My hope for Alize Jones 2018

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
1. Go back to wearing #10
2. BK not giving a 'ish about him being a complete TE and flex him more
3. Becoming more of a Devin Funchess type player
4. Find your GD confidence young man

There is very little impact of ND TE’s in recent years. The decline in offensive involvement has been noticeable. But so far that has not affected TE recruiting.

This isn't all on Alize. Wimbush has to stop sailing the ball and putting guys in danger with high passes. He really has been a big disappointment from the air this year! That said, he has us at 9-2 vs. one of our toughest schedules in years. But he needs to develop and the receivers will improve.

There is very little impact of ND TE’s in recent years. The decline in offensive involvement has been noticeable. But so far that has not affected TE recruiting.

Alize has been the 3rd most targeted receiver on the team this year. And that's with him missing a game. Smythe has been the 5th most targeted.

The TE's were pretty much non existent in 2015, when the group came into the season with I think one reception and almost no experience. But they've been more inovlved this year, even with the overall passing attempts being down significantly.

LINK

Last edited:
So hard to tell with this young man. 32 catches comb8ned in ‘15 and ‘17 with a year missing in-between. Definitely a combination of drops, bad throws, wrong routes, lack of confidence, etc. He will get his chance next year to be “the man,” but will have some competition for sure.

Take bad throws out of the mix.....
When the ball hits him directly in the hands - he tends to drop it.

Athletic freak with great body size or not - if you can't catch you need to play a different position. Or be a blocking TE 100% of the time.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
I rewatched the game last night and the third and two throw late, while ahead of him, was catchable. Contrast his effort to the efforts of the Navy players on their very few passing attempts, particularly the fullback who extended himself to make a diving catch that led to their second TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT