ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Next

Marshall has a ton of xfers. 20+, most from D1 and a few SEC. They are more than likely a tougher opponent than Toledo or at least as good.

ND is really lucky the OSU game was not 28-7. We really had one drive. The 3pt was a blown Play and a 15 yard PF. OSU had a wide open TD and then settled for a FG they missed.

Our D played very good, even if it where 28. They can put up points on anyone.

If you watch the replay frame by frame, ND has some real concerns on offense. Mainly with the Line and blocking downfield. There where numerous times where players waved as defenders ran by them to crush a runner or Buch. It’s worse than Quinn last year and this is the same line just with a returning 5 star tackle and a year in the weight room.

Now OSU is going to the playoffs, Marshall does not have that talent or depth but this offense needs some time to bake. I don’t get the line, they should be much better.

The DL was good as holding ground but OSU did not have to max protect. Their OL just kicked our DL’s butts in the pass rush.

We might be 5-7 this year. Maybe like Lou, MF has to switch some talent out. Regardless, 10-2 year after year with no championships for 10+ years it was time to try something different for all parties.

MF has all the makings of a great one. Like I said before. I want to see how he does over 36 games not 1.

I’m honestly worried about this game. It has potential to be like Toledo last year due to our interior oline. I doubt J Pat is back as he wasn’t good enough to play vs osu doubt they use him vs Marshall. I’d guess cal or UNC for his return. Wrs weren’t impressive and oline wasn't. Our D should dominate Marshall but the pressure on them if offense isn’t good will be high.

Think about this, line is 18. Experts say gap between osu and nd is similar gap between nd and Marshall. Alarming.

Rees better have a plan to light up the scoreboard without Buchner taking too many hits.

need to be able to run the ball protect Buchner and throw it at will.

ND needs to be up 30 points at some part of fourth.
It will be a boat race and a great chance to tune up for harder games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT