ADVERTISEMENT

Moore x’s 2

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021
The two biggest recruits still on the board for 2023. ND has a good shot with both. The two Moores are our biggest recruits in 2023 outside of Keeley. How fitting they have the same last name. Both are monster top 20 level recruits and potential first round picks. I think Moore (DL) is the biggest recruit in the class based on my review. I watched all his highlights. He’s a future top 10 draft pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
The two biggest recruits still on the board for 2023. ND has a good shot with both. The two Moores are our biggest recruits in 2023 outside of Keeley. How fitting they have the same last name. Both are monster top 20 level recruits and potential first round picks. I think Moore (DL) is the biggest recruit in the class based on my review. I watched all his highlights. He’s a future top 10 draft pick.
So you listened to the podcast too, huh?

Dante Moore is definitely number 1.

Jason Moore may be the next highest rated but don't think he's the next most important.

WR and CB are much bigger needs. Someone in one of those 2 would be second most important

Dante Moore is definitely number 1.

Jason Moore may be the next highest rated but don't think he's the next most important.

WR and CB are much bigger needs. Someone in one of those 2 would be second most important

We can’t recruit corner. Come on. You know better.

Plus I want to win a natty before Buchner graduates. I think Jason is bigger for that.

We can’t recruit corner. Come on. You know better.

Plus I want to win a natty before Buchner graduates. I think Jason is bigger for that.
Yes we can recruit corner number 1.

If you truly believe that, then that would make getting a solid to good corner even more important

We have a ton of studs at DL. The need at corner and wr is bigger.

And I'm a huge Jason Moore fan and really hope we land him

Yes we can recruit corner number 1.

If you truly believe that, then that would make getting a solid to good corner even more important

We have a ton of studs at DL. The need at corner and wr is bigger.

And I'm a huge Jason Moore fan and really hope we land him

If anyone can recruit corners it is this group of coaches. Historically we have not been very good in the last 30 years. Possibly the most important position coach with recruiting because we are strong everywhere else most years.

About CBs its weird; through the 70's and 80's into the beginning of the 90's we could get them.

Suddenly we could not. We have been able to get safeties but not corners. The only defensive position we have been unable to get stars.

Love Jason Moore. I had a break at work today and watched like 2 hours of film on he and Dante and a little bit of Buchner too. I did watch the podcast too 😂
So you're why the supply chain is broken down in the country. That damn recruiting 🚬😎

About CBs its weird; through the 70's and 80's into the beginning of the 90's we could get them.

Suddenly we could not. We have been able to get safeties but not corners. The only defensive position we have been unable to get stars.
Would you say Darrin Walls is the last big time recruit @ CB we got???

If anyone can recruit corners it is this group of coaches. Historically we have not been very good in the last 30 years. Possibly the most important position coach with recruiting because we are strong everywhere else most years.
I don't think they stress it enough.

We need one more

I can't believe you have not been hired as a pro scout.

USC better start bringing in some elite OL guys and soon the way we've been recruiting in the front seven or they'll get hammered score wise because bringing all these elite 5 star skilled players like they are isn't going to mean nothing if you don't have guys to give the QB time to pass and lanes for a RB to run through

USC better start bringing in some elite OL guys and soon the way we've been recruiting in the front seven or they'll get hammered score wise because bringing all these elite 5 star skilled players like they are isn't going to mean nothing if you don't have guys to give the QB time to pass and lanes for a RB to run through
I hope they don’t.

In this era SC gets to instantly reload without recruiting a new team. They poached Caleb WIlliams, the star QB from Oklahoma who knows Lincoln Riley's system and does not have to wait a year.

In this era SC gets to instantly reload without recruiting a new team. They poached Caleb WIlliams, the star QB from Oklahoma who knows Lincoln Riley's system and does not have to wait a year.

You don’t just put together a rag tag group and instantly find success. They have no culture, no relationship, no idea what system they’re in. I think next year they’ll be good. This year is going to be a rough draft of SC I think. But we should stay ahead of the curve with our recruiting. It’s going to be a challenge for anyone to beat ND if they continue recruiting like they are. 2 more classes like this and we are easily as talented as the great Ohio State teams of the past. SC will struggle against that no matter how well they recruit of poach from the portal.

You don’t just put together a rag tag group and instantly find success. They have no culture, no relationship, no idea what system they’re in. I think next year they’ll be good. This year is going to be a rough draft of SC I think. But we should stay ahead of the curve with our recruiting. It’s going to be a challenge for anyone to beat ND if they continue recruiting like they are. 2 more classes like this and we are easily as talented as the great Ohio State teams of the past. SC will struggle against that no matter how well they recruit of poach from the portal.
The odds makers in Las Vegas would disagree, they rank USC pretty high, higher than ND in terms of winning the NC

The odds makers in Las Vegas would disagree, they rank USC pretty high, higher than ND in terms of winning the NC

Well, can’t argue with Vegas, but those odds will change when our class finishes top 2. That’s not accounting for the kids that are likely to pick ND like Jason Moore. And that’s also a bit strange since I bet ND is favored vs USC this year. If they are betting USC over ND this year, I’d take the odds. Vegas is often wrong because there are factors not considered. I just don’t trust a rag tag “Longest Yard” type team beating anyone. The talent is there, but USC is going to struggle with penalties, timing, kids understanding the offense and defense. Hell, many of them probably haven’t even established a relationship. While they’re building a semi pro team, ND is recruiting 4-5 star kids and building a culture and community. Riley, for all his greatness as an OC, has not won many big games he was supposed to win.

What I will say, is this rivalry is NOT going to see the dearth it saw with Charlie vs. Poodle and the dearth it saw with Kelly vs. the Morons. This rivalry is on and it’s going to lead to epic showdowns. I see perennial top 10 for both with playoff implications yearly. It’s going to be fun! I think it’s a renewed rivalry second to none as I foresee Michigan collapsing. They can’t recruit (ND took literally every single recruit they wanted) and Harbaugh wants out.

It’s going to be incredibly difficult for any team in the nation to match us in the trenches. Watch Freeman repeat this recruiting performance in 2024 and we are Bama in the trenches. One thing you know about Freeman, he’s going to recruit a top 5 team every year. He’s not going to suddenly suck at relationships and recruiting. Who’s going to be confident about beating that team when he hires guys like Al Golden?

Last edited:
Well, can’t argue with Vegas, but those odds will change when our class finishes top 2. That’s not accounting for the kids that are likely to pick ND like Jason Moore. And that’s also a bit strange since I bet ND is favored vs USC this year. If they are betting USC over ND this year, I’d take the odds. Vegas is often wrong because there are factors not considered. I just don’t trust a rag tag “Longest Yard” type team beating anyone. The talent is there, but USC is going to struggle with penalties, timing, kids understanding the offense and defense. Hell, many of them probably haven’t even established a relationship. While they’re building a semi pro team, ND is recruiting 4-5 star kids and building a culture and community. Riley, for all his greatness as an OC, has not won many big games he was supposed to win.

What I will say, is this rivalry is NOT going to see the dearth it saw with Charlie vs. Poodle and the dearth it saw with Kelly vs. the Morons. This rivalry is on and it’s going to lead to epic showdowns. I see perennial top 10 for both with playoff implications yearly. It’s going to be fun! I think it’s a renewed rivalry second to none as I foresee Michigan collapsing. They can’t recruit (ND took literally every single recruit they wanted) and Harbaugh wants out.

It’s going to be incredibly difficult for any team in the nation to match us in the trenches. Watch Freeman repeat this recruiting performance in 2024 and we are Bama in the trenches. One thing you know about Freeman, he’s going to recruit a top 5 team every year. He’s not going to suddenly suck at relationships and recruiting. Who’s going to be confident about beating that team when he hires guys like Al Golden?
Who we bring in next year has zero effect on our odds for this year

That's because they have a proven coach and a much easier schedule, USC should have higher odds right now.

Look at our schedule in comparison to theirs and they have a proven coach, they absolutely should.
We have a much better team, a much better culture, and a better coaching staff. They have an easier schedule.

We'll be ranked higher in all the polls. We're the better team and program right now and its not close.

We should have better odds but we dont. Who cares

and a better coaching staff.
Based on what? I love Freeman but he's not proven. Riley has made playoff appearances and this is Freeman's first head coaching job.

Not that Notre Dame's staff won't prove to be better in the long run but as of right now? USC's is going to look better to anyone who isn't a Notre Dame fan.

Based on what? I love Freeman but he's not proven. Riley has made playoff appearances and this is Freeman's first head coaching job.

Not that Notre Dame's staff won't prove to be better in the long run but as of right now? USC's is going to look better to anyone who isn't a Notre Dame fan.
Balis
Heistand
Mcculough
Golden
Rees
Etc
Etc

I would take our coaching staff over theirs any day.

Balis
Heistand
Mcculough
Golden
Rees
Etc
Etc

I would take our coaching staff over theirs any day.
Looking at it that way I would agree, but the average bettor isn't going to look at it that way. They'll see the far easier schedule and the first time head coach vs one that's made it to two playoffs.

That said I think Notre Dame will end up being a juggernaut under Freeman, he just hasn't had a chance to prove it yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT