ADVERTISEMENT

Marijuana trouble

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
On the horizon for team. Rumors from tos that Dex is in hot water for smoking dope like a dope.

On the horizon for team. Rumors from tos that Dex is in hot water for smoking dope like a dope.

It’s been discussed in the other thread.
It’s been known for a few days but not confirmed by ND, so until last night kept quiet. As I mentioned in the other thread there is a reason Dex doesn’t get the opportunities people want from him. This isnt his first time for him either.

It is all Denson" fault. :D

I’m not in the Gug, but evidently Denson was called in for a talking. This is the 3rd RB in less than a year to have this issue under Denson’s watch & he was supposed to handle it.

Not saying it is all the coaches fault however, it is funny how the RB's seem to go the pot dispensaries

I always hold the individual responsible for their own actions, so this is on Dex. But with that being said, as I posted in the other thread, Denson has no relationship with his RBs. All the other position coaches are family with their guys. Then add in that this isn’t Dex’s first time, & two other RBs were also booted, Denson was specifically told to clean it up.

I’m not in the Gug, but evidently Denson was called in for a talking. This is the 3rd RB in less than a year to have this issue under Denson’s watch & he was supposed to handle it.
You should join the Mulluer investigation. :eek:

Reactions: rgc7
You should join the Mulluer investigation. :eek:
I don't get it. What does marijuana use have to do with the Mueller investigation? I don't believe it has shown up in any of the 23 indictments or guilty pleas. Do you know something we don't?

Continuing to imply that this is Denson's "fault" is just ridiculous. Close relationship or not, they are the ones making these poor decisions. The "TEAM" knows the rules, policies, etc., and it is on the TEAM captains (as peers, players and role-models) to watch out for each other.

Just make marijuana legal, and we don’t have this issue. I’d rather people smoke cannabis then drink alcohol.
Not to mention this is most likely a ND given drug test. Unless the kid is being a derelict to the school, team let him effing smoke!

Not to mention this is most likely a ND given drug test. Unless the kid is being a derelict to the school, team let him effing smoke!
Lol. This is just silly. No. It's a rule. He broke it under the supervision of his RB coach who is already under scrutiny. The RB should and will be punished and it will reflect on an already scrutinized rb coach.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Lol. This is just silly. No. It's a rule. He broke it under the supervision of his RB coach who is already under scrutiny. The RB should and will be punished and it will reflect on an already scrutinized rb coach.
It's an opinion and I own it. Maybe you're of the opinion it's ok to go to the bar and drink 15 shots and black out. To each their own, right? Legalize it already.

Last edited:
They're coaches. They shouldn't have to be babysitters. If they'd rather smoke than have a chance to make money playing football so be it. Maybe he can share a room with Stephenson.

Reactions: Pennick4
Even if legalized such as in states like California and Colorado, it's against NCAA rules and can result in loss of eligibility. He accepted the scholarship and the rules attached to it . And yes position coaches in many situations become baby sitters sad but it's just reality

Reactions: rgc7 and TOMMY_23
Interesting how the tune changes when it's one of your own...........just sayin!

They're coaches. They shouldn't have to be babysitters. If they'd rather smoke than have a chance to make money playing football so be it. Maybe he can share a room with Stephenson.
Echo I bet 75% of all college football players have smoked pot at least once in their 4 years at college

Florida kids being Florida kids.

There is a reason ND is slowing down it's recruiting down there and ramping it up in Georgia, Louisiana, Virginia and the Carolinas.

Trouble...

Aaron Lynch
Greg Bryant
Kevin Stepherson
Dexter Williams
Justin Ferguson
Deon McIntosh
Louis Nix (barely hung on)

Busts...

Spencer Boyd
Bruce Heggie
Anthony Rabasa
Mike Heuerman
Michael Deeb
Parker Boudreaux
Corey Holmes
Spencer Perry
Jonathan MacCollister

Up to this point, the state of Florida has been absolutely putrid to Notre Dame under Brian Kelly. 75-80% of the players Kelly has recruited from the sunshine state have been a headache, a bust, or have transferred out.

Only Te'Von Coney, Louis Nix and Tarean Folston really worked out. Robert Hainsey doesn't count. He is a PA kid that spent 1 year down at IMG... That's a lot of wasted effort in recruiting. Let's hope Kevin Austin can buck that trend. By all accounts he's a first class kid.

By comparison, ND had recruited far fewer Georgia kids until recently, but lolk at what they got out of the bunch from the Peach State...

T.J. Jones
Stephon Tuitt
Isaac Rochell
Tyler Newsome

ND only landed 4 players from the state of Georgia under Brian Kelly prior to the 2018 class. 15+ fewer than from the state of Florida. But look at those names. ND batted 1000% on those kids. 4 NFL'ers. Two captains. Zero legal issues and a combined 1 game suspension when Tuitt slept in and missed a meeting.

It's easy to see why they are shifting their focus. Florida kids have in large part, not worked out in South Bend.

Just kick DW off the team and then the problem goes away. I pounded the table that he should play more last year but I thought his drug issues were behind him. Just dump him and hope Flemister and the other freshman develop this year. Someone will step up and fill the void. Let Williams watch the game in street clothes and let him decide whats more important to him. Unless Denson is his dealer then in no way is it AD's fault. Pot heads are pot heads. You cant talk sense into them.

Last edited:
Quietly ND has gotten worse this off season. This team's expected strength was depth. Quietly the players ND would have liked to stay have transferred or gotten in trouble, while players they would quietly welcome leaving are content to stay and graduate (totally understandable). If Williams gets any kind of lengthy suspension, Hayes, Watkins and Williams serve as 3 significant losses in terms of depth, experience and talent. ND fans will simply say "no worries, next man in", but that is a little bit delusional. Shit happens, but ND is losing the wrong guys right now.

I don't get it. What does marijuana use have to do with the Mueller investigation? I don't believe it has shown up in any of the 23 indictments or guilty pleas. Do you know something we don't?

just to clarify

here you go

nditement's to date

Manafort
Gates indicted along with Manafort on 12 counts, including conspiracy against the US, making false statements, and failing to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts. He pleaded not guilty on all counts.
George Papadopoulos this guy supposedly tried to broker meetings between russians and and trump campaign they never occurred and he is identified as a volunteer.
Flynn he is intact changing his plea of lying to not and there appears to be evidence to support this. he is now being funded to fight the government before they were going to financially break him
13 russian nationals
3 companies
Richard Pinedo was charged with identity fraud because had developed software or recommend software to avoid transactions by credit card to seen by authorities. The russian companies were using this
Alex van der Zwaan (he is a dutch lawyer who married a wealthy ukrainian / russian businessman daughter but who represented Gates and Manafort in some dealings . was charged with misleading us govt officials.

Just kick DW off the team and then the problem goes away. I pounded the table that he should play more last year but I thought his drug issues were behind him. Just dump him and hope Flemister and the other freshman develop this year. Someone will step up and fill the void. Let Williams watch the game in street clothes and let him decide whats more important to him. Unless Denson is his dealer then in no way is it AD's fault. Pot heads are pot heads. You cant talk sense intp them.
Hahahahahaha this is why people hate ND. Holier than thou. He smoked weed! Now if he had like pounds of weed in his apartment or was selling I'd understand. Kids not a choir boy, but he gets 5 yards every time he touches the ball! ND needs him if they wanna win 10 games, end of story. My freaking 80 year old father smokes weed, should we throw him in jail? You seriously don't know any normal people that smoke pot? 90% of college kids do!

Pennick when I first saw this thread I thought you might have ran out and were getting desperate

Even if legalized such as in states like California and Colorado, it's against NCAA rules and can result in loss of eligibility. He accepted the scholarship and the rules attached to it . And yes position coaches in many situations become baby sitters sad but it's just reality

it is illegal by federal law

Hahahahahaha this is why people hate ND. Holier than thou. He smoked weed! Now if he had like pounds of weed in his apartment or was selling I'd understand. Kids not a choir boy, but he gets 5 yards every time he touches the ball! ND needs him if they wanna win 10 games, end of story. My freaking 80 year old father smokes weed, should we throw him in jail? You seriously don't know any normal people that smoke pot? 90% of college kids do!

The problem isn’t so much the weed as it is following simple rules, discipline & respect for his coaches, teammates & Umiversity.

There are all kinds of legal things in life people set aside to be responsible. Dex hasn’t shown the ability to do very simple things. If they told the players no sodas the day of a game, and Dex is hammering Pepsi for breakfast then he should be disciplined.

I saw Dex and his demeanor on the sidelines at the Blue Gold game. He is a gray area at best.

Quietly ND has gotten worse this off season. This team's expected strength was depth. Quietly the players ND would have liked to stay have transferred or gotten in trouble, while players they would quietly welcome leaving are content to stay and graduate (totally understandable). If Williams gets any kind of lengthy suspension, Hayes, Watkins and Williams serve as 3 significant losses in terms of depth, experience and talent. ND fans will simply say "no worries, next man in", but that is a little bit delusional. Shit happens, but ND is losing the wrong guys right now.
Such drama. Watkins and Hayes far from significant losses. Not even close. Williams has game breaking ability but what appears to be a 10 cent head. You act like Ross browner and Luther Bradley transferred.

So should the rules be applied based on ability ?

I have zero tolerance for stupid,selfish players.

Reactions: rgc7
Some strange posts here. Williams, and only Williams, is responsible for his actions and decisions. And he should be held to account consistent with Team and school policy. IF the rumors prove accurate and the policy suggests a four game suspension, then he let Himself and his teammates down with a really immature and selfish decision; and as a fan, I’ll miss hoping for one of his breakaway runs, while cheering for our run by committee in his absence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT