ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk about this: let out your true feelings, no charge consultation

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
i have to say this is one of the happiest times of my life. I know it may sound trite but a big part of that feeling is due to our team

I
Maybe because it’s been so long. I mean, the 2012 team was fun but lucky

The 89- 93 teams were good

But 88 was special

This 2017 team may not go all the way but they are the first ND team since 88 to play what I consider to be trademark ND Football

I love this team

I always love our team. But this one is soooo different.

How about you. Sit on my couch and tell me how you feel

GO IRISH

i have to say this is one of the happiest times of my life. I know it may sound trite but a big part of that feeling is due to our team

I

But 88 was special

This 2017 team may not go all the way but they are the first ND team since 88 to play what I consider to be trademark ND Football

I love this team

GO IRISH
Ski...your cured! That will be $1000.

I’m cured as well. In total agreement. Most of us have pleaded for a run dominant Team with a punishing OL...and a ball hawking aggressive fundamentally sound gang tackling defense. This team delivers on all counts. First time in decades I haven’t found myself watching other teams and asking why ND can’t play like that! I hope we never again lose this identity.

I agree. Whether we go all the way or not, I like this team. I have always been a fan of running the football and stopping the run. There is just something awesome about watching a team line up, and everyone knows where it is going, but they still can't stop it.

Nothing made me more happy than just absolutely destroying U$C by running right over the top of them. Too many times in my lifetime, that game has gone the other way (although not quite that bad!).

Not only am I a HUGE Notre Dame fan, I'm a huge college football fan in general. To have this ND team be the exact type of football team that I love to watch has made this the most memorable season for me to date.

If we had a team like Oklahoma I wouldn't be as happy. Ok, yes they win a lot of games and beat OSU but the style of game they play is not appealing to me. This ND team has everything I want in a football team. Physical, knows how to tackle, plays with enthusiasm on defense, runs the football behind a dominating offensive line, and doesn't have to throw the ball 50 times a game to win.

A perfect example is the last two weeks vs USC and NC State. They outscored those two top 15 teams by a combined 84 (could have been 91) to 28, and they did that by going a combined 19-38 for 224 yards, 4 TD passes, and 0 Ints passing the football. I LOVE THAT about this team!!

Go Irish!!! Keep this amazing season alive this week vs Wake!!!

Reactions: theskibro
What I am happy about is that this site has been somewhat more tolerable - beyond the "winning cures all troubles" concept, this Board has so many ridiculous posters that go nuts any time the Irish stumble. Mark my words, if (God forbid) we don't run the table, some of them will show back up to bitch, moan and complain, and call for BK's head. They'll forget the 8-4 or 9-3 "Hopeful" predictions at the beginning of the season.

I always love my Irish, always love watching them. But yes, no doubt, this has been a great season and it's always more fun when we are winning and dominating.

Go Irish!!

I'm happy for our players foremost. Then, I'm happy for the staff. They all put in the work to be successful. I contribute cheering and spending money on campus so I consider myself towards the bottom of the food chain. Happiest time of my life? If it is, there are other contributing non football factors involved here on top of the 2017 season. I will say the USC game was one of the most fun days and nights I have had at any ND game. The 2005 USC game is up there too. My first game at age seven has to be tops.

I

But 88 was special

I love this team

GO IRISH

Captain Skyhawk..this is SpaceCowboy.. I am currently flying at 50,000 feet at 6.73 Mach speed which is a new World record ! I will crash and burn if the Irish do not win a National Championship this season !!! Request permission to do a flyby at South Bend ATC tower at 7 Mach !!

Bodi, I have you on ignore for a reason. You’re an idiot, truly. Pot calling the kettle you immature, unstable, pathetic little man. I am an Irish fan when they win or lose, and a grown up who doesn’t let a game played by 18-22 year olds dictate my emotional stability.

Thanks for confirming what we all already know - back in your cage, Internet tough guy, you go via Ignore.

I have been a Notre Dame fan for 60 years and seen some of their greatest games in person as I usually see them live twice per year. This is a special team which should carry over to next year, but let's do this now.

I have not mentioned this before, but I am also a stage 4 Colon Cancer patient fighting it since last March. The Chemo is doing some good, but it is in four different organs and nothing would make me feel better than to see the boys raise #12 trophy.

I'm fine, full of "Irish" and prepared to fight with all I have. I have good friends lighting candles at the Grotto on a regular basis and continue to think of myself as a very lucky man.

Go Irish!

Captain Skyhawk..this is SpaceCowboy.. I am currently flying at 50,000 feet at 6.73 Mach speed which is a new World record ! I will crash and burn if the Irish do not win a National Championship this season !!! Request permission to do a flyby at South Bend ATC tower at 7 Mach !!
Permission granted. Are TelX and that maverick DIP flyin with you?

Reactions: Bodizephax
I have been a Notre Dame fan for 60 years and seen some of their greatest games in person as I usually see them live twice per year. This is a special team which should carry over to next year, but let's do this now.

I have not mentioned this before, but I am also a stage 4 Colon Cancer patient fighting it since last March. The Chemo is doing some good, but it is in four different organs and nothing would make me feel better than to see the boys raise #12 trophy.

I'm fine, full of "Irish" and prepared to fight with all I have. I have good friends lighting candles at the Grotto on a regular basis and continue to think of myself as a very lucky man.

Go Irish!

God Bless u Bearcat

Bodi says we go all the way. You may gat your wish.

I think I may have to wheel you out (kidding) before the natty game to get the boys pumped up

Keep the faith good luck in your fight. Prayers coming your way. And did I say GO IRISH

Go Irish!

Keep fighting along with your beloved Irish - best wishes

Go Irish!
Best of Luck! Glad the Irish are playing well and you are enjoying it!!

Go Irish!

God bless you XGoBearcatsX.. Keep up the good fight. And I am glad the Irish are giving you joy this year. Go Irish !

Go Irish!
I’m sure everyone here prays you get your wish for #12! Fight on.

The Tower chief just spilled his coffee on his uniform when I buzzed past ! Expect a filed complaint !
Bodi, pretty sure it is a ticket and $750 fine for texting while flying at that elevation and that speed. Perhaps the pc police will catch you!

Thanks fellas! I'm very lucky regardless of my issues right now. I lost my wife of 41 years in July of 2016 so that changes perspective on a lot of things. I get around fine, I even went to Ireland last week with my son so how cool is that? The Chemo gets me tired out, but I'll never lose my fight, my love of country, my love for the Irish and my love of laughing.

Your thoughts for me are all very nice!

Wow, # 12 would be neat!

Just beautiful. ND ran out the last 8:30 of the game against NCST, the nr. 6 rushing defense, playing reserves. That defense was wiped out playing ND. Let's close this last quarter of the season in DOMINANT fashion.

I'll keep my thoughts short. To any who have questioned my loyalty to ND. The product that we are currently so lucky to witness. Was this to much to ask for?

I would venture to say this is a product that "WE" can "ALL" agree is something to be proud of! Yes?

So to any I've disagreed with....this was the means to that end!

What we are seeing this yr is all I've been wanting to see since the 90's!

I'll keep my thoughts short. To any who have questioned my loyalty to ND. The product that we are currently so lucky to witness. Was this to much to ask for?

I would venture to say this is a product that "WE" can "ALL" agree is something to be proud of! Yes?

So to any I've disagreed with....this was the means to that end!

What we are seeing this yr is all I've been wanting to see since the 90's!
Truth

Ski...your cured! That will be $1000.

I’m cured as well. In total agreement. Most of us have pleaded for a run dominant Team with a punishing OL...and a ball hawking aggressive fundamentally sound gang tackling defense. This team delivers on all counts. First time in decades I haven’t found myself watching other teams and asking why ND can’t play like that! I hope we never again lose this identity.

Truer words than this have never been spoken “I hope we never again lose this identity”

Thanks TelX. I think we all feel that way.

As famous philosopher GUMBY would say — It’s the coaching, dammit

BK
dont ever lose sight of what you did this off season and what it took to make this magic happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT