ADVERTISEMENT

MOST FUN...

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
You've had at a LIVE ND game in :
ND 38 - Texas 10 (1978 Cotton Bowl) National Championship
ND 49 - USC 19 (1977 Home Game) Green Jersey
ND 31 - Florida State 24 (1993 Home Game)
ND 34 - W Virginia 21 (1989 Fiesta Bowl) National Championship
ND 27 - USC 10 (1988 Tony Rice to the Rocket from the end zone!)
ND 22 - USC 13 (2012 Coliseum win to get to Natty)
ND 20 - UCLA 17 (2006 Home Game) Jeff’s Catch and Run (celebrating with my 9 year old son!)

Was a Freshman in 1974 so I missed the USC game in '73 and didn't attend the Miami or Michigan games in the 80s.... We snuck a case of beer in for the Cotton Bowl route in '78! Were so happy we were rolling in the grass, laughing after the game... Had a BOUNDER mobile home with a bunch of buddies parked in the lot for the whole weekend for Fla State (that was great!) Attended the last two nattys but didn't join my friends for Alabama in 2012 (will go this year when we run the table!)

10/1/1960...a blow out loss to Purdue, but it was my first home game that I can actually remember attending though old Polaroids show that I had attended earlier games, but I was too young to remember. My Pop took me to the old book store and bought me a felt Notre Dame pennant which now hangs in my youngest grandson's room. That day is #1 on my list. August 28, 1999 against Kansas. That game started a streak of something like attending 125 consecutive home games that is still alive. Other fun and notable games that are etched in my coconut forever is USC 2005 and 2017 and Stanford 2012. I was also at the "Rudy" game against Georgia Tech. Field bleachers in the north end zone. No memory of Rudy getting carried off or crowd chanting "Rudy", and I was sitting just below the student section.

Reactions: shooter1977
You've had at a LIVE ND game in :
ND 38 - Texas 10 (1978 Cotton Bowl) National Championship
ND 49 - USC 19 (1977 Home Game) Green Jersey
ND 31 - Florida State 24 (1993 Home Game)
ND 34 - W Virginia 21 (1989 Fiesta Bowl) National Championship
ND 27 - USC 10 (1988 Tony Rice to the Rocket from the end zone!)
ND 22 - USC 13 (2012 Coliseum win to get to Natty)
ND 20 - UCLA 17 (2006 Home Game) Jeff’s Catch and Run (celebrating with my 9 year old son!)

Was a Freshman in 1974 so I missed the USC game in '73 and didn't attend the Miami or Michigan games in the 80s.... We snuck a case of beer in for the Cotton Bowl route in '78! Were so happy we were rolling in the grass, laughing after the game... Had a BOUNDER mobile home with a bunch of buddies parked in the lot for the whole weekend for Fla State (that was great!) Attended the last two nattys but didn't join my friends for Alabama in 2012 (will go this year when we run the table!)
Fiesta Bowl v WVU - Crazy time after the game at a massive ASU bar called the Devil House
USC 77
Michigan in 79
Cotton Bowl v Texas in 77
Miami 88
USC 89
ASU game in Dallas in 2013
Bama 80

Really too many to recollect all of them

Was at the 1978 Cotton Bowl with a ton of Texas fans who began the day estate! Soon after the game started Wooster (All-American Texas Running back) got his face mask busted and fumbled. It was all Irish from there on.

Was at the 1978 Cotton Bowl with a ton of Texas fans who began the day estate! Soon after the game started Wooster (All-American Texas Running back) got his face mask busted and fumbled. It was all Irish from there on.
#4 Irish demolished #1 Texas. #3 Bama demolished #8 OSU in the Sugar. #2 Oklahoma was beaten. Pollsters rightly gave the title to ND. Irish jumped Bama because pollsters figured smashing #1 is more impressive than smashing #8. Did I confuse everyone?

Reactions: Kelso86
a little younger than you guys, the 1st game I ever remember watching was the '88 national championship game and i was 6 years old. My dad said ND was close to us (about 30 min away) so I decided to cheer for them.
5) I didnt really get how big the FSU game in 93 was but I remember being excited about the ending.
4) UCLA 06 - I thought for sure we were heading for a mid tier bowl game and the BQ and Shark pulled it out.
3) '06 MIchigan St - down so much at half our watch party cleared out except for a few of us that said we were gluttons for punishment. Then the miracle in the monsoon ensued.
2) '12 USC - really i was so nervous I only enjoyed it after the goal line stand, but in my memory this is 1 of the best.
1) TIE - blowouts of Michigan (37* - 0) and USC (49-14). I was watching these games with a smile on my face the whole time wondering who was this team playing in the gold helmets?

Reactions: Kelso86
37-0 vs Michigan was a blast to be at. Great night, great weather, and the Irish played awesome. Michigan fans were in agony.....was fun to see.

October 15, 1988 ND over Miami
November 13, 1993 ND over FSU
September 1982 The night they turn the lights on at ND Stadium (Michigan)

#4 Irish demolished #1 Texas. #3 Bama demolished #8 OSU in the Sugar. #2 Oklahoma was beaten. Pollsters rightly gave the title to ND. Irish jumped Bama because pollsters figured smashing #1 is more impressive than smashing #8. Did I confuse everyone?
Bama was done in by their Sugar Bowl tie in. #8 Ohio State was the best opponent they could muster, and that was the difference.

The best game I attended was the OT game against Pitt in 2012. i went through numerous highs and lows that game. Still can't believe we won that game in triple OT after fumbling on the goal line and Pitt kicker missing a chip shot field goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT