ADVERTISEMENT

Jurcovich

a ridiculous retort!

UGA has 4 ‘elite’ QB’s - 1 will play and 3 kids who probably bought into a less than forthright sales pitch will see their dreams damaged or crushed. Itis ultimately on the kids and parents to do due diligence and make the choice in ’all honesty’, not rose colored glasses. The coaches today have one interest at stake: their own!
9 figure contracts and generational wealth are on the line. It’s cut-throat. Have to the best amongst the elite. Not everyone can do it. Feeling are going to get hurt. Kill or be killed, and I mean that figuratively, not literally.

Reactions: Golson5
9 figure contracts and generational wealth are on the line. It’s cut-throat. Have to the best amongst the elite. Not everyone can do it. Feeling are going to get hurt. Kill or be killed, and I mean that figuratively, not literally.
I once heard a reporter comment on Urban Meyers ability to make kids believe they were all “the one”. She said there are two types of coaches in CFB, sociopaths and people who get fired for losing.

I once heard a reporter comment on Urban Meyers ability to make kids believe they were all “the one”. She said there are two types of coaches in CFB, sociopaths and people who get fired for losing.
seems so. evil wins when good is stupid !

Let's discuss how Justin Field's " dreams were crushed " by signing with Georgia.

If you're unhappy you transfer. They have made it so easy to pull that off it's silly.

I checked in for a few minutes. He looks like the guy I saw last year. No accuracy. Always throws with ball nose down. Looks tentative and stiff.
The refs are handing the game to BC. Awful calls on targeting. Love how these Mickey Mouse announcers repeatedly mis-prounounce Phil’s name. Plus it’s great that the title of the thread has the name misspelled.

Last edited:
The refs are handing the game to BC. Awful calls on targeting. Love how these Mickey Mouse announcers repeatedly mis-prounounce Phil’s name.
27-39-207,,- 1Td 1 int. Ran for 37 yards on 8 carries and 2 TD's only his 2nd start. I like how he sucks. In two games 6 TD's and 507 yards in passing with room for improvement. Will BC ever win an ACC championship probably not. Will BC beat ND obviously no being the overall talent level, but I do like the way he is trending.

Reactions: rgc7 and NDinNJ
27-39-207,,- 1Td 1 int. Ran for 37 yards on 8 carries and 2 TD's only his 2nd start. I like how he sucks. In two games 6 TD's and 507 yards in passing with room for improvement. Will BC ever win an ACC championship probably not. Will BC beat ND obviously no being the overall talent level, but I do like the way he is trending.
You realize they played 1 and 3 Texas st?

His 1st start was much much better. This was not good from him

Reactions: amazingreis
He Sucks, you’re wrong. Texas STATE for chrissakes

You realize they played 1 and 3 Texas st?

His 1st start was much much better. This was not good from him

You realize Book had worse numbers vs USF with a far better talent around him than PJ did vs Texas State. You guys are a joke.

You realize Book had worse numbers vs USF with a far better talent around him than PJ did vs Texas State. You guys are a joke.
I'm not a big Book fan and this has nothing to do with Book. I thought we were talking about Phil?

Btw, Book had a better game against usf than Phil did against texas st. Not that it matters.

Books QBR was 86.9
Phils was 51.9

Not that it matters but if you watched at all. He struggled

he is not standing on the sidelines wasting his 4 years - he gets to play! that is a win.

I'm not a big Book fan and this has nothing to do with Book. I thought we were talking about Phil?

Btw, Book had a better game against usf than Phil did against texas st. Not that it matters.

Books QBR was 86.9
Phils was 51.9

Not that it matters but if you watched at all. He struggled

With the talent Book has around him, an 86.9 QBR vs USF isn’t something I would be posting.

btw, my beef isn’t with Book, he’s doing the best he can with his talent and exceeding, but rather it’s with BK who has destroyed this position and some solid QB’s year over year since he’s been here.

Reactions: rgc7
Here is what I do not understand:

If Phil was better than Book then Phil would have been the starter.
What am I missing here?

Phil is not doing anything special at BC. Who cares that the guy transferred!!!

Phil was not good enough to start at ND. He was not good enough to win the starting job. He decided to transfer to a mediocre program. When he entered the transfer pool, I didn’t see one top 10 program go after him.

Phil saying he felt he was going backwards because of Kelly? What is he talking about? Come on Phil, you couldn’t cut it at ND so you jumped ship to a garbage program. Just leave gracefully.

With the talent Book has around him, an 86.9 QBR vs USF isn’t something I would be posting.

btw, my beef isn’t with Book, he’s doing the best he can with his talent and exceeding, but rather it’s with BK who has destroyed this position and some solid QB’s year over year since he’s been here.

destroyed?

It is more like he picks the guys that will best fit what he envisions for his offense. The criticism would be that he continues to also recruit QB’s that are not in sync with his comfort zone for the position. I have to say, that is more the fault of the kids and the parents at this point. Ad libs, create on the fly, improvise type kids are just not going to make BK feel comfortable.
Of those recruited you can categorize them and see the pattern.
JMO, but Drew Pyne is the next darling of the offense. He is technically sound, effective, efficient and coachable to a fault. What you see is what you get: wysiwyg. He will make BK smile.

You’re obsessed w Book, and drag him into every thread. Get a life and stop obsessing over a college kid.

Yawn. Im not on Book, he’s done very well. My issue is with BK’s handling of the position. QB’s regressing year over year. Let’s be honest we all know BK sucks at evaluating and developing QB’s. Some just choose to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it.
I hope I’m wrong, but based on 11 years of data points, ND will never win a national championship, or I’ll go as far and say beat a top 5 team and win a major bowl game, so long as BK is the coach and doesn’t fix what he is doing with the QB position.

destroyed?

It is more like he picks the guys that will best fit what he envisions for his offense. The criticism would be that he continues to also recruit QB’s that are not in sync with his comfort zone for the position. I have to say, that is more the fault of the kids and the parents at this point. Ad libs, create on the fly, improvise type kids are just not going to make BK feel comfortable.
Of those recruited you can categorize them and see the pattern.
JMO, but Drew Pyne is the next darling of the offense. He is technically sound, effective, efficient and coachable to a fault. What you see is what you get: wysiwyg. He will make BK smile.

And where’s the win vs top 5 competition? where’s the major bowl win? where’s the season without an embarrassing loss?

He’s had a bunch of solid 4 star QB’s to work with in 11 years and they all regressed while in the program. That’s on Kelly.

And where’s the win vs top 5 competition? where’s the major bowl win? where’s the season without an embarrassing loss?

He’s had a bunch of solid 4 star QB’s to work with in 11 years and they all regressed while in the program. That’s on Kelly.

well, the buck does stop there! that happens when you are the boss! but, like most cases every attempt to pass the buck is sure to be made.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Well dont say he had better numbers when he didnt. He struggled against a poor team

I don't think I'm alone in saying I wish we still had Phil on the team. I wonder what the buzz was last year:

Was Clark trending higher that Phil? Or was this Long's fault? Or just Book coming back for year 5.

Either way, looks like Phil made the right decision. He was going to have to wait another year to get real minutes... (Unless Book doesn't sharpen up his 'lay-ups'!)

If fans didn't like Phil at ND, they aren't going to like him at BC. If fans liked Phil at ND, they will want him to succeed at BC. Put me in the latter column. No one knows what the issue was. No one attended any of the practices except for some of the media for one practice. For better or worse, as long as BK and Rees are cashing a paycheck at ND, Book will be the QB. Phil was most likely wondering why BK even recruited him. He's better off at BC because he has more to offer than handing the ball off in the final minute of a wipe out. Here's how this will be going down. Every BC loss, Phil pick or fumble will be headline news in multiple threads around here.

“Jurkovec believes he went backward as a quarterback under coach Brian Kelly and offensive coordinator Chip Long”

This has been the story at ND the past 11 years. Every QB has regressed year to year under Kelly.

Thats the one quote that stood out to me. The kid wanted to switch positions? Jesus! He was according to that article a prolific QB to come out of Western PA. But as other posters pointed out. I’m not on the team, @ practices, film room, weight room or in South Bend. Best of luck to PJ.

Reactions: d1042
“Here's how this will be going down. Every BC loss, Phil pick or fumble will be headline news in multiple threads around here.”

You mean posters will over analyze and nitpick any negative play a qb makes in a game? No way, that never happens here.

“Who said Book was any good?“

Is this a serious question? A lot of people think he’s good. Some in the business even picked him to win the heisman. This type of post is what’s spawned when posters nitpick players they don’t like for whatever reason. And that goes for commentators, draft “experts”, whatever. If that player doesn’t suit their version of what’s good, they rip into his weaknesses as if those weaknesses determine his overall play. They don’t. Not every qb is gonna do everything great. I think he plays within what he thinks are his capabilities and sometimes that’s too conservative for some. I get that, but that doesn’t mean he sucks, he’s just getting it done differently. I agree he needs to put us on his back in a big game and get a signature win, but we were #13 in scoring last year and our losses haven’t been all on him so I’ll continue to stand by the fact that he’s been a good qb for ND and doesn’t deserve some of the over the top criticism he gets.

ADVERTISEMENT