ADVERTISEMENT

Mods

Yooper Irishfan

I've posted how many times?
Jan 31, 2005
@Bryan Driskell

I have never called out anybody on this forum in the 13 years that I've been a part of this board. I've always believed that it's best to understand any forum on the internet isn't a place to be if you have thin skin, and that the ignore function is to be used if something turns you off about somebody.

That said, please take a look at the "Marist Liufau" and tell me that @FriedmanIP doesn't break these forum rules over and over and over again:

Rule: No personal attacks on anybody; fellow posters, BlueandGold.com and Rivals staff, Notre Dame coaches and players, etc. We encourage dialogue, different opinions and respectful arguments. Name-calling will not be tolerated on these forums, nor will constant attacks of our business practices. BlueandGold.com reserves the right to moderate these posts as they see fit

By my count, in that thread alone he referred to other posters as:

Stupid - 9 times
Idiot/Idiotic - 8 times
Moron - 3 times
Retard - Once
Fool - Once

He's the most condescending person I've ever seen on any internet forum, and he's almost single handedly ruining this board. If this is sort of dialogue is now allowed, I'm out. He'll be added to my ignore list, and I suspect others will do that as well, but I would also expect to see less traffic on this site the more he posts and turns people off.

You'll need to report any posts where those offenses are taking place. This is a free board and none of us have the time nor we will be able to make the time to go through threads on this board. If you want something dealt with you need to report the posts so we can then pull them up and deal with them.

tenor.gif

Wow the mod zapped/deleted that entire thread that was full of fantastic dialogue. Wow! What an epic fail.

Next time, just use the ignore feature, don't ever call the mods over here again please.

Last edited:
@Bryan Driskell

I have never called out anybody on this forum in the 13 years that I've been a part of this board. I've always believed that it's best to understand any forum on the internet isn't a place to be if you have thin skin, and that the ignore function is to be used if something turns you off about somebody.

That said, please take a look at the "Marist Liufau" and tell me that @FriedmanIP doesn't break these forum rules over and over and over again:

Rule: No personal attacks on anybody; fellow posters, BlueandGold.com and Rivals staff, Notre Dame coaches and players, etc. We encourage dialogue, different opinions and respectful arguments. Name-calling will not be tolerated on these forums, nor will constant attacks of our business practices. BlueandGold.com reserves the right to moderate these posts as they see fit

Stupid - 9 times
Idiot/Idiotic - 8 times
Moron - 3 times
Retard - Once
Fool - Once

He's the most condescending person I've ever seen on any internet forum, and he's almost single handedly ruining this board. If this is sort of dialogue is now allowed, I'm out. He'll be added to my ignore list, and I suspect others will do that as well, but I would also expect to see less traffic on this site the more he posts and turns people off.

tenor.gif

Reactions: zro pts4u
Is the thread gone? Ahh missed a good read on a snowy sh!t NY night

It's all good it's the free board, posters who collectively spend hours writing about Notre Dame but who don't pay for a subscription don't even deserve the decency of having their on topic content stay published. Despite the fact that a lot of content on the 'free' board is better than the stuff on the premium one. Which only generates more users/traffic/and potential future premium subscribers to the site.

What a shame that the entire thread was carelessly deleted like that.

Reactions: 8th Man
It's all good it's the free board, posters who collectively spend hours writing about Notre Dame but who don't pay for a subscription don't even deserve the decency of having their on topic content stay published. Despite the fact that a lot of content on the 'free' board is better than the stuff on the premium one. Which only generates more users/traffic/and potential future premium subscribers to the site.

What a shame that the entire thread was carelessly deleted like that.
giphy.gif

@Bryan Driskell

Stupid - 9 times
Idiot/Idiotic - 8 times
Moron - 3 times
Retard - Once
Fool - Once

TkS6Ww8.gif

@Bryan Driskell

Stupid - 9 times
Idiot/Idiotic - 8 times
Moron - 3 times
Retard - Once
Fool - Once

I find him entertaining. I blame the President.:D

@Bryan Driskell

Stupid - 9 times
Idiot/Idiotic - 8 times
Moron - 3 times
Retard - Once
Fool - Once

lol

I have to admit that Friedman's responses on this thread are hilarious. The ironic thing is that in a thread where the moderator states that the "OP will have to specifically identify where the offending poster is doing this", the offending poster does it in the exact same thread where the moderator responded. LOL. Either the Moderator is very lazy or Friedman is greasing the wheels.:p:D In any case, funny stuff.

I have to admit that Friedman's responses on this thread are hilarious. The ironic thing is that in a thread where the moderator states that the "OP will have to specifically identify where the offending poster is doing this", the offending poster does it in the exact same thread where the moderator responded. LOL. Either the Moderator is very lazy or Friedman is greasing the wheels.:p:D In any case, funny stuff.

Agree. Classic example of an emboldened dick.

Reactions: irontooth123

tenor.gif

My problem with friedman has nothing to do with disagreement. and i don't even mind the name calling all that much either (i just don't want it to turn off other potential posters who are offering a lot of value in their posts). generally that stuff doesn't affect me and is pretty easy to ignore.

my issue is the comment spam/derailing otherwise good discussion that is taking place and then posting over and over to the point where the spam/ comments are drowning out other poster's ideas. but even then you can just use the ignore feature.

when friedman isn't behaving like a petulant child who doesn't get enough attention at home, he brings a unique take to the discussion/community and i think he's otherwise a logical thinker/intelligent poster. i had to ignore him though when the comment spam to value ratio went too far to the left

Last edited:
Friedman is a well-known ogre in Jewish lore. Many a child were scared into behaving in fear that "The Friedman" would come at night and take them away.

ADVERTISEMENT