ADVERTISEMENT

Jr Day weekend?

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
Does anyone know if this is supposed to field a strong class of participants? Should we expect any commitments? Thanks

From Big23Head
http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52012&page

Unofficial Visit, Junior Day [1/27]:

S Kenyatta Watson II (Offer)
DL Nana Osafo-Mensah (Offer)
TE Hudson Henry (Offer)
CB Wesley Walker (Offer)
DL Hunter Spears (Offer)
WR Jake Smith (Offer)
DL Joseph Anderson (Offer)
WR Kyren Williams (Offer)
WR Trey Knox (Offer)
WR Kam Brown (Offer)
CB K.J. Wallace (Offer)
WR John Metchie (Offer)
DL Mazi Smith (Offer)
WR Joe Ngata (Offer)
ATH Ronnie Hickman (Offer)
TE Jude Wolfe (Offer)
WR Jashon Watkins (Offer)
WR TJ Sheffield (Offer) *Tentative
RB Sampson James
TE Michael Mayer
S Jayvon Thrift
LB Keith Maguire
S Jayvon Thrift
DL Jacob Lacey (ND Verbal)

Does anyone know if this is supposed to field a strong class of participants? Should we expect any commitments? Thanks

Last year there were around 12 I think & 10-11 verballed, & all but Gervin are now Irish I believe.

This year there are over 20 & counting, but I don’t expect as many verbals.
Mazi Smith & Joseph Anderson are the two people believe are the most likely.

ND has an OL camp that is later on so the OL usually go to that other than the Junior day.

There are a few others that are possible, but I can’t see a 90% rate like last year.

ELITE group of Dlineman hanging out together today at Junior day.

DUlbT4YX0AUDtiA

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Also, the 6th ranked ILB in the ‘19 class who was not on the list showed up unexpectedly.
Jackson Hannah

Definitely a lot of positive momentum. Derrik Allen coming to Notre Dame is helping out a ton with the pair of Georgia DB's he's close with. I think Spears is going to be Irish, which is a big get. One of Smith, Briggs or Johnson will round a really nice 3 man DT / NG class with Briggs and Lacey. ND is now squarely in it for their top target at drop, Osafo-Mensah, whose parents are both Stanford graduates and surgeons. That's going to be a really tough one though. Hudson Henry is another interesting one. Arkansas legacy. His brother made it to the NFL playing TE at Arkansas. Can Long pull him to South Bend. A lot of questions to be answered over the next 12 months.

Could ND land a class that looked something like...

QB: Cade McNamara
RB: Chez Mellusi
RB: Sampson James / TJ McDaniel / Jirehl Brock
WR: John Metchie / John Dunmore / Joe Ngata
WR: Jake Smith
WR: Kyren Williams
TE: Hudson Henry
OL: John Olmstead
OL: Quinn Caroll
OL: Bryan Hudson
OL: Zeke Correll
OL: Andrew Kristofic / Trevor Keegan / Joel Tipmann
WDE: Nana-Osafo Mensah
DT: Hunter Spears
DT: Jacob Lacey
DT / NG: Mazi Smith
SDE: Joseph Anderson
Buck: Keith Macguire
Mike: Brandon Smith
CB: K.J. Wallace
CB: Julian Barnett / Wesley Walker
S: Litchfield Ajavon
S: Kenyatta Watson

Definitely a lot of positive momentum. Derrik Allen coming to Notre Dame is helping out a ton with the pair of Georgia DB's he's close with. I think Spears is going to be Irish, which is a big get. One of Smith, Briggs or Johnson will round a really nice 3 man DT / NG class with Briggs and Lacey. ND is now squarely in it for their top target at drop, Osafo-Mensah, whose parents are both Stanford graduates and surgeons. That's going to be a really tough one though. Hudson Henry is another interesting one. Arkansas legacy. His brother made it to the NFL playing TE at Arkansas. Can Long pull him to South Bend. A lot of questions to be answered over the next 12 months.

I asked around this morning and was told the following...
ND is all over Mazi Smith & have backed off Briggs quite a bit. They want Smith & Anderson & Spears over Briggs.

Henry has hinted he wants his own legacy & that might mean he doesn’t want to play at Arkansas in his brother’s shadow.

Some think KJ Wallace, Hunter Spears & McGuire might verbal soon.

I think a few above like Ajavon & Mellusi already kind of are ND.

Lacey & Allen have been recruiting hard for ND.

The OL will be coming to the OL camp ND has & hoping to lock a few up there.

ND is all over Mazi Smith & have backed off Briggs quite a bit. They want Smith & Anderson & Spears over Briggs.

Henry has hinted he wants his own legacy & that might mean he doesn’t want to play at Arkansas in his brother’s shadow.

My only disappointment is that yet another year goes by when ND couldn't manage to get even 1 of about 30, 5 star players on campus early for their junior day. A bunch of top 100-200 kids have visited, but I don't see a single one that ND is legitimately in on. Zack Harison says the right things, but he's not coming. Don't think Bru McCoy is leaving the West Coast. Brian Williams was a guy ND had a great shot with, but not anymore. He'll likely follow Elko to A&M and stay at home in Texas... Those who claim landing 5 stars is overrated didn't watch Jimmy Clausen, Michael Floyd, Kyle Rudolph, Manti Te'o, Stephon Tuitt or Quenton Nelson play at Notre Dame... Statistically, you have something around a 70% hit rate, relative to 5 stars becoming impact players at college. ND needs to find a way to land one every year. Even just one per class can make a world of difference.

My only disappointment is that yet another year goes by when ND couldn't manage to get even 1 of about 30, 5 star players on campus early for their junior day. A bunch of top 100-200 kids have visited, but I don't see a single one that ND is legitimately in on. Zack Harison says the right things, but he's not coming. Don't think Bru McCoy is leaving the West Coast. Brian Williams was a guy ND had a great shot with, but not anymore. He'll likely follow Elko to A&M and stay at home in Texas... Those who claim landing 5 stars is overrated didn't watch Jimmy Clausen, Michael Floyd, Kyle Rudolph, Manti Te'o, Stephon Tuitt or Quenton Nelson play at Notre Dame... Statistically, you have something around a 70% hit rate, relative to 5 stars becoming impact players at college. ND needs to find a way to land one every year. Even just one per class can make a world of difference.

I’m still convinced Phil is a 5 Star.

I’m still convinced Phil is a 5 Star.

Maybe he will prove to be. I tend to agree with you on that one. I think Jayson Ademilola has that upside as well, and so does Shayne Simon relative to position... But that doesn't change my point.

lots of CBs coming in right now for our irish from recruiting anylists for nation's top TE Henry and the two TX DTs amongst many other players. seems like most or if not all the recruits are raving about this junior day

lots of CBs coming in right now for our irish from recruiting anylists for nation's top TE Henry and the two TX DTs amongst many other players. seems like most or if not all the recruits are raving about this junior day

It was a huge success.

Lacey being there & recruiting hard for ND with the other DL was huge. They all (all five of them) have said in interviews they loved hanging out together & wanted to play together.
Spears & Mensah were even talking about rooming together at ND.
Allen was hitting the Georgia kids hard & made a big impression.
And as a bonus for the Kelly haters, every kid interviewed so far has mentioned the one on one time with him as amazing.

Maybe he will prove to be. I tend to agree with you on that one. I think Jayson Ademilola has that upside as well, and so does Shayne Simon relative to position... But that doesn't change my point.

Sent an update to you just now.

Agree with IIO on 5*. Our last one was Daelin Hayes in '16 and before that Q in '14 and then Bryant, Redfield and Jaylon in '13. So we're 3 for 5.

Unlike a lot of the teams who lose their 5* after their Junior seasons, ND will have NINE returning fifth year guys this year. Many of those like Jay Hayes, Sam Mustipher, Nic Weisher, Alex Bars were 4* while Tranquil and Bonner were underrated 3* or 3* who have exceeded expectations. All will now be playing with four years in our system -- they bring emotional and physical maturity to the team. Coney and perhaps Tillery are the kind of juniors who would have been gone from Alabama or Georgia (and yes, following my logic Coney and Tillery were not 5*s as Freshmen and the SEC guys probably were, but I would maintain they are 5+*s now... Like Manti, Floyd, Eifert, Q -- guys with NFL talent after junior year who stick it out for a senior season.

It is kind of a football version of Brey's model (with football getting overall better talent out of high school) -- taking guys who are committed to the idea and importance of a Notre Dame degree -- taking guys who are not 3 and done --

Now, it would be great to sprinkle in a Jaylon or Clausen (guys who are 3 and done) to add elite immediate talent to the mix.

At least this is what I'm hoping finally gets us back to the big game.

5 Star Safety Brian Williams from Texas just committed to Elko, errrr, A&M.

Most thought he was a ND lock while Elko was at ND, but obviously he followed Elko to A&M.

I agree on the 5- stars, have to get 1-2 a year.. that being said, how many develop into 5 stars by the time they leave? Procise, Mglinchey, Adams, Harrison, Eifert, Stanley, Martin, Keivarie, Fuller were all 5 stars by the time they left campus.

It was a huge success.

Lacey being there & recruiting hard for ND with the other DL was huge. They all (all five of them) have said in interviews they loved hanging out together & wanted to play together.
Spears & Mensah were even talking about rooming together at ND.
Allen was hitting the Georgia kids hard & made a big impression.
And as a bonus for the Kelly haters, every kid interviewed so far has mentioned the one on one time with him as amazing.
Thanks for all the info you have been providing!

I think Hickman might be a get also.

I think Hickman might be a get also.

Big fan of Hickman as well. I think ND only takes two safeties in the class this year. I think Ajavon will be one of them. Guys like Cross, Hickman and Watson will battle for the other spot.

Big fan of Hickman as well. I think ND only takes two safeties in the class this year. I think Ajavon will be one of them. Guys like Cross, Hickman and Watson will battle for the other spot.

I think we might already know which one it will be after a few interviews tonight. And obviously you know which one it is...

Spread the good news!

Nobody committed yet, just saying of the three one is pretty much ND unless something drastically changes. He almost committed but wanted to “sleep on it” type of thing. Not get caught up in the visit.
If you read other posts from before you can probably make an educated guess.

Nobody committed yet, just saying of the three one is pretty much ND unless something drastically changes. He almost committed but wanted to “sleep on it” type of thing. Not get caught up in the visit.
If you read other posts from before you can probably make an educated guess.
You must be talking about Julius Irving.... (just busting your balls)

Wait a minute, how can this be ? some of the self appointed geniuses here have insisted that no one wants to work for brian kelly let alone play for him. what is going on ???

Reactions: Kelso86
Wait a minute, how can this be ? some of the self appointed geniuses here have insisted that no one wants to work for brian kelly let alone play for him. what is going on ???
This is the best strawman to make please keep making it every recruiting thread with food news in it.

Yes. All the visitors love BK and ND until they visit their next school and they are contacted by 8000 other coaches. It is way too early in the game to start doing back flips.

ADVERTISEMENT