ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Taylor

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Is it me but do our RBS just look better this year?

Patience, cutbacks, piling into guys for an extra yard or two and not going down after first contact. Even their pass blocking has for the most part been solid.

The future looks bright for this stable of backs.... Tyree looks like a real deal not just a a speedy gimmick guy. Kyren, C'Bo are all going to be around for a while.

I know it is Duke and SF -- but they just seem different...

Need to tighten up on ball protection. 2 fumbles that could've been lost if not for o linemen being alert. They were trying to strip the ball every chance they got though. I still can't believe we missed a few opportunities at interceptions by dbs. Other than Lewis most played behind the wideout.

Reactions: NotreDomer1

Patience, cutbacks, piling into guys for an extra yard or two and not going down after first contact. Even their pass blocking has for the most part been solid.

The future looks bright for this stable of backs.... Tyree looks like a real deal not just a a speedy gimmick guy. Kyren, C'Bo are all going to be around for a while.

They look better because Kyren and Tyree are much more talented than Tony Jones.

Agree! Quality of opponent is a factor for sure, but all our running backs are running harder, fighting for the extra yard, and showing better reads on blocks, etc... Having TT at fullback makes A huge difference as well. I personally think we are seeing the impact of Taylor’s coaching after a year plus. But no substitute for talent, and Kyren and Tyree elevate our overall talent considerably over last year.

Reactions: Bodizephax
They look better because Kyren and Tyree are much more talented than Tony Jones.

It’s more than that. They are performing much better this year versus last year. (Other than ball security). Now, Taylor has to hit on the recruiting trail a little higher. Tyree last year was great, but we really swung and missed on the marquee guys this year.

Agree! Quality of opponent is a factor for sure, but all our running backs are running harder, fighting for the extra yard, and showing better reads on blocks, etc... Having TT at fullback makes A huge difference as well. I personally think we are seeing the impact of Taylor’s coaching after a year plus. But no substitute for talent, and Kyren and Tyree elevate our overall talent considerably over last year.

Tommy Rees is old school ! What Irish fans have been asking for years. A Full back !! Run the damn ball !! Maybe we can keep Tyler Lawrence off the field by controlling the clock !

Chris Tyree was recruited hard by Bama ! He will end up one of the Irish greats !
I love the way Chris runs. And can't wait to see him get more carries.

They've changed the entire blocking scheme in the run game.

Tommy Rees is old school ! What Irish fans have been asking for years. A Full back !! Run the damn ball !! Maybe we can keep Tyler Lawrence off the field by controlling the clock !

Chris Tyree was recruited hard by Bama ! He will end up one of the Irish greats !
I love the way Chris runs. And can't wait to see him get more carries.
It is pretty funny that now that ND is using a fullback and multi tes the same people complaining about "kelly's offense" are complaining again.

Can't please the ignorant.

The RBs have been effectively used for 3 straight halves now. Kyren and Tyree are our main backs. C'bo is making noise. Jahmir is the short yardage guy. Jafar is 3rd and long guy.

I would like to see Jahmir get a few series as the main guy. I think he could be a very effective clock eater like he was to end the Duke game.

I predict C'bo and Jahmir will be grad transfers. They need more carries.

Last edited:
It is pretty funny that now that ND is using a fullback and multi tes the same people complaining about "kelly's offense" are complaining again.

Can't please the ignorant.

I'm waiting to see how good they look when against Venables armed with 5 weeks of game tape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT