ADVERTISEMENT

Morrison decision day!!!

Freeman is doing an incredible job on the recruiting trail. I’m VERY hopeful that his coaching abilities match, or exceed, his ability to bring in talented players.

Big time pickup. Wow.
A lad who played Pop Warner in a Miami uniform commits to Notre Dame. Hell yeah.

Brophy is the BIG name in Phoenix high schools, as Saint Ignatius:SanFrancisco, Don Boscoe:NJ etc etc. The school has a reputation that the boy's [all male] drive from North Scottsdale in Daddy's 2nd BMW. I've seen social media complaints from people who likely never set foot on their campus.

We are blessed to have Mr Morrison and the Catholic School system.

I like the position flexibility his commitment gives us. He seems to be a field corner or nickel. But he allows us to use Devin Moore or Bellamy at safety. Mickey, Morrison, Bellamy and Moore were recruited for CB but Moore and Bellamy can play safety apparently. We have a new safety coach. We have to get some safeties or we will start hearing criticism of him like we do with Del Alexander.

Nwankpa is the jewel. Don't hear much about Pope.

Great pickup and loved his commitment video. Right up there with Daylin Hayes. Dang I wish our offense could win some battles like Freeman has done consistently!

Huge step in the right direction combined with last year
Agree Nasty. Freeman is getting a ton of accolades for this year’s defense recruiting, all well deserved. But, this shouldn’t be at Mickens’ expense as he has done one hell of a job recruiting defensive backs. You always have to look at recruiting in the context of consecutive years to fully gauge it’s impact, and last year‘s defensive backs signed by Mickens is an impressive group. Take this years commits, and add last year’s group of Barnes and Walters and Riley and Lewis, and we are seeing a massive upgrade in the skill set and speed of our secondary.

Our defensive recruiting is now elite. We need the offensive recruiting to pick it up. If we can do that, watch out.

Reactions: tbonesays
ADVERTISEMENT