ADVERTISEMENT

Jurcovich

“Jurkovec believes he went backward as a quarterback under coach Brian Kelly and offensive coordinator Chip Long”

This has been the story at ND the past 11 years. Every QB has regressed year to year under Kelly.
And I don't think Tommy Rees will help change the trajectory. Kelly needs to bring someone into the program who has track record of developing QBs. It could be the difference between a perennial top 5 program instead top 10.

This has been the story at ND the past 11 years. Every QB has regressed year to year under Kelly.

This is literally the last of two areas that Kelly has to improve on. Recruiting being the other.

I’m still not high on the Rees hire. He may prove me wrong in the long haul, much like Lea, but we’re ND. Getting proven coordinators that can recruit should be the norm.

Several on this board made the ludicrous claim that PJ couldn’t spin the ball in defense of BK not giving him an opportunity.
17-23, 300, 2 TD, 1 INT 203.5 QBR. Not bad considering he has no where near the talent he had at ND

free lancing QB’s are not Kelly’s cup of tea. Kelly wants a QB and QB coach, that is an extension of himself

Reactions: rgc7
“Jurkovec believes he went backward as a quarterback under coach Brian Kelly and offensive coordinator Chip Long”

Without a doubt he did. We tried to change his entire throwing motion from what I can recall. He went from one of the best HS QB’s to a guy who couldn’t throw a spiral.

Reactions: shabak and rgc7
Jurkovec will end up being better than Book. But unfortunately, the timing wasn't right at ND, I guess, so he transferred. Best of luck to him.

Reactions: HarlemIrish

Ouch!

Reactions: d1042

35-6. Coach Kelly is going into the Hall of Fame. PJ couldn’t beat out Ian.

So you're one of those assholes who are gonna use, and presumably keep using the existence of PJ, and his trials and tribulations such as they are, to keep stabbing BK and Book with. Not in the back, but just stabbing them all over the place. Every time the subject of PJ comes up, you're going to take out your little knife and stab Kelly and Book, and probably Tommy Rees as well, I think he's implicated in all that shit too.

And to think we could have three more years of this shit. It's just getting started. Wow, that's kind of heavy to even think about. Or maybe you're just trolling, just kidding around! Wouldn't that be nice.....
No. Not an asshole. Usually assholes name call
I just made a comment based on my opinion which essentially said Book is a good QB, not great. Average in the big picture and Phil did not get a Legit chance Judging upside, I think Phil has more.
You want to make like OJ and slice, go ahead

So you're one of those assholes who are gonna use, and presumably keep using the existence of PJ, and his trials and tribulations such as they are, to keep stabbing BK and Book with. Not in the back, but just stabbing them all over the place. Every time the subject of PJ comes up, you're going to take out your little knife and stab Kelly and Book, and probably Tommy Rees as well, I think he's implicated in all that shit too.

And to think we could have three more years of this shit. It's just getting started. Wow, that's kind of heavy to even think about. Or maybe you're just trolling, just kidding around! Wouldn't that be nice.....

Sometimes-a QB is not a good fit for an offense, (are you paying attention Tyler?)

I’m not sold on Phil at all but with that said, book couldn’t do what Phil did. Honestly think Duke wins if book is qb at BC.

Reactions: theskibro
PJ came to ND, talented athletic and a strong arm, but needing serious work on his mechanics.
So, now it is Tyler Buchner’s turn! He is athletic and like PJ, a real duel threat, but needing coaching and work on his mechanics. Past history seems to indicate, if you come to ND, you had better come as ‘ready - able to go‘ from from first stepping on campus! TB is tempting fate!

Last edited:
PJ came to ND, talented athletic and a strong arm, but needing serious work on his mechanics.
So, now it is Tyler Buchner’s turn! He is athletic and like PJ, a real duel threat, but needing coaching and work on his mechanics. Past history seems to indicate, if you come to ND, you had better come as ‘ready - able to go‘ from from first stepping on campus! TB is tempting fate!
What would Book say? I think it’s worked out well for him.

Wrong. Just wrong. He never got an opportunity. Mop up don’t count. Kelly failed this kid
Phil could have gotten into some of those games a lot sooner instead of mop up duty. Okay, this is one game he played in so let's not anoint him to a first round draft pick. Instead, we will see what happens down the road. I have a feeling he is going to get better and better. The missing link between a national championship vs the champs bowl might have been sitting on the bench all the time. He complained about foot work was off. Do you ever notice how Book has Happy feet in the pocket.

Reactions: rgc7 and theskibro
Phil could have gotten into some of those games a lot sooner instead of mop up duty. Okay, this is one game he played in so let's not anoint him to a first round draft pick. Instead, we will see what happens down the road. I have a feeling he is going to get better and better. The missing link between a national championship vs the champs bowl might have been sitting on the bench all the time. He complained about foot work was off. Do you ever notice how Book has Happy feet in the pocket.
You say “he’s played 1 game, let’s not anoint him“ then you infer that maybe he was the missing link to a title team. Which one is it?

The guy couldn’t beat out Ian Book. Plain and simple. He wasn’t a good fit at ND, so he moved on. We’re set at QB....

Reactions: Pennick4
You say “he’s played 1 game, let’s not anoint him“ then you infer that maybe he was the missing link to a title team. Which one is it?

The guy couldn’t beat out Ian Book. Plain and simple. He wasn’t a good fit at ND, so he moved on. We’re set at QB....
I said might as in it could be, but not a done deal

Go back to your SC board

I just made a comment based on my opinion which essentially said Book is a good QB, not great. Average in the big picture and Phil did not get a Legit chance Judging upside, I think Phil has more.

I respect you GREATLY SkiBro. I know you will get back on the Book bandwagon when he slays Goliath in November.
ps. You are the Original Book lover. You persuaded me that Book was the Moses the Irish needed to get back to the top. I will glady vacate my throne as resident Book enthusiast and give it back to you after we are back on top.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake !
34 to 3.

Sometimes-a QB is not a good fit for an offense, (are you paying attention Tyler?)
Yeah....recruits are following you with baited breaths. He probably wants to play with Mike Sanford Jr. It's been his lifelong dream. 🤣

Reactions: IrishMike409
How do you get to go to practice? I would like to go with you to watch practice sometime. Do you have to know someone?

Reactions: IrishMike409

Look. Beating out Ian Book is not the criteria. Practice versus game is

joe Montana could not beat out 2 guys in practice.

coaches make mistakes.

some players need a game to come alive. They need a vote of confidence. Phil said he was beat down by Kelly. Lost desire

I am not pinning all blame on Kelly. But diamonds are not always identified in the rough. There are many examples of this

good coaches like Dabo, Urban n Nick put their QBs in games to have them ready n see what they have. Kelly does not

I respect you GREATLY SkiBro. I know you will get back on the Book bandwagon when he slays Goliath in November.
ps. You are the Original Book lover. You persuaded me that Book was the Moses the Irish needed to get back to the top. I will glady vacate my throne as resident Book enthusiast and give it back to you after we are back on top.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake !
34 to 3.
I never ever go against my Bodemeistre. I like Book very much. Always did. But he will always be just ok imo He is a few nickels short of a dollar

KIZER ?

No one wins when kids pick the wrong school. And I have yet to hear a coach anywhere express any concern/remorse for failing a kid, the coaches just move on. Remember these kids get 4 years, no more.

Yes we should play every one of them.

a ridiculous retort!

UGA has 4 ‘elite’ QB’s - 1 will play and 3 kids who probably bought into a less than forthright sales pitch will see their dreams damaged or crushed. Itis ultimately on the kids and parents to do due diligence and make the choice in ’all honesty’, not rose colored glasses. The coaches today have one interest at stake: their own!

ADVERTISEMENT