ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse ...

I am a little biased because I am a Chaminade guy; but I'd take Pat Kav over any other attackman in the country!!!

He is well on his way to surpassing his brother's milestone (#2 all-time scorer in program history)...

And the youngest of the group, Chris, is the best of the bunch...Looking forward to seeing what the two brothers can do in South Bend starting next spring.

glad to see both won this weekend. only saw the first half of the ladies game. i've seen the ladies play several times this year and could see then making it to championship weekend. they have UNC coming up soon and they look unbeatable at the moment

Big game coming up this weekend against #1 Duke...

If Kav balls out again and the Irish get the dub, that could springboard him towards the top of the Tewaaraton Trophy list...

Currently, Inside Lacrosse has him sitting 4th in the unofficial "watch".

I am a little biased because I am a Chaminade guy; but I'd take Pat Kav over any other attackman in the country!!!

He is well on his way to surpassing his brother's milestone (#2 all-time scorer in program history)...

And the youngest of the group, Chris, is the best of the bunch...Looking forward to seeing what the two brothers can do in South Bend starting next spring.
Hey “Chaminade guy”, do you know Joe Horan ?

Hey “Chaminade guy”, do you know Joe Horan ?

Know the name well...But do not know personally!

In fact, I am pretty sure there has been at least two of them.

One was class '84; think the other was 2010 or 2011.

I am 2001, so the former was way before me; and the latter was a decade after!

Pretty sure I watched the younger Joe play ball though a few times. I do try to make it back to a home game or two.

Mr Chaminade. That Hs quite impressive getting kids into ND. I looked at their website. Funny thing in NY is Regis Hs gets all the accolades as being top dog. Chaminade seems to hold its own in college placement.

Reactions: Hofman19
Mr Chaminade. That Hs quite impressive getting kids into ND. I looked at their website. Funny thing in NY is Regis Hs gets all the accolades as being top dog. Chaminade seems to hold its own in college placement.

I appreciate the compliment!

The bridge between Mineola and South Bend has been traveled many a time and I know the administration is proud when they are able to send their pupils to one of the finest CATHOLIC colleges in America!

Two more lacrosse stars coming to the Irish as part of the class of 2021!!!

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Another miserable loss yesterday to Carolina!

Need to beat Cuse in the regular season finale so that we regain momentum heading into the national tournament!

Another miserable loss yesterday to Carolina!

Need to beat Cuse in the regular season finale so that we regain momentum heading into the national tournament!
The line is very fine in lax. Undefeated Maryland needed a late rally to beat 2-7 Johns Hopkins this weekend.

Very hard to play Thursday night and Sunday too.

Loss yesterday didn't surprise me in the least .

It could have been worse as we didn't play very well.

our irish really needed this beatdown of the cuse to finish the regular season. they've got to cleanup a few small things but overall i think they have a good chance of playing on championship weekend at the end of may. all three losses were really close games that could've been won

our irish really needed this beatdown of the cuse to finish the regular season. they've got to cleanup a few small things but overall i think they have a good chance of playing on championship weekend at the end of may. all three losses were really close games that could've been won
Three losses by a total of four goals. And one faulty shoe. :)

Reactions: IrishHerb
Seeding committee kind of hosed the Irish...

-#6 seed despite almost sweeping #2 Duke and Virginia taking the rough loss to the Cuse....Heck, as recently as last week, there were ESPN commentators suggesting that ND might be the most complete team in the nation...

-Give us #9 ranked Drexel in the 1st round....

-Undefeated Maryland (who was #1 in the polls) is given a 3rd seed, meaning that we get them in the quarters...Thankfully, it will be a home game since South Bend was appointed as one of the 1/4 round sites.

Last edited:
Seeding committee kind of hosed the Irish...

-#6 seed despite almost sweeping #2 Duke and splitting with #4 Virginia....Heck, as recently as last week, there were ESPN commentators suggesting that ND might be the most complete team in the nation...

-Give us #9 ranked Drexel in the 1st round....

-Undefeated Maryland (who was #1 in the polls) is given a 3rd seed, meaning that we get them in the quarters...Thankfully, it will be a home game since South Bend was appointed as one of the 1/4 round sites.
Did we play Virginia twice? I thought we played Duke and Syracuse twice.

Reactions: IrishHerb
Did we play Virginia twice? I thought we played Duke and Syracuse twice.
Yep, you are right....

I just went back and looked and it was just that one loss to UVA!

Still, feel that using the eye test, we were the team playing better down the stretch and that should have counted for something.

Future Irish middie, Will Lynch, with the game-winner in overtime to propel Chaminade to the 11-10 victory over USA Lax Magazine's #1 ranked team in the nation St. Anthony's!!

The dagger in sudden victory gave Lynch a hat trick for the day!

Fellow Flyer bound for South Bend, Alex Zepf (13 saves), went the distance and picked up the win in cage!

Last edited:
Maryland’s best attackman Bernhardt, is a matchup nightmare.
Jack Kielty will cover Jared Bernhardt a classic match up two first team All Americans battling.

FOGO’s will play a crucial role possession will be key in this low scoring defensive battle.

ND WINS 10-8. Go Irish!!!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I never played Lacrosse but I really enjoyed watching my high school team kick a$$.
*** My nephew played against Notre Dame a few years back. He was a defender for Dartmouth.

I never played Lacrosse but I really enjoyed watching my high school team kick a$$.
*** My nephew played against Notre Dame a few years back. He was a defender for Dartmouth.

Same here, never played lacrosse ... it apparently didn't exist in the midwest while I was growing up. My first introduction to it was when I was in college in DC ... watching games at U-MD and Johns Hopkins. Fell in love with the game, but my college didn't have a team.

So only played football and ice hockey.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Same here, never played lacrosse ... it apparently didn't exist in the midwest while I was growing up. My first introduction to it was when I was in college in DC ... watching games at U-MD and Johns Hopkins. Fell in love with the game, but my college didn't have a team.

So only played football and ice hockey.
I was on the wrestling and football team in highschool. The lacrosse/ football players came to support me at my wrestling matches as I did with Lacrosse. I loved watching lacrosse. Loved the spin moves and the whipping of the lacrosse sticks on goal shots. What an exciting game. College lacrosse is even better.
I loved hockey to. I lived in upstate N.Y in the 70's/80's and religiously went to the arena in my city to watch hockey. Slap shot was based on the hockey played at that time in that league. Rod Bloomfield was a hockey player for the team I watched and he skated alot in slapshot as a double.
The team I was a fan of were the Broome dusters and we played the dastardly Johnstown jets.
We usually lost but won many of the fights ! Which was more important than the score anyway !
The team paul Newman was on in slapshot was based on the Johnstown jets.
The arena would go wild when we played the jets and brawls would break out all the time.
I remember I was sitting behind the penalty box (I was ten) and a goon hockey player (Giles Lupien) who once played for the Canadians skated by the penalty box and sliced a big cut on the forehead of a player in the box with his hockey stick. I remember blood spraying on the glass shield in front of me. Pro wrestling was nothing compared to minor league hockey in the 70's.
And I remember a couple of my friends and I booing Goldthorpe as he was leaving the ice to the locker room after being thrown out of the game for beating the crap out of one of our players.
My cup of coke/ice I threw at Goldthorpe grazed his shoulder and I was so excited. My friends were highfiving me and when we went back to our seats I told my Dad "I got Goldthorpe" ! He told me "good job son--Goldthorpe is a dirty bastard. Goldthorpe also had a boxing match at our Arena while he was suspended for the rest of the hockey season. It sold out I think.
Goldthorpe was called Oglethorpe in the movie.
I got to see the Hanson brothers (twins) play minor league when they were really young and crazy. They made the NHL eventually. They were called the carlson brothers in the movie.
Slap shot is my favorite movie of all time !! I lived that kind of hard fighting hard drinking life as a teenager ! Man I wish I was young again !!!
Go Irish !!
12 and 0 !!

*** Oh, I almost forgot ! I sat right next to Gordy Howe at the arena. He was there watching his son play ! I was in awe !

Last edited:
Reactions: melstew
Right.

Should have won ... if not for so many turnovers.

When we were up 12-9 I thought we had things under control. Not sure why we let them back into the game afer that.
the anouncers said that we were running out of gas in the 4th and it looked to be part of the reason that the terps came back along with all the massive turnovers that you mentioned. this team can be really scary good next season on offense with pat back along with dobson

the anouncers said that we were running out of gas in the 4th and it looked to be part of the reason that the terps came back along with all the massive turnovers that you mentioned. this team can be really scary good next season on offense with pat back along with dobson

Yes. A lot of offense will be back, goalie too.

But we're losing some real good defenders and all 3 of our faceoff guys.

ND needs a better coach.

I don't know. How many better coaches are there out there? And of the few that exist, how many would leave where they are now?

Under Corrigan, ND has gotten to the NCAA quarter finals or better many times, just never have gotten the big win.

I don't know. How many better coaches are there out there? And of the few that exist, how many would leave where they are now?

Under Corrigan, ND has gotten to the NCAA quarter finals or better many times, just never have gotten the big win.
Been to the final four five times, final game twice, both close losses to the Dukies. I don't suspect we are likely to get a better coach.

Even if the Irish were not playing, it was still a pretty productive/optimism-inspiring Memorial Day weekend for the program...

I finally got caught up on the GEICO HS Nationals and three future Notre Dame student-athletes were at the center of leading Taft to victories over a pair of top-10 nationally ranked foes.

2022 goalie, Thomas Ricciardelli, was absolutely sensational in cage, making 16 saves in the semifinals against Culver before posting a mind-blowing 21-stop effort in the finals over St. John’s College High School....

Sharing co-MVP honors was his older brother, Jeffrey (2021 commit), who scored five goals in each of the school's two appearances!

Chris Kavanagh (2021) had a modest performance in the finals, but did demonstrate that "elite Kav ability to QB the offense" in the semis by scoring once and dishing five assists.

Another soon-to-be Domer, Middie, Michael Ridgway, had two or three goals for Georgetown Prep in their semi loss to St. John's.

Even if the Irish were not playing, it was still a pretty productive/optimism-inspiring Memorial Day weekend for the program...

I finally got caught up on the GEICO HS Nationals and three future Notre Dame student-athletes were at the center of leading Taft to victories over a pair of top-10 nationally ranked foes.

2022 goalie, Thomas Ricciardelli, was absolutely sensational in cage, making 16 saves in the semifinals against Culver before posting a mind-blowing 21-stop effort in the finals over St. John’s College High School....

Sharing co-MVP honors was his older brother, Jeffrey (2021 commit), who scored five goals in each of the school's two appearances!

Chris Kavanagh (2021) had a modest performance in the finals, but did demonstrate that "elite Kav ability to QB the offense" in the semis by scoring once and dishing five assists.

Another soon-to-be Domer, Middie, Michael Ridgway, had two or three goals for Georgetown Prep in their semi loss to St. John's.
yeah this younger Kavanagh brother is according to insiders the most talented of the brothers which is scary bad for our future opponents because we all know how good the two other brothers have been

ADVERTISEMENT