ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs NC State

You are a solid fan.

I appreciate what Brey was able to do but I hope he now steps far away from the program and ND starts with a clean sheet. We don’t need Mike Brey involved in hiring the next coach and we don’t need to hire one his former players or assistants. We need a coach who can bring some new energy to recruiting and can coach defense and rebounding. The Brey thing has run its course.

ND needs to find there next coach now. I see one recruit has already from the coop.

You are a solid fan.

I appreciate what Brey was able to do but I hope he now steps far away from the program and ND starts with a clean sheet. We don’t need Mike Brey involved in hiring the next coach and we don’t need to hire one his former players or assistants. We need a coach who can bring some new energy to recruiting and can coach defense and rebounding. The Brey thing has run its course.
Very true. He should retire to Florida and do some broadcasting. Jack Swarbrick hopefully retires before the next coach his hired. He couldn’t care less about winning.

I don't care who the coach is getting one and done talent to a place where basketball will always be second fiddle is extremely difficult. It would be like Duke pulling in top 100 players in football. Ain't happening.
Use the Villanova model … no excuses for ND not to be a competitive ACC team (top third of the league) and tournament team most years. Over the years since leaving Big East ND became less and less interested in rebounding, points in the paint, and team defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
I don't care who the coach is getting one and done talent to a place where basketball will always be second fiddle is extremely difficult. It would be like Duke pulling in top 100 players in football. Ain't happening.
Agree

You don't think they've been trying ?
I think a better statement would have been a "different style, type" of basketball player.

It is probably not for lack of trying, but, Brey recruited to his style of play -- which served him well for 23 years.

Just my humble opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: irishalice
ADVERTISEMENT