ADVERTISEMENT

Media Rights

You mean a handshake agreement with nothing in writing??? For $75 million???? Do you really think Notre Dame is that stupid????

NBC has absolutely NO power over what happens in the Big 12 for another year and a half. Do you REALLY think Notre Dame doesn’t know this???

Unless FOX and ESPN has given NBC permission for NBC to talk to the Big 12, NBC can’t legally or contractually promise squat for another year and a half.
I don't know what you mean, but I am sure any contract ESPN signed granted them a right to match any offer made by a competing network.

You really don’t understand, do you? No matter what NBC promises Notre Dame wrt the Big 12, both FOX and ESPN can chop them off at the hip over the next year and a half. Now that FOX and ESPN knows what NBC’s strategy is, they can plan accordingly.

The chance of you getting “shoulder programming” wrt the Big 12 is now all but kaput. Along with that is your chance at $75 million unless you join a Conference.

The good News is if you joined a Conference, $75 million would be considered chump change. You would probably get substantially more, which is why I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this wasn’t leaked by someone from within Notre Dame.
No.

I don't know what you mean, but I am sure any contract ESPN signed granted them a right to match any offer made by a competing network.

Unless you mean FOX, there IS no other Network wrt Big 12 “shoulder programming”. ESPN and FOX can do whatever they want wrt the Big 12 for the next year and a half and there is absolutely nothing NBC can do about it.

Unless you mean FOX, there IS no other Network wrt Big 12 “shoulder programming”. ESPN and FOX can do whatever they want wrt the Big 12 for the next year and a half and there is absolutely nothing NBC can do about it.
It depends if they want to keep the league together or not. If they low-ball it then the new Big12 will try to get on a broadcast network.

Forget the GOR for the minor sports...one has to wonder how much the ACC would claim as damages for the breach of the contract that states that, if the Irish join a conference, it would be the ACC ?

1...the damage might be the difference in media funding that the ACC might have received with Notre Dame as a full member for the next ten years. With media experts and ESPN subpoenaed.

2...There might be testimony that certain current ACC members would not have signed the GOR without such incentive.

Forget the GOR for the minor sports...one has to wonder how much the ACC would claim as damages for the breach of the contract that states that, if the Irish join a conference, it would be the ACC ?

1...the damage might be the difference in media funding that the ACC might have received with Notre Dame as a full member for the next ten years. With media experts and ESPN subpoenaed.

2...There might be testimony that certain current ACC members would not have signed the GOR without such incentive.
3. Jenkins and Swarbrick would not stand for the public appearance of breaching a contract.

ADVERTISEMENT