ADVERTISEMENT

June Visits

You're assuming a lot there

What I do agree with is building depth. I’d rather take both Jackson Arnold or Chris Vizzina AND Avery Johnson over just Dante Moore, but I know I’m in the minority there. If we take Dante and an Ian Book, that would be ideal. I’m actually annoyed we haven’t taken our token backup this cycle because we are so dependent on Dante Moore. Sometimes those token 3 star backups become Ian Book, Baker Mayfield, or Patrick Mahomes. It’s like we are obsessed. We have the # 1 class. If Dante doesn’t want to be part of that so what! Go get a 3 star Ian Book, plus Avery Johnson or poach a 4 star and then throw the cards down for Julian Sayin and CJ Carr and table the one that wants it. This all in, please, please come here Dante crap might work, but if it doesn’t, I’m going to go ahead and say Rees and NDs all in strategy here is dumb ass and I told ya so. We are the only program begging Dante. All the others are entertaining multiple QBs. Chances are high that the next great NFL QB is sitting down the list somewhere as a 3 star being overlooked and likely posses either huge height and arms strength or great running ability and razor sharp accuracy. I like depth. Develop a damn QB!

Last edited:
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
What I do agree with is building depth. I’d rather take both Jackson Arnold or Chris Vizzina AND Avery Johnson over just Dante Moore, but I know I’m in the minority there. If we take Dante and an Ian Book, that would be ideal. I’m actually annoyed we haven’t taken our token backup this cycle because we are so dependent on Dante Moore. Sometimes those token 3 star backups become Ian Book, Baker Mayfield, or Patrick Mahomes. It’s like we are obsessed. We have the # 1 class. If Dante doesn’t want to be part of that so what! Go get a 3 star Ian Book, plus Avery Johnson or poach a 4 star and then throw the cards down for Julian Sayin and CJ Carr and table the one that wants it. This all in, please, please come here Dante crap might work, but if it doesn’t, I’m going to go ahead and say Rees and NDs all in strategy here is dumb ass and I told ya so. We are the only program begging Dante. All the others are entertaining multiple QBs. Chances are high that the next great NFL QB is sitting down the list somewhere as a 3 star being overlooked and likely posses either huge height and arms strength or great running ability and razor sharp accuracy. I like depth. Develop a damn QB!
We have a Steve Angeli and Drew Pyne. We need another Tyler Buchner. Depth isn't going to win you a NC. An elite QB will.

That's why the staff is going after Dante Moore and not settling

We have a Steve Angeli and Drew Pyne. We need another Tyler Buchner. Depth isn't going to win you a NC. An elite QB will.

That's why the staff is going after Dante Moore and not settling
Chasing that "elite" talent has two challenges.....(1) landing him....(2) keeping him. If Moore is hellbent on playing hard to get....then hard to keep isn't far behind. ND needs players who want to be here. I'm not convinced Moore fits that category. There is that possibility that he is a silent verb, and the coaching staff is accommodating the publicity phase of recruiting....but odds are, he hasn't made up his mind. I agree with those who think ND needs to land a solid quarterback this cycle, regardless of Moore's decision. If ND ends up taking two, thats OK too as long as both are a genuine boost to the quarterback room.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Chasing that "elite" talent has two challenges.....(1) landing him....(2) keeping him. If Moore is hellbent on playing hard to get....then hard to keep isn't far behind. ND needs players who want to be here. I'm not convinced Moore fits that category. There is that possibility that he is a silent verb, and the coaching staff is accommodating the publicity phase of recruiting....but odds are, he hasn't made up his mind. I agree with those who think ND needs to land a solid quarterback this cycle, regardless of Moore's decision. If ND ends up taking two, thats OK too as long as both are a genuine boost to the quarterback room.
Players are allowed to take officials. Just because hes not committed on your timeline doesnt mean hes not going to end up here

Players are allowed to take officials. Just because hes not committed on your timeline doesnt mean hes not going to end up here
I don't have a timeline....just an opinion that draws only one conclusion...that ND needs to sign a quarterback, or two, with or without Moore.

I don't have a timeline....just an opinion that draws only one conclusion...that ND needs to sign a quarterback, or two, with or without Moore.
Agree. I think sadly we have put ourselves in a position where we do not have much of a backup plan. Essentially all the big programs will get a good quarterback, most likely because they entertain multiple kids and don't quit on them simply because they are infatuated with one. We would have to poach to get a great one and despite ridiculous ND fans thinking we can get whoever we want (ala Dante is an ND lock, Chris Vizzina would pick ND for sure, or Jackson Arnold could be poached), we might have to dig to the bottom of the barrel and grab a low 3 star like Brendan Clark. That would be two years in a row with poor QB recruiting. If that happens (which seems 50/50 at best considering Dante seems very unsure of where he wants to go), it will be one of the worst 2 year droughts in QB recruiting since I can remember.

My greater concern is the domino impact of Dante not choosing ND. I think a lot of kids are excited about ND and the potential for the #1 class if Dante pick ND. I think there was a bunch of fluff about him being an ND lock from the media and overzealous ND fans. If/when Dante decides not to come to ND, that will set in motion some negativity, which will exacerbate the issue if we lose to Ohio State. At that point we could see multiple kids jump ship. Let's hope that is a worst case scenario and won't happen.

Last edited:
They will sign someone if Moore chooses elsewhere. They know what they are doing. We'll flip someone if that happens

Yea he’s WV bound. Sucks big time. Starting to get a little concerned at WR now.
Concerned at WR, QB, Corner. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but who in their right mind chooses West Virginia over Notre Dame? That's a 10 years down the road kicking yourself decision.

Concerned at WR, QB, Corner. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but who in their right mind chooses West Virginia over Notre Dame? That's a 10 years down the road kicking yourself decision.
I think it’s close to home for him. I’m not too concerned at QB, but yea, DB and WR have me very worried

I think it’s close to home for him. I’m not too concerned at QB, but yea, DB and WR have me very worried
I'm not worried about WR but it's not going to be as great as it could have been. I expect Greathouse to be Irish. That's a big time texas combo with James

I'm not concerned about QB right now unless Buchner goes down. We are on thin ice for the future of the program.

Some guys just want to know they will start right away and be the big fish in a small pond. That's my guess.

Gallagher to WVU. The way he spoke about why he chose WVU leads me to believe he selected them because he wants the spotlight. Best of luck to him!

Um, who else would we get? We should get Greathouse, Flores, Hanafin, Elzy. We need to load up. Gallagher a gone.
We already have James

James
Greathouse
Flores
Hanafin

Tease and Manning are options.

Dont give up on Tate, Gallagher and Williams

Then Elzy

ADVERTISEMENT