ADVERTISEMENT

Manti Teo - Wow. Beach USC Alert

there has tobe concern about quality depth. And the hangover stigma, with OL and DL recruiting is just not keeping pace with skill posistions. CH‘s recruiting damage was clearly much worse than previously thought. And how is the dealing with your NLI agreement being received by recruits?

You never show any facts. All you give is misguided opinions. If someone disagrees with you then outcomes the insults. You need to grow up.
Golson is an excellent poster. We may disagree on some things but he always treats me with respect. You, on the other hand do nothing but insult people.

Reactions: Golson5
I am not sure why you think o line recruiting is so poor. Riley took the job shortly before early LOI day. He currently has three linemen he likes and several months until LOI day. The majority of our o-line is returning. Vorhees is on Outland Trophy watch list and Athlon preseason All-American teams as well as Phil Steele’s preseason All American list. Neilson is also excellent. We have 14 linemen on the team so it would be good to have one or two more, but the scary situation you suggest just doesn't exist.
They were poor last year.

But recruiting has been awful

He landed 1 OL in his 22 class. A middle of the pack 3 star kid

So far in his 23 class, he has landed two 3 star OL, none of them highly regarded

So he's landed 3 guys and none of them are even 4 stars let alone close to elite. He has missed on all of their top OL targets and I don't see any to of the board guys predicted for you at this time.

He tried to get his OL coach who is very good to come over with him from Oklahoma but he decided to stay.

OL is becoming a huge problem for SC if they don't improve and fast

Also, OL wasnt recruited overly well prior to LR and hasn't gotten better with him

I dont know how you can say recruiting OL isn't a problem. It is the biggest problem

He had a couple of weeks to recruit after being hired by SC. He brought the class from being ranked 125 to being ranked sixth. He has last year's line recruiting which includes one of the best linemen in the nation and one of the best in the Pac. Looking at this year class in July is just silly. With NIL, kids will be committing and decommitting all the time in the next few months. It will take time to overcome what Helton left, bhut Riley will end up doing what he has always done.

USC’s line was the highest-graded pass-blocking unit in the Pac-12 last season and the second-highest-graded run-blocking unit. Andrew Vorhees is a preseason All-American returning to play guard. Center Brett Neilon and right guard Justin Dedich were among the highest-graded Pac-12 linemen last season, On passing downs, USC posted the 11th-best sack rate in the country. The allowed pressure rate was 16.7%, the 13th-best mark among the 64 Power Five programs and Notre Dame (average was 20.8%). How the trio of Bobby Haskins, Jonah Monheim, and Courtland Ford work in at the two tackle spots will be worth monitoring, but this figures to be one of the better interior lines, at least in the Pac-12. I am not suggesting SC's line is on par with ND's, but it will be just fine this season.

there has tobe concern about quality depth. And the hangover stigma, with OL and DL recruiting is just not keeping pace with skill posistions. CH‘s recruiting damage was clearly much worse than previously thought. And how is the dealing with your NLI agreement being received by recruits?
You are right about a concern regarding depth. As to keeping up with the skill positions, that is true also but only because the skill position are incredible. I will remind you of what I reminded Golson. USC’s line was the highest-graded pass-blocking unit in the Pac-12 last season and the second highest-graded run-blocking unit. Andrew Vorhees is a preseason All-American returning to play guard. Center Brett Neilon and right guard Justin Dedich were among the highest-graded Pac-12 linemen last season, On passing downs, USC posted the 11th-best sack rate in the country. The allowed pressure rate was 16.7%, the 13th-best mark among the 64 Power Five programs and Notre Dame (average was 20.8%). How the trio of Bobby Haskins, Jonah Monheim, and Courtland Ford work in at the two tackle spots will be worth monitoring, but this figures to be one of the better interior lines, at least in the Pac-12. I am not suggesting SC's line is on par with ND's, but it will be just fine this season.

He had a couple of weeks to recruit after being hired by SC. He brought the class from being ranked 125 to being ranked sixth. He has last year's line recruiting which includes one of the best linemen in the nation and one of the best in the Pac. Looking at this year class in July is just silly. With NIL, kids will be committing and decommitting all the time in the next few months. It will take time to overcome what Helton left, bhut Riley will end up doing what he has always done.

USC’s line was the highest-graded pass-blocking unit in the Pac-12 last season and the second-highest-graded run-blocking unit. Andrew Vorhees is a preseason All-American returning to play guard. Center Brett Neilon and right guard Justin Dedich were among the highest-graded Pac-12 linemen last season, On passing downs, USC posted the 11th-best sack rate in the country. The allowed pressure rate was 16.7%, the 13th-best mark among the 64 Power Five programs and Notre Dame (average was 20.8%). How the trio of Bobby Haskins, Jonah Monheim, and Courtland Ford work in at the two tackle spots will be worth monitoring, but this figures to be one of the better interior lines, at least in the Pac-12. I am not suggesting SC's line is on par with ND's, but it will be just fine this season.
Rose colored glasses post my goodness.

Your OL recruiting is an embarrassment right now

Golson is an excellent poster. We may disagree on some things but he always treats me with respect. You, on the other hand do nothing but insult people.
Are you kidding me? If you don’t agree with Golson he will do nothing but insult you. He has done it to you Bodi.
FYI, if you are going to insult or attack me, then I’m going to dish it right back at you. If you don’t like be insult by me, don’t insult me first.

Reactions: d1042
Are you kidding me? If you don’t agree with Golson he will do nothing but insult you. He has done it to you Bodi.
FYI, if you are going to insult or attack me, then I’m going to dish it right back at you. If you don’t like be insult by me, don’t insult me first.
I could care less about insults. They dont bother me

But what you are saying is not true. I disagree with people all the time and like to debate. Its fun

When people say things that are flatout wrong or ridiculous, thats when I step up and say something

I could care less about insults. They dont bother me

But what you are saying is not true. I disagree with people all the time and like to debate. Its fun

When people say things that are flatout wrong or ridiculous, thats when I step up and say something
STOP COPYING ME !

ADVERTISEMENT