ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Scott

Show one link
I've watched every game. So have you. Don't BS me and try to really say the 21 schedule was tougher than the 22 schedule. You overreact and sometimes act like a child but you're not a dope. So don't act like one here. You know, I know the 22 schedule was way harder than the 21 schedule. Don't try to fit your narrative. We both watched and know what year was harder and let's move on

I've watched every game. So have you. Don't BS me and try to really say the 21 schedule was tougher than the 22 schedule. You overreact and sometimes act like a child but you're not a dope. So don't act like one here. You know, I know the 22 schedule was way harder than the 21 schedule. Don't try to fit your narrative. We both watched and know what year was harder and let's move on
22 harder to go undefeated but 21 harder week in and week out…. 22 schedule had many brutally easy games

In the Holtz/Davie/Willingham/Weis/early Kelly era ND played a mid-level or above P5 quality team week in and week out, on top of Navy/USC/Stanford being really good in the 00s and early 10s. Those schedules were really entertaining as every week was an opponent who could kick your ass. A really good Michigan and MSU team was also on the schedule annually.

Now ND plays two bottom feeding G5 opponents on top of a poor USC, Stanford, and Navy teams in recent years. Then you add the total dumpster fire that is the ACC to the schedule and you have the magic needed for a 9-10 win program to masquerade around as a 11-12 win program.

NDs opponents outside of the couple of marquee matchups on the schedule (an elite Clemson, or an elite Georgia) have been really bad since around the time of the ACC-hybrid conference deal.

Wake/Duke/UNC/Syracuse/NC State/Pittsburgh/Virginia Tech/Boston College/FSU/Miami/Georgia Tech/and Virginia have been not just bad, but some of the worst teams in the P5 bad, even ranked well behind G5 level teams in a lot of those years.

Last edited:
Reactions: baron100
I for one am glad he changed it closer to his birthday. He will know for sure that ND is for him or not. Pretty sure by all his language that ND is the one. It seems so funny when players commit and move up in ranks- the OSU,Georgia, Bama, and Texas A&M's suddenly come out of the woodwork to recruit these kids when they had a whole year beforehand to offer. ND has been there for Scott letting him know they truly want him for a while now.
Maybe they are smart to wait. Rush in and dazzle these kids, who, if they are like most kids their age, have the attention span of gnats.

It seems Notre Dame, more than most other schools, loses out after prolonged commitment courtships.

Not a fit maybe? ND kids are sold on ND. Don't chase this one if he's not into ND. If he's taking his time I respect that and he's worth the chase, but the minute he adds Colorado or ATM to his list, move the F on. It never ends well. We have Carr and Williams, who are ND kids. There are lots of quality DL. Also, get rid of Al can't recruit Washington before he kills the Freeman era.

Not a fit maybe? ND kids are sold on ND. Don't chase this one if he's not into ND. If he's taking his time I respect that and he's worth the chase, but the minute he adds Colorado or ATM to his list, move the F on. It never ends well. We have Carr and Williams, who are ND kids. There are lots of quality DL. Also, get rid of Al can't recruit Washington before he kills the Freeman era.
No

This does not bode well for ND. Another slips through the fingers in our backyard. If the stance was, if you commit you can’t take visits I respect that. Over the Bowen type saga.

This does not bode well for ND. Another slips through the fingers in our backyard. If the stance was, if you commit you can’t take visits I respect that. Over the Bowen type saga.
This was going to be a battle til signing day regardless if he committed or not. Nothing changed. We're going to have to fight til December no matter what

This was going to be a battle til signing day regardless if he committed or not. Nothing changed. We're going to have to fight til December no matter what
Agree as long as this isn’t due to nd coaches screwing it up

Who's the last 5 star we had to battle until signing day that was not sold on ND that ultimately picked ND?

I’d rather fight it out until signing day then get a verbal and be left at the altar on signing day. Oh well.

Reactions: Kelso86
Trigger warning: Kellys last class officially beat Freemans first class in the 247 composite. So as I said before the season as it stands now BK is a better recruiter than Freeman. Freeman appears to try harder for less results.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Trigger warning: Kellys last class officially beat Freemans first class in the 247 composite. So as I said before the season as it stands now BK is a better recruiter than Freeman. Freeman appears to try harder for less results.
I think there's the new coach, modern approach, very likeable hype that's helping right now, but it will come down to coaching abilities. The offense we have next year and no excuse for D to be better, 11-1 is my new expectation due to Ohio State having inexperienced QB and clemson just isn't great right now. USC at home helps and I wonder will Caleb really be giving it all, he really has minimal to play for.

IF we pop an 11-1 or better season this year I think recruiting will take off better than Kelly could do.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
You even know you're being a troll with this one LOL

Reactions: irish1der
Just a thought. Do you think it was a mistake to have recruiting services coming out about a commitment? That puts a lot of pressure on some kids. And it can steal their thunder. And in some cases the recruit could question the confidentially of the staff.

In the Holtz/Davie/Willingham/Weis/early Kelly era ND played a mid-level or above P5 quality team week in and week out, on top of Navy/USC/Stanford being really good in the 00s and early 10s. Those schedules were really entertaining as every week was an opponent who could kick your ass. A really good Michigan and MSU team was also on the schedule annually.

Now ND plays two bottom feeding G5 opponents on top of a poor USC, Stanford, and Navy teams in recent years. Then you add the total dumpster fire that is the ACC to the schedule and you have the magic needed for a 9-10 win program to masquerade around as a 11-12 win program.

NDs opponents outside of the couple of marquee matchups on the schedule (an elite Clemson, or an elite Georgia) have been really bad since around the time of the ACC-hybrid conference deal.

Wake/Duke/UNC/Syracuse/NC State/Pittsburgh/Virginia Tech/Boston College/FSU/Miami/Georgia Tech/and Virginia have been not just bad, but some of the worst teams in the P5 bad, even ranked well behind G5 level teams in a lot of those years.
Yeah, you're right. None of those ACC teams would touch on Rutgers, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Purdue, Nebraska. All powerhouse programs!

Just a thought. Do you think it was a mistake to have recruiting services coming out about a commitment? That puts a lot of pressure on some kids. And it can steal their thunder. And in some cases the recruit could question the confidentially of the staff.
He announced it himself

Reactions: wawasee
a prospect at this level is doing the free agent thing and it is about the NLI $. I seriously doubt ND can stay in the real hunt on this as it progresses. The delay in the commitment date probably means some new offers are new to the recruitment and/or some have increased the pot, as the competition heats up.

I think there's the new coach, modern approach, very likeable hype that's helping right now, but it will come down to coaching abilities. The offense we have next year and no excuse for D to be better, 11-1 is my new expectation due to Ohio State having inexperienced QB and clemson just isn't great right now. USC at home helps and I wonder will Caleb really be giving it all, he really has minimal to play for.

IF we pop an 11-1 or better season this year I think recruiting will take off better than Kelly could do.
it is about impact players, not class rankings! MF is doing very well.

he's going to say all of them and that's accurate but yes some are way more solid than others
It's simply not true though. We are not "fighting" to land CJ Carr. Some 5 star kids are sold on ND for a variety of reasons. Others, who are 4 stars, commit to ND for similar reasons or because it's the most prestigious offer they get. There are dozens of endless battles for 5 star kids that don't workout. If you're not sold on ND and you're wavering for schools like Bama, Colorado, Georgia, ATM, chances are extremely high that you're not going to suddenly have a divine intervention unless you're a Mormon from Hawaii. If you're looking at Colorado, you're not a fit.

it is about impact players, not class rankings! MF is doing very well.
We lost our 3 biggest immediate impact players. He's recruiting well, but not well enough to overcome some issues that need corrected with coaching. If freeman and staff correct them, we should have good shot at CFP next year.

It's simply not true though. We are not "fighting" to land CJ Carr. Some 5 star kids are sold on ND for a variety of reasons. Others, who are 4 stars, commit to ND for similar reasons or because it's the most prestigious offer they get. There are dozens of endless battles for 5 star kids that don't workout. If you're not sold on ND and you're wavering for schools like Bama, Colorado, Georgia, ATM, chances are extremely high that you're not going to suddenly have a divine intervention unless you're a Mormon from Hawaii. If you're looking at Colorado, you're not a fit.
They're still recruiting carr.

I think the biggest difference is who the staff considers committed vs what the websites say. Staff for a long time didn't feel as if bowen was committed as an example.

a prospect at this level is doing the free agent thing and it is about the NLI $. I seriously doubt ND can stay in the real hunt on this as it progresses. The delay in the commitment date probably means some new offers are new to the recruitment and/or some have increased the pot, as the competition heats up.
Yea. Georgia offered him a couple days ago.

Yet Driskell continues to push out on Twitter that paying kids to play football is "illegal" and that ND players are doing very well with NIL. Insinuating that this is a non factor. LOL. ND has the largest fan base. If ND players are doing "really well" and it is "illegal" to pay kids, ND would be the most dominant force in all of NIL.

9 and 4 and 3 top 10 teams and 5 top 25 is not easy. Hardest schedule since 17 and that year we went 10 and 3
Where did you get hardest schedule since 2017? It was reported here a few times it was easiest schedule in last 15 yrs. Not that it matters that much now but curious where you‘re getting the data

3 NY6 teams. 3 teams that played for the conference title. And one CFP playoff team. 7 bowl teams. And 5 with 9 plus wins.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Absolutely correct. virtually every Saturday was something to look forward to then now it’s every 4th game. You can definitely argue that we overscheduled back in holtz days but it made for a lot of fun football

Actually every sos metric shows this year as easiest schedule since 2014

So again; easy schedule

Easy schedule to go 10-2 but difficult to go 12-0, but that’s not how sos is measured by anyone that has a clue
Lol. Every metric in your mind.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT