ADVERTISEMENT

Jurcovich

“Who said Book was any good?“

Is this a serious question? A lot of people think he’s good. Some in the business even picked him to win the heisman. This type of post is what’s spawned when posters nitpick players they don’t like for whatever reason. And that goes for commentators, draft “experts”, whatever. If that player doesn’t suit their version of what’s good, they rip into his weaknesses as if those weaknesses determine his overall play. They don’t. Not every qb is gonna do everything great. I think he plays within what he thinks are his capabilities and sometimes that’s too conservative for some. I get that, but that doesn’t mean he sucks, he’s just getting it done differently. I agree he needs to put us on his back in a big game and get a signature win, but we were #13 in scoring last year and our losses haven’t been all on him so I’ll continue to stand by the fact that he’s been a good qb for ND and doesn’t deserve some of the over the top criticism he gets.
He doesnt deserve some of the over the top criticism he gets. And he doesnt deserve some of the over the top praise he gets. Goes both ways

It is Phil's 2nd start and he is putting up better numbers than a 5th year senior who has 3 years on him against comparable competition.
You people kill me.

“He doesnt deserve some of the over the top criticism he gets. And he doesnt deserve some of the over the top praise he gets. Goes both ways“

I think that’s maybe somewhat fair. But just out of curiosity what “over the top” praise about book have you heard here?

“He doesnt deserve some of the over the top criticism he gets. And he doesnt deserve some of the over the top praise he gets. Goes both ways“

I think that’s maybe somewhat fair. But just out of curiosity what “over the top” praise about book have you heard here?
Some people say he could win the Heisman. Some people saying he's 24 and 3 so he's a great qb. I've read people say he was a better qb than Quinn and Clausen. He has a lot of supporters on here. And he has a lot of haters too.

why the back and forth? why so impossible to just be happyfor a nice kid?

why-is that so impossible for some?

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT