ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Kenny Minchey is my boy! That guy is my number one choice of all QBs in this loaded QB class, including Dante Moore. This is great news. He must have read my recent post where I noted how, if you want to play early, ND might not be a bad spot. Plus he just seems like such a perfect fit in addition to being a very impressive prospect.

Hell yeah to this news, I hope the other shoe drops quickly....

He's absolutely nothing like Pyne. Why on earth would anyone bring up Drew Pyne to compare him to? Nothing against DP, but WTF, there's just no comparison there. Not about who's better or not, they're just not similar prospects.

They do both play QB, so there's that.....
I was replying to the poster who pointed out they had similar rankings

I see CJ Stroud in his film. (What a strong year for HS QBs if he isn't in the top ten!) Great touch, makes the 40 yard throws look so easy. I'm impressed.

Pitt site said he was out six games with a shoulder injury and had to come out of his last game with a shoulder issue. It might keep him under the radar a little since he was off to a really good year. It's a long way to next season so hopefully if we get him, he'll be 100% healthy to compete. He looks to be a good get being so close to early signing day.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Kenny Minchey is my boy! That guy is my number one choice of all QBs in this loaded QB class, including Dante Moore. This is great news. He must have read my recent post where I noted how, if you want to play early, ND might not be a bad spot. Plus he just seems like such a perfect fit in addition to being a very impressive prospect.

Hell yeah to this news, I hope the other shoe drops quickly....
Well now we’re ****ed.

Reactions: Pennick4
I was replying to the poster who pointed out they had similar rankings
Okay, cool. That's basically what I was doing too. Not sure with even the most cursory knowledge of Minchey as a prospect, why anyone would think of Drew Pyne....

One last note, I thought someone said he was enrolling early at Pitt? I guess that person didn't know what they were talking about, or more likely just made it up out of thin air....

How's his shoulder? Heard he injured it during the season, and re-injured it in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Great looking prospect. Accurate and leads his receivers, throws the ball deep with minimal effort, looks to have above average mobility. Looks as big or bigger than his lineman so thinking a legit 6-2 is possible.
Indeed, you want to talk about 'arm talent', whew! That guy really does throw an effortless, gorgeous deep ball. It's the first thing anyone says about him. It fairly jumps off the screen.....

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
This guy is ranked down in the 200s (solid 4 star) but it doesn't matter at this point. You gotta take at least 1 QB each class and we were starting to flirt with some dudes in the bargain bin ranked in the 500s, so in that respect this was a good pick up.

I wouldn't expect much, I trust the composite ranking (3 different professional big budget services opinions) over the opinion of a random contributor to under the forum notre dame boards. But we got the warm body we needed, and there's always a chance he can develop into a guy who can provide some quality reps on the 2 deep at some point.

247 composite has him ranked as the 15th QB in the country in the 23 class.

General info on his profile:
Owns limited track experience with sophomore reps in the 200 meters (25.94 PR).
2021: As a junior, led Pope John Paul II to an 8-5 record and the Tennessee 3A D-II state semifinals. Threw for 3,280 yards with a 32-9 TD-INT ratio on a 61.3 completion percentage. Added 52-137-3 rushing (2.6 ypc).
2020: Threw for 1,164 yards and a 10-1 TD-INT ratio on a 63.4 completion percentage as a sophomore in seven games. Added 35-106-0 rushing (3.0ypc).
- Gabe Brooks

Now here is a question. Did Rees recruit him ? Did he flip because of TR ? If so, what happens after the season if TR is let go or leaves on his own ? Or, does this mean TR is staying? Just a few questions I have out of curiosity. Anyone with any knowledge please add. TY

Now here is a question. Did Rees recruit him ? Did he flip because of TR ? If so, what happens after the season if TR is let go or leaves on his own ? Or, does this mean TR is staying? Just a few questions I have out of curiosity. Anyone with any knowledge please add. TY
Who else would have?

That said, Tommy Rees went all in on Dante Moore.

Now here is a question. Did Rees recruit him ? Did he flip because of TR ? If so, what happens after the season if TR is let go or leaves on his own ? Or, does this mean TR is staying? Just a few questions I have out of curiosity. Anyone with any knowledge please add.
Perhaps he’s betting on a brighter future for OC.

I’m sure it was Rees and Freeman. However, it’s also likely that it’s because it’s Notre Dame for ****s sake. The kid realized he was selling himself short. Pitt was the last place he should’ve been looking. I’m guessing the in state success of Tennessee juiced him up a little and he likely saw that it’s fun to play for a program that can do big things on a big stage rather than a tier two. It also likely helps that ND essentially won the ACC.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I only ask because many times a recruit has an established relationship with a coach. Then the “ coach” leaves. Sometimes it’s no big deal. Other times it is and the player opens up recruiting again. Though I do realize in this case , early signing is next month . It may be a moot point. Hopefully whatever happens, he attends ND.

ADVERTISEMENT