ADVERTISEMENT

Louis Nix

jcswoopnh

ND Expert
Sep 7, 2017
Irish Chocolate has passed away. Reports are just coming out that his car was found in a pond. He was reported missing yesterday. What a tragedy

I remember interviews of Lou while at ND. Very funny and loving guy. Anyone that named himself Irish chocolate has to have a good sense of humor. Prayers for his family

One of my favorite players of the last ten years... Funny, human, a good man and a good player. RIP Louis.

Tragedy has now visited our top two recruits of 2010. Matt James never even made it to campus...

One of my favorite players of the last ten years... Funny, human, a good man and a good player. RIP Louis.

Tragedy has now visited our top two recruits of 2010. Matt James never even made it to campus...

We also lost, much too soon, another recruit from that class. Kona Schwenke passed away back in 2018, at the age of just 25. Kona died in his sleep.

I will always remember Louis for his infectious sense of humor and good nature. Sad he is gone.

RIP, Matt, Kona, and now Louis.

Reactions: Zorich 88
Definitely my favorite person on that team. his tweets were solid gold.

did we also lose a thread of responses?

Definitely my favorite person on that team. his tweets were solid gold.

did we also lose a thread of responses?

I am not going to call anyone out, but the other thread you inquire about had a couple of posts that were at best in poor taste, and at worst were completely insensitive given the circumstances. I imagine the moderators scrubbed it for that reason.

Nix committed to ND in 2009 when the team didn’t even have a head coach. That says everything you need to know about him as a person. Gotta love recruits like him.

Reactions: NDfolife
Nix committed to ND in 2009 when the team didn’t even have a head coach. That says everything you need to know about him as a person. Gotta love recruits like him.
very sad! Prayersfor the Family! RIP

Reactions: TOMMY_23
I’m sure he is in a much better place. RIP!

Just a tip...this type of sentiment provides no comfort to anyone who knew Louis, or anyone else who has lost a loved one. When my son died in a car crash, a couple of people said this to me and my response was "No, he isn't, the better place is here with his family." An aunt sent me condolences reminding me that "Even our Virgin Mother lost her only son." That also provided no comfort.

Wishing comfort to those who are grieving is helpful and recommended over any stated sentiments like yours or those who say that "God just called him home."

Sorry to jump on you like this but statements like this are a bit of a sore spot for me.

Just a tip...this type of sentiment provides no comfort to anyone who knew Louis, or anyone else who has lost a loved one. When my son died in a car crash, a couple of people said this to me and my response was "No, he isn't, the better place is here with his family." An aunt sent me condolences reminding me that "Even our Virgin Mother lost her only son." That also provided no comfort.

Wishing comfort to those who are grieving is helpful and recommended over any stated sentiments like yours or those who say that "God just called him home."

Sorry to jump on you like this but statements like this are a bit of a sore spot for me.
I'm confident irishjohn68 meant to be kind, but having lost my son, I to cringe at sentiments of him being in a better place. I also cringe at hearing how good God is, how merciful he is. Those sentiments, while well meaning, fall on this father's deaf ear

Last edited:

Offering condolences to someone who has lost a loved one can be a tricky thing. And when someone has died tragically or unexpectedly it can be even more difficult, if not awkward. What words can you say to someone, like you @IrishDuck, who has just lost a son in a terrible accident? Often the only thing we can really do is to acknowledge the life of the deceased and let the family know we are thinking of them and share their sorrow. If the deceased was someone who has had an impact on your life, letting the family know that can sometimes provide some measure of comfort.

Telling the family that the deceased is in a better place can sometimes come across as the wrong thing to say, but if the deceased has endured a prolonged or painful illness, the family may take some comfort in hearing those words. Often times the best thing we can do is just be a good listener, and let the surviving family members express their grief by talking about it.

At this time none of us knows what happened to Big Louis. All we can do is look back and remember the joy and enthusiasm he brought playing the game he loved for the team we all love. RIP, Big Fella.

Offering condolences to someone who has lost a loved one can be a tricky thing. And when someone has died tragically or unexpectedly it can be even more difficult, if not awkward. What words can you say to someone, like you @IrishDuck, who has just lost a son in a terrible accident? Often the only thing we can really do is to acknowledge the life of the deceased and let the family know we are thinking of them and share their sorrow. If the deceased was someone who has had an impact on your life, letting the family know that can sometimes provide some measure of comfort.

Telling the family that the deceased is in a better place can sometimes come across as the wrong thing to say, but if the deceased has endured a prolonged or painful illness, the family may take some comfort in hearing those words. Often times the best thing we can do is just be a good listener, and let the surviving family members express their grief by talking about it.

At this time none of us knows what happened to Big Louis. All we can do is look back and remember the joy and enthusiasm he brought playing the game he loved for the team we all love. RIP, Big Fella.

Drink...well said. I agree with you...for once.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Wait a minute. So the objection stays up while my response got deleted.

Are we becoming SafespaceNation.com?

This story is getting strange to say the least. I hope that what is out there right now as a cause of death isn’t true.

From what I have read it was a horrible accident. A family I know lost a son in a similar accident in Florida. He was driving at night in a rainstorm, missed a curve, and ended up at the bottom of an inlet.

Louis will always be one of my favorite players...RIP.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo69
Liking and agreeing with posts by Duck and Koolaid on the same subject is a first. Both posts are well said and offer perspectives I agree with. Thanks to each. Like Alice, Louis was one of my favorite players, whose personality and pure joy for life and representing ND were simply positive and contagious. RIP and prayers for his family.

Sorry for your loss. Acts 24:15 is what I look forward to.

Reactions: Irish Duck
Reactions: Classic Irish
1. Why do you care if it was or wasn't an accident. A beloved member of the ND Family died. That should be enough.
2. Why do you think anyone on this Board cares that you have trouble "buying" that it was an accident.

On the off chance that someone from the Nix family ever reads this Board, show some respect.
He’s the only person I have on ignore, and has been for well over a year now. I have no need or Curiosity over how Louis died. My best friend of forty plus years committed suicide four years ago. To this day, I don’t know what method he chose to end his life, and I don’t care! My Friend is dead and whether he used a gun or noose or pills, etc... doesn’t change the fact that he is no longer with us. I feel the same about Louis. We lost a beloved member of the ND family that brought a certain degree of excitement and entertainment to the program, and I feel for his Family and friends over this tragic loss. The HOW is not important.

1. Why do you care if it was or wasn't an accident. A beloved member of the ND Family died. That should be enough.
2. Why do you think anyone on this Board cares that you have trouble "buying" that it was an accident.

On the off chance that someone from the Nix family ever reads this Board, show some respect.

3. Why would anyone not care about the cause of death? Even if it wasn't an ND Family member found in very unusual circumstances.

irish Duck,

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Sometimes there are no words that can help ease the suffering associated with the loss of a loved one, a family member.

Often, caring, well meaning people are at a loss for words and think that offering a familiar phrase will help.

Communicating over the internet deprives us of many things, including tone and emotion.

Again, my deepest sympathies on your loss.

He’s the only person I have on ignore, and has been for well over a year now. I have no need or Curiosity over how Louis died. My best friend of forty plus years committed suicide four years ago. To this day, I don’t know what method he chose to end his life, and I don’t care! My Friend is dead and whether he used a gun or noose or pills, etc... doesn’t change the fact that he is no longer with us. I feel the same about Louis. We lost a beloved member of the ND family that brought a certain degree of excitement and entertainment to the program, and I feel for his Family and friends over this tragic loss. The HOW is not important.

TelX1,

im going to disagree for the following reason, “Awareness”

”Awareness” allows us to focus our attention on issues where we can help make a difference in the future by either getting directly or indirectly involved, and/or by making charitable contributions for that cause.

issues such as drug abuse, alcohol abuse, mental illness or esoteric illnesses where Research dollars are greatly needed.

A young child being stricken and dying at 14 from Progeria would be an example.
Without knowing that the child died of Progeria would inherently prevent you from donating to research to try to find a cure for ProBeria.

i understand and respect your personal feelings, but there’s another side of the issue that has merit.

Reactions: Telx1
I believe that Louis Nix is in a better place. I know that is not "Woke" but I believe in God and the afterlife and am not going to apologize for that..
Louis Nix brought alot of joy to us Irish fans and I am sure much more to his family and friends.
I wish he was still with us. And I hope his mother finds some comfort. It has to be horrible to lose a child.

Reactions: GDRAGONS and Telx1
TelX1,

im going to disagree for the following reason, “Awareness”

”Awareness” allows us to focus our attention on issues where we can help make a difference in the future by either getting directly or indirectly involved, and/or by making charitable contributions for that cause.

issues such as drug abuse, alcohol abuse, mental illness or esoteric illnesses where Research dollars are greatly needed.

A young child being stricken and dying at 14 from Progeria would be an example.
Without knowing that the child died of Progeria would inherently prevent you from donating to research to try to find a cure for ProBeria.

i understand and respect your personal feelings, but there’s another side of the issue that has merit.
A respectful alternative opinion!

I'm confident irishjohn68 meant to be kind, but having lost my son, I to cringe at sentiments of him being in a better place. I also cringe at hearing how good God is, how merciful he is. Those sentiments, while well meaning, fall on this father's deaf ear

Damn sorry to hear Die Hard, that’s a tragedy no parent should have to endure. I would like to share my own thought on this with you. I don’t think it’s God’s fault, it’s the sin of the world. There is pain, misery, disease, and death because we (humans) brought sin into the world.

We have free will and we too often choose to make bad decisions. I like to use the example of the woman killed by the drunk driver. Is it Gods fault, or the drivers? The driver chose to drink and drive and his actions (feee will) led to her death. The driver chose sin, scripture is clear on our earthly suffering.

now, these are just my thoughts as

There is a time and place when those sentiments and expressions are appropriate and other times when they are not.

When a cancer patient is bedridden and suffering terribly and there is no cure, there is a better place and the sentiment is appropriate

When a young vibrant life is unexpectedly taken from us the sentiment is not appropriate..

Last edited:
Damn sorry to hear Die Hard, that’s a tragedy no parent should have to endure. I would like to share my own thought on this with you. I don’t think it’s God’s fault, it’s the sin of the world. There is pain, misery, disease, and death because we (humans) brought sin into the world.

We have free will and we too often choose to make bad decisions. I like to use the example of the woman killed by the drunk driver. Is it Gods fault, or the drivers? The driver chose to drink and drive and his actions (feee will) led to her death. The driver chose sin, scripture is clear on our earthly suffering.

now, these are just my thoughts as
I can both appreciate and understand your POV, its just difficult gor me to accept. I was a 60 year practicing catholic, who just can no longer accept a lot of things. I wish it hadn't happened to me.

ADVERTISEMENT