ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Scott

GDFan

ND Expert
Jan 2, 2015
Now that he has set commitment date, what do you think our chances are? Would be a huge get on the interior of DL.

Now that he has set commitment date, what do you think our chances are? Would be a huge get on the interior of DL.
Would feel better about our prospects if Scott had attended this week’s recruiting weekend. He is exactly the kind Of player we need to recruit for our DL, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he selects ND on Jan 31st; but I would frankly consider this just a lean if he follows through on his stated plans to take official visits to Texas and Oklahoma, et al….Later this year.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Would feel better about our prospects if Scott had attended this week’s recruiting weekend. He is exactly the kind Of player we need to recruit for our DL, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he selects ND on Jan 31st; but I would frankly consider this just a lean if he follows through on his stated plans to take official visits to Texas and Oklahoma, et al….Later this year.
Same here. Either take visits before committing or stick with commitment. Teams spend a lot of time recruiting these type players only to be played down the line by some. Lose out often because of letting up on other recruits because they believe to have that position filled only to get burned.

It is odd timing, especially since he just announced a top 8. Why would you do that if you're close to committing (which basically means he already has "committed" and we don't know which school yet).

It is odd timing, especially since he just announced a top 8. Why would you do that if you're close to committing (which basically means he already has "committed" and we don't know which school yet).
Looks like his birthday is driving this more than a thoughtful selection process.

My guess is he’s picking ND.whether that sticks will be the real question. There’s been the Chicago Blitz thing going on. Lots of pressure on Al Washington. Lots of Tweeting and media talk about him being a must get. CJ Carr and Cam Williams have been a tweeting at him the past week. They’ve really turned up the heat on him. Seems ironic timing. Just needs to sign when it counts. It could be that he’s tired of ND people and wants to just get it over wkth and pick Michigan or Colorado, but my guess is he’s Irish.

If he wants to commit to nd and still visit Texas and Oklahoma ND shouldn’t let him commit… if he verbally commits without approval then nd should pull offer so all other dl recruits know he hasn’t taken their spot

He shouldn’t be allowing top recruits to dictate what they want at all times. I’m all for nd recruiting top players but not if they lie

Not saying JS has lied, just that nd needs to take commits that are committed

If he wants to commit to nd and still visit Texas and Oklahoma ND shouldn’t let him commit… if he verbally commits without approval then nd should pull offer so all other dl recruits know he hasn’t taken their spot

He shouldn’t be allowing top recruits to dictate what they want at all times. I’m all for nd recruiting top players but not if they lie

Not saying JS has lied, just that nd needs to take commits that are committed
Yep I think it’s high time they say look dude, we want you to commit by we also want you to be done so don’t do it haphazardly.

Staff saw him and he announced commitment date right after they left. Likely good news.... But as others said can they keep him.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah okayyy

PB went to a team that was 6 and 7 and lost a game by 49 points

Do better troll
If you re read my post I mention NIL. Before you spew your constant negativity toward me realize that the cash or some other perk drew him into OU not the unproven HC.

Bowen told me the reason was he can’t stand the ND posters hoopsstar12 and airzee23
We live in a new world. Some call it semi pro but I call it pro sports when a star athlete is paid off. If you aren't one of the top 5 coaches in America then every top recruit and every game is a crapshoot unless they have some prior devotion to your school. There is no beating the system with unproven coaches who can't payoff the players. Maybe on a small scale but not on a large scale.

Bowen is a little turd. I highly doubt he’s good in college. He’s a classic bust kid. Call me dumb, I bet he amounts to nothing.
Guess you skipped the reading comprehension class.

I said nothing about Bowen’s potential, his behavior, or how dumb you are. My response was to a troll post

We live in a new world. Some call it semi pro but I call it pro sports when a star athlete is paid off. If you aren't one of the top 5 coaches in America then every top recruit and every game is a crapshoot unless they have some prior devotion to your school. There is no beating the system with unproven coaches who can't payoff the players. Maybe on a small scale but not on a large scale.
Okay then

Yeah okayyy

PB went to a team that was 6 and 7 and lost a game by 49 points

Do better troll
I don’t put pb on freeman losing him, just getting played….. Oklahoma kicking our but 1-1 recruiting wise though

JS is a must… these types of players bridge gap…. Our class is looking to be good to solid again but we need top tier talent, and so far for 24 we’re missing out on upper echelon talent

JS is a must… these types of players bridge gap…. Our class is looking to be good to solid again but we need top tier talent, and so far for 24 we’re missing out on upper echelon talent
I guess it’s crashing already?!?!

CJ carr and Cam Williams say hi

2 top 50 recruits

And our 23 class was better than good to solid. Number 8 class

Last edited:
Loy is dropping 7 new crystal balls tomorrow. Sounds like junior day was epic.

CJ carr and Cam Williams say hi

2 top 50 recruits

And our 23 class was better than good to solid. Number 8 class
Really like cam and aneyas

We’re talking about championships, need more studs

Scott and Johnson are 2 others

I see the move to Hartman as a big factor for 2024 and 2025 offensive players. Once they see ND slinging it all over the field, it’ll be conditioned into their minds that ND is a high powered offense. The receiver flood gates should open wide. The 2024 class has the potential to improve upon 2023. Having a good team that doesn’t lose to Stanford should help.

You said we are missing out.

You didn't mention Carr or Williams. Didn't fit your narrative
I said Williams meaning cam Williams, not as high in carr as his rankings

Just a few months ago you said nd would finish 23 top 5 and do even better in 24…. Not finishing top 5 in either now with our misses

Just a few months ago you said nd would finish 23 top 5 and do even better in 24…. Not finishing top 5 in either now with our misses
I admit I am losing faith in NDs ability to land a top 5 class. Without it I see nearly no chance we win a title. I’ve been more positive acting about the freeman hire bc what’s being negative going to accomplish. I so hope we can land a top 5 class in 2024. We must do so. He was hired to do that. He certainly wasn’t hired based on experience or his immaculate development of talent. i preferred elite coaching and development with good recruiting over status quo recruiting mixed with inexperienced coaching. Regardless of the politics at play in his hiring and my distaste for the entire thing, he is our coach and I’m hoping he will do what he was hired to do. Recruit us to a title. 2023 was not good enough overall.

I admit I am losing faith in NDs ability to land a top 5 class. Without it I see nearly no chance we win a title. I’ve been more positive acting about the freeman hire bc what’s being negative going to accomplish. I so hope we can land a top 5 class in 2024. We must do so. He was hired to do that. He certainly wasn’t hired based on experience or his immaculate development of talent. i preferred elite coaching and development with good recruiting over status quo recruiting mixed with inexperienced coaching. Regardless of the politics at play in his hiring and my distaste for the entire thing, he is our coach and I’m hoping he will do what he was hired to do. Recruit us to a title. 2023 was not good enough overall.
Agree with this… staff is doing a good job recruiting but we need great…. Nd has to find a way to land more 5 star talent

Agree with this… staff is doing a good job recruiting but we need great…. Nd has to find a way to land more 5 star talent
Really like our guys in the '23 class. Great group. Just missing a couple of pieces. Even just Keeley would have been enough for me to call it a move in the right direction.

Really like our guys in the '23 class. Great group. Just missing a couple of pieces. Even just Keeley would have been enough for me to call it a move in the right direction.
yeah dline recruiting was a bit of a disappointment for me in 23, and it's so critical. Why JS is so important for this years class.

Yep I think it’s high time they say look dude, we want you to commit by we also want you to be done so don’t do it haphazardly.
Most feel if the recruiters had been pushing as much as they should for a 300 lbs 5 star in their back yard, he would have committed in the fall. They didn't and actually fell behind.

I said 4 through 6 and we finished 8th. Really good class. If we landed Bowen, we would have finished 6th

You aren't as high on Carr because you're poor at evaluating film. He's a stud and probably will move higher if he goes to all the camps and things

Great chance to finish top 5 in 24 at the moment. Looks pretty good with us and Scott

If we land him, we'd have 3 top 45 commits. When was last time we had that?

To be clear I like our recruiting but 2023 is a monumental year for freeman. Most position groups showed positive growth except LB and DL. If Hartman is healthy all year I think the main way we WOULDN'T make the playoffs is due to the DL/LBs. They took a shocking step back in 2022, and they MUST take a step forward.

Our Dline/Lbs are wy Caleb W had a field day. We couldn't stop the run or tackle him.

Ohio State will be transitioning to a new QB that will be green, and Clemson away will be very tough but they aren't as talented top 2 bottom as past years.

I said 4 through 6 and we finished 8th. Really good class.

You aren't as high on Carr because you're poor at evaluating film. He's a stud and probably will move higher if he goes to all the camps and things

Great chance to finish top 5 in 24 at the moment. Looks pretty good with us and Scott

If we land him, we'd have 3 top 45 commits. When was last time we had that?
Last year

and then we didn't

Also, we're 8th right now, other programs will sign more, we most likely will not

I will say shuler and hillmans ratings are criminally low, but I think Drayk and vernon are too high based off of Sr film. Zinter might be too low as well.

ADVERTISEMENT