ADVERTISEMENT

LSU coach Brian Kelly speaks on Notre Dame, Marcus Freeman

Sheesh, the ND fanbase is so dysfunctional...hated Kelly when he was the HC, always floating ideas as to his replacement, yet he leaves and the obsession with him only increases. He coaches LSU now and Marcus Freeman is the HC of ND. I get the context of the post and he had nice things to say but did anyone expect differently? He played the politically correct card and wouldn't put any credibility to what he said or wanted to say...Let it go and Roll Tide, only because my Son-in-Law is a fan, if not, couldn't care less as to who comes out on top. I'll be focused on the ND vs Clemson game, cheering on my beloved Irish! GO IRISH!

Sheesh, the ND fanbase is so dysfunctional...hated Kelly when he was the HC, always floating ideas as to his replacement, yet he leaves and the obsession with him only increases. He coaches LSU now and Marcus Freeman is the HC of ND. I get the context of the post and he had nice things to say but did anyone expect differently? He played the politically correct card and wouldn't put any credibility to what he said or wanted to say...Let it go and Roll Tide, only because my Son-in-Law is a fan, if not, couldn't care less as to who comes out on top. I'll be focused on the ND vs Clemson game, cheering on my beloved Irish! GO IRISH!
👍

Reactions: NDinNJ
So I understand this correctly.....a thread about Kelly is started....yielding, what, 5 responses so far? And that is "dysfunctional" but "Let it go and Roll Tide" isn't? Okey-Dokey.

So I understand this correctly.....a thread about Kelly is started....yielding, what, 5 responses so far? And that is "dysfunctional" but "Let it go and Roll Tide" isn't? Okey-Dokey.
You guys are completely awful, toxic haters, and still very much are. Merely labeling you 'dysfunctional' is being extremely generous about it. And the only reason you're not still carrying on right now is 'cause LSU is 6-2 and ND is 5-3.

The majority of posters on here under "normal" circumstances are pretty much harmless and useless. But when you introduce Brian Kelly into the conversation...Lol! They instantly morph in a group of unhinged lunatics and unstable crackpots living in permanent state of denial and delusion.

I mean it took Kelly like 30 seconds to take a grease fire, 6-7 program with 39 scholarship players and make them relevant. The guy can coach football.

Reactions: jbarry623
The majority of posters on here under "normal" circumstances are pretty much harmless and useless. But when you introduce Brian Kelly into the conversation...Lol! They instantly morph in a group of unhinged lunatics and unstable crackpots living in permanent state of denial and delusion.

I mean it took Kelly like 30 seconds to take a grease fire, 6-7 program with 39 scholarship players and make them relevant. The guy can coach football.
👍

Kelly did a good job here. But he left ND for a bigger paycheck. Exactly what loyalty do we owe him? I really don't care if he succeeds or fails. Either way he will get paid.

Reactions: NDinNJ and ftnfan62
Kelly is portrayed on this board as if he were shown the door....he wasn't. He left ND; not the other way around. I am glad he's gone...because I won't forget his job interview with the NFL on the eve of the national championship game. His loyalties are clearly divided...and always have been. Sure, its a business. But Kelly lacks character where it counts...he credits himself for successes...and blames others for failures. Dabo Swinney took full responsibility for Clemson's effort and loss....he blamed no one else. That class separates him from Kelly. Sure, Kelly is a good coach....but I am glad he's gone.

You guys are completely awful, toxic haters, and still very much are. Merely labeling you 'dysfunctional' is being extremely generous about it. And the only reason you're not still carrying on right now is 'cause LSU is 6-2 and ND is 5-3.
We aren't haters. We just DON'T care! He's gone, and you can join him since you are so enamored.

Kelly just beat Alabama. That was one heck of a game to watch! I have to give credit where it is due.

We aren't haters. We just DON'T care! He's gone, and you can join him since you are so enamored.
Yeah, you definitely care. And you guys go way beyond being mere haters. As I've said before, that's a fairly casual, even lighthearted term, and in most instances it's not some big insult.

But you guys are way, way next level when it comes to BK. And what was/is so effed up about it is that it was reaching a fever pitch right while ND under BK was at the peak of its powers, and beating #1 Clemson and everything else we achieved these last four years. Before we took off on our huge run, the fruits of which MF was able to walk into and inherit as a rookie HC, your average fan didn't seem to care much about BK one way or the other. It only got so toxic and awful AFTER we started going undefeated. Circa 2017.... Coincidence??

And I've been a ND fan since birth, and come from ND families on both sides of my family tree including both my parents. So please stop exhorting me to leave.....

Best of luck to him, he helped the program get to a great place ……. He believed he saw a better chance to get an NC and maybe doubted that ND could have any chance at all- he had the most data to make the judgment…..he can coach but there had always been something off on how he came across….. Freeman on the other hand, is very genuine and I believe is a much better cultural fit for ND. He represents the broader values exceptionally well……he can recruit and while he has had bad losses he clearly can coach, just has to keep improving

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT