ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Talich

Great article done recently on him. Kid runs a 4.5 and 10.8 in the 100m. I think he absolutely was a steal for ND

Nice article. Thanks for posting. Hope it works out for Luke. You have to respect a kid that decides to take the road less traveled.

There was another story published a couple of days ago in The Athletic about Luke pursuing his dream to play football at ND as a PWO. I commend the article to anyone with a subscription to The Athletic. I must say, after reading the article I am even more impressed with the kid. Turning down scholarship offers from Utah, Washington State and Oregon State to pay his own way as a PWO at ND took a lot of courage. Based upon the article, it doesn't sound like Luke's parents are wealthy, so I am sure the $75K tuition cost will be a significant cost for them to bear. (If ever there was a kid who deserves NIL, he might be it!)

I loved this quote from Luke in the article:

“I know that if I would have gone to any of those other schools , I would have always had that regret in the back of my mind, Geez, I could be playing at Notre Dame. I could have tried that,” Talich said. “I figured I’d give it a shot. If it works out, then great, but if it doesn’t, then I’ll be at peace with, at least I tried.”

You have to root for a kid that is willing to bet on himself.

I was also very impressed to learn that last week, Marcus Freeman and safeties coach Chris O'Leary went all the way up to Cody, Wyoming to pay Luke a home visit, honoring his dream to play at ND with the respect it deserves. The more I read about little things like this that Marcus Freeman does, the more I believe he just gets "it" better than any coach we have had for a long time.

Very fluid stride. What about him at wr? Can’t tell what kind of hands he has but based on him being a multi sport athlete, he can probably catch the ball. Just a thought.

And if he gains significant weight, maybe a receiving TE. Either way, he looks like a contributor somewhere in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT