ADVERTISEMENT

Line: Notre Dame 3.5 Over Iowa State

That sounds about right to me .. I can see ND getting a few more points and being a 5-6 point favorite by kick off.

Iowa St is not a bad team and honestly held up well against superior teams this year.

Reactions: Kelso86
I think it’s time to join a conference. Teams with worse records and rankings are going to better bowls because of their affiliation with a particular conference.

I think it’s time to join a conference. Teams with worse records and rankings are going to better bowls because of their affiliation with a particular conference.
non playoff games are all consolation games. does it really matter anymore ?

Reactions: Leahylads
With 84 FBS teams getting the opportunity for 20 additional practices in December and the large payouts, ND can't set at home like back in the day. Bowl games still matter because it gives your favorite team the opportunity to compete one more time and get better prepared for next season.

With 84 FBS teams getting the opportunity for 20 additional practices in December and the large payouts, ND can't set at home like back in the day. Bowl games still matter because it gives your favorite team the opportunity to compete one more time and get better prepared for next season.
No to mention, it would have a serious negative impact on recruiting. When there were only 8 to 10 bowl games, it wasn't a big deal to not go to a bowl, since lots of teams didn't. Not that way now. It's bad enough to not qualify for a bowl, never mind choose not to play in one.

Reactions: Kelso86
That's certainly one of the arguments in favor.

Outstanding analysis. You bring a lot to the board, e.g. They will win because I want them to..hahahhaha
First of all do not come at me like that.

Looking at some of your past post, you simply like to start fires then run. But I’m game, let’s go!

You complained to Golson about him calling you names/insults. Yet, you come after me with insults?

Listen sparky, take your lack off a football IQ to another board.

Or at least post some type of football response.

ADVERTISEMENT