repeatedly gotten caught, told the NCAA to pound sand. Yet they get punished considerably less than your school. It has been that way for a long time. Any school to polices itself as it should and come so clean as soon as it finds any wrong doing. Then takes steps to self impose penalties to get in front of the issue, always ends up get shafted by the NCAA in the end. Yet schools like UNC, Auburn, Ole Miss, Baylor, and ,any others end up coming out smelling like roses. Even after lying to the NCAA and trying to cover up their wrong doing from the start. It is pathetic.
Keep your heads up. This too shall pass.

You're an idiot, look how you phrased your question.
What is this? Some BS question that's not even related to this case on an obscure internet board that's well documented to be a bunch of whining little snowflakes such as yourself, then pass it off as some legitimate poll. I've seen some obtuse trolls on this board but you take the cake. You are obviously here just to troll so welcome to my ignore list. I suggest you go back to your whining ND hating friends on that other board. You will find no such support for your drivel here.

You're an idiot, look how you phrased your question.

What is this? Some BS question that's not even related to this case on an obscure internet board that's well documented to be a bunch of whining little snowflakes such as yourself, then pass it off as some legitimate poll. I've seen some obtuse trolls on this board but you take the cake. You are obviously here just to troll so welcome to my ignore list. I suggest you go back to your whining ND hating friends on that other board. You will find no such support for your drivel here.

ND Nation is not an obscure internet board. If anything, it is probably the most famous Notre Dame fan board. And it seems you are the one who is melting down...

24386342146_08255fd0d9_o.gif

Last edited:
Keep your heads up ND. There are very few universities public or private who have the academic reputation that your school has. And for anyone to take shots at you over this is pure jealousy (Michigan, your day is coming with the nutjob you have for a coach. It wouldn't surprise me at all for recruiting sanctions to be coming down the road for you guys. Either way in the end you will regret the day you hired that idiot if you don't already. And you definitely don't have room to being throwing stones from your glass house).
It amazes me how the schools who do things the right way are the ines who get hit the hardest. You guys self report and self impose penalties yet are hit harder than unc and various other schools who have cheated repeatedly gotten caught, told the NCAA to pound sand. Yet they get punished considerably less than your school. It has been that way for a long time. Any school to polices itself as it should and come so clean as soon as it finds any wrong doing. Then takes steps to self impose penalties to get in front of the issue, always ends up get shafted by the NCAA in the end. Yet schools like UNC, Auburn, Ole Miss, Baylor, and ,any others end up coming out smelling like roses. Even after lying to the NCAA and trying to cover up their wrong doing from the start. It is pathetic.

so, your a GA Bulldog in NC?

so, your a GA Bulldog in NC?
No, I am a Dawg in Georgia. Holly Spring Georgia, is in Cherokee County. Which is about 30 miles north af Atlanta. Who never really cared for Norte Dame the team. But always respected your institution. But then I made the trip up for the game his year. And fell in love with the area around the Campus, but more so fell in love with the people. I have never met a bunch of more polite and nice people in my life. We brought a ton of people up there and kinda invaded the area. And I guess I had just grown accustomed to a few of the SEC fan bases who, well lets just say aren't near as accomadating, or polite. But you folks made us feel welcome and we're the nicest and most fun people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting throughout the week, and tailgating with on game day. And we're just all around gracious host from the ticket takers to the fans, even after the game was over.
So to say you guys made a fan of your school for life is an understatement. I hope we can return the favor when you guys make the trip to Athens. But we will have a big task to live up to the way we were treated. But we are gonna give it our best shot.
And on saturdays from now on, I am all Dawg first and foremost, but I will be pulling for you guys as well. Except for when you guys play us of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHJIndy and NDSMC78

thank you for your kind words. I long for the day when the scoreboard aligns with our other reputation. Still I recall you have such a school in your hood...

fb7f74792540f81b586c819e495ff93569456bdcc7cc4102e8ec051d394cb4fc.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT