ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched the Steve Angeli weekend Regional 11 camp tape and I like his size

IrishLenny76

Irish Expert
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
and arm strength. He effortlessly throws all his throws but yet they have pretty good velocity to them. I think we got a rel good QB here who is going to make a name for himself during his career at Notre Dame. One can always improve footwork in the pocket but I like what I've seen so far.

and arm strength. He effortlessly throws all his throws but yet they have pretty good velocity to them. I think we got a rel good QB here who is going to make a name for himself during his career at Notre Dame. One can always improve footwork in the pocket but I like what I've seen so far.
They ranked him 8th out of 10 participants that was there

I’ve read that these are not an assessment of passing skills as much As an assessment of athletic agility...time to run through a course of cones for example. Book for example, would score significantly better than Angeli in this kind of competition. At any rate, can’t get too excited one way or the other with results coming out of this kind of camp.

Driskell posted that and he was wrong. There were more than 10 participants and the placing was, as Telx stated, only the results of the combine portion of the camp. The camp posted the top 10 combine scores so it was actually an achievement but Driskell misinterpreted it. There were no rankings when it came to the passing part of the camp. The goal of the regional camps is to get an invite to the Elite 11 finals and no one from that region got an invite, so SA's passing performance may have been pretty good (according to some analysts) but not good enough for an invite to the finals.

Driskell posted that and he was wrong. There were more than 10 participants and the placing was, as Telx stated, only the results of the combine portion of the camp. The camp posted the top 10 combine scores so it was actually an achievement but Driskell misinterpreted it. There were no rankings when it came to the passing part of the camp. The goal of the regional camps is to get an invite to the Elite 11 finals and no one from that region got an invite, so SA's passing performance may have been pretty good (according to some analysts) but not good enough for an invite to the finals.
Driskell made a mistake ? Shocking. Such a hack.

Thanks for the clarification.

And that's disappointing he didn't get an invite. Usually they invite around 20 or so qbs to the Elite 11

• Wow
Reactions: tbonesays
Thanks for the clarification.

And that's disappointing he didn't get an invite. Usually they invite around 20 or so qbs to the Elite 11
Yeah, I believe he can try to attend some of the other regionals if he wants another go at it. Currently, he said his new focus is to attend an upcoming Under Armour camp where he hopes to get an invite to the Under Armour AA game.

I just watched Elizabeth Hurley in a string bikini doing push ups and knee bends and I like her thighs. I think she is a gamer.

Yeah, not overly accurate, not that athletic, above average arm.... ND must hit home run in 2023

In 2007 ND landed the number one Recruit (Jimmy Clausen) who had two brothers who played at SEC schools (Casey and Rick) (Tennessee and LSU). Now can ND land Arch Manning, number four recruit who had two uncles who played at SEC schools (Peyton and Eli) (Tennessee and Ole Miss).

See the similarities?

In 2007 ND landed the number one Recruit (Jimmy Clausen) who had two brothers who played at SEC schools (Casey and Rick) (Tennessee and LSU). Now can ND land Arch Manning, number four recruit who had two uncles who played at SEC schools (Peyton and Eli) (Tennessee and Ole Miss).

See the similarities?
No chance

See the similarities?
Big Bowl Goose Eggs?

He only measured at 6-2. I was kind of hoping he was a full 6-3, but no worries....

He can still get there, he's only going into his Senior year. He may grow another inch or two over the Summer. Not worried at all about his size. He's not an Ian Book, with very nimble feet. He's stocky in build and more of a Pro-Style Pocket passer, who has escape-ability. He's definitely not a Dual-Threat QB like Ian was.

Reactions: tbonesays
I agree, no chance Notre Dame lands Arch Manning. But I do feel that Steve Angeli arrives at Notre Dame at 6' 3' or taller
He just doesn’t look that dynamic to me as passer and obviously not as runner ... I like at least book level athleticism at QB

Why don't we wait and see how the careers of both kids shake out before it can be called a big miss ?

If we wanted Allard we would have had him----the staff liked Angeli better-----let's see in a few years.

Reactions: francade
Why don't we wait and see how the careers of both kids shake out before it can be called a big miss ?

If we wanted Allard we would have had him----the staff liked Angeli better-----let's see in a few years.
Not sure that is accurate. We were coming after Allar but he was leaning PSU. So we put full court on Angeli

Then it was a coincidence that he verballed to PSU the day after Angeli committed to us ?

The fact remains, we need a Trevor Lawrence if we're going to win a title game. We don't have Trevor Lawrence and we aren't even trying to get one like him.

If we can pull a kid like Quinn Ewers from Ohio State, then we are getting warmer. We do that every year and now we're able to compete with Bama. If we don't get better quarterbacks, we can just keep talking about winning a title, listening to BK talk about how it's the expectation, buy merchandise and get excited that they'll pull a miracle. I'll remain a fan either way, but I really would like to see them recruit better so we can stop the status quo.

Last edited:
Reactions: irish4life9999
Then it was a coincidence that he verballed to PSU the day after Angeli committed to us ?
I do think we pulled the trigger on Angeli too soon. We could have slow played him and worked on other recruits. I was suprised we took him so early.

ADVERTISEMENT